• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimp and two veg

Youth Team
Real difficult team to predict and with a new manager too, looks like we are about 7-1 to win the title. A few players in the squad with the talent yes, but can they all gel together and make it work? Get a few lucky goals and I can see a strong belief will build quickly. I think we are a dark horse and it may well turn up trumps, the important thing is we have goals in us and a strong defence.
Thats it then, Southend for the title...

Still need a few more players to compete for the play-offs IMO, but not sure how that will happen in the current circumstances. Mid-table this season again I reckon.

There or there abouts, but carded and injured players will once again play a part in keeping a small squad firmly in league 2

I would say top 10 for most of the season. going back and fourth in the play-off positions. difficult to predict because we don't know who else is coming in, money issues sapping morale coming at any time etc plus as members have said injuries to take on board as well. to conclude i'd say we'll finish a few places outside the play offs.

the only other concern is we are passed the stage of Brown's honeymoon period oof hitting the ground running. By that I mean his appointment was designed to bring about a sudden surge in fortunes to try and make a late bid for the play-offs and it didn't happen. in fact virtually the complete opposite happened. and you can't really say this is his true team now because hes only been able to bring in 3 players and that i accept is no fault of his own. with the restrictions seemingly in place it makes you wonder if the season will start as the previous one ended. time will i guess.

Team looks much fitter under Brown and looks to play football more often, which will please those who were Sturrock detractors. I hope we'll be in and around the play offs for much of the season, and having a bit of luck along the way for once, to help us push for the automatics.

Team looks much fitter under Brown and looks to play football more often, which will please those who were Sturrock detractors. I hope we'll be in and around the play offs for much of the season, and having a bit of luck along the way for once, to help us push for the automatics.

Nice to think that way but unfortunately we've always had bad luck with injuries. If we can top up the numbers in the squad then when injuiries occur we can cover for that. The problem is when this happens and restrictions rears its ugly head by keeping numbers low then that will be the downfall as far as promotion or a play-off place is concerned.

Nice to think that way but unfortunately we've always had bad luck with injuries. If we can top up the numbers in the squad then when injuiries occur we can cover for that. The problem is when this happens and restrictions rears its ugly head by keeping numbers low then that will be the downfall as far as promotion or a play-off place is concerned.

Last few seasons though, some of our problems have been self inflicted (I'm thinking suspensions in particular), if Brown can sort the discipline out then we only have injuries to cope with.

Last few seasons though, some of our problems have been self inflicted (I'm thinking suspensions in particular), if Brown can sort the discipline out then we only have injuries to cope with.

Yeah hope so. I think much of good man management has to be behind closed doors. So when the more pvt stuff arises he keeps in this way. Don't want a repeat of his actions of doing it by taking the players onto the pitch in front of the supporters. Surely he wouldn't be so naive as to do that again. next time would finish him.

I would say mid table with the small squad we have would be the best we can hope for .Bring in a few more players then you never know . All I will say is hold tight for a bumpy ride .

I would say mid table with the small squad we have would be the best we can hope for .Bring in a few more players then you never know . All I will say is hold tight for a bumpy ride .

I think this has been said for the last 3 seasons and my view is there has been pleasent surprises. 3 years ago people we'd be doomed but flirted with the play-offs before finishing mid-table. next season within one pont and 20 mins of automatic promotion but got to the play-offs. Last year people ythought another turn for the worse but again flirted with the play-offs up until the last 2 games. Notice how Ron didn't thank Mr Sturrock for keeping the team above water considerably more than what was expected. So I guess you never know. Why I don't like predicting really.

We are f###ed we are forbidden from signing anyone and tge first team needs at least three additions to compete for top ten let alone promotion. I for one think we will finish lower than last season for sure. Still cant wait for next Saturday though......come on you blues

We are f###ed we are forbidden from signing anyone and tge first team needs at least three additions to compete for top ten let alone promotion. I for one think we will finish lower than last season for sure. Still cant wait for next Saturday though......come on you blues

But take Luggy's first season. most thought we were relegation fodder what with only a few players here when he took over. And Bilel Mohsni's start to his personal season was delayed because of not being registered in time. included in that it was the end of the world because Steve Tilson was no longer involved but we still managed to flirt with the play-offs in the most part ending in 12th. so again i'd say you never know but it will need mammoth effort.

Real difficult team to predict and with a new manager too, looks like we are about 7-1 to win the title. A few players in the squad with the talent yes, but can they all gel together and make it work? Get a few lucky goals and I can see a strong belief will build quickly. I think we are a dark horse and it may well turn up trumps, the important thing is we have goals in us and a strong defence.
Thats it then, Southend for the title...
You can get odds of around 20/1 for us winning league 2.Ladbrokes and William Hill will give you 25/1

Just outside playoffs as things stand! If we can get decent signings in we could make the playoffs!

If last nights anything to go by then I'm feeling very confident, they look the fittest I've seen in ages and always tried to play the ball on the floor and keep possession, something I love and have wanted for ages!

(Problem with us is when league starts and we play weaker opposition we start going long so, Phil please keep them trying it this way!)

We have decent players all over the the pitch, the only area that worries me is the centre back area, Prosser try's hard and would make a good captain but for me he isn't a player that Brown will like, he panics on the ball and hits it long too often (he has tried to improve though)

Overall we have good quality now, Atkinson looks quality, pace at last at LB with Coker, White looks like he's been here for ages, Laird is a machine, Clifford is class (need to sign him) etc

We need to sign a CB and ST most IMO!

If we had Tomlin I'd be putting money on being champions.

UTB

If last nights anything to go by then I'm feeling very confident, they look the fittest I've seen in ages and always tried to play the ball on the floor and keep possession, something I love and have wanted for ages!

(Problem with us is when league starts and we play weaker opposition we start going long so, Phil please keep them trying it this way!)

We have decent players all over the the pitch, the only area that worries me is the centre back area, Prosser try's hard and would make a good captain but for me he isn't a player that Brown will like, he panics on the ball and hits it long too often (he has tried to improve though)

Overall we have good quality now, Atkinson looks quality, pace at last at LB with Coker, White looks like he's been here for ages, Laird is a machine, the blonde 16 is class (need to sign him) etc

We need to sign a CB and ST most IMO!

If we had Tomlin I'd be putting money on being champions.

UTB

We will not score enough goals simple as that......hurst injured already.......injury prone strikers......a bench of kids.......players not being paid on time......constant embargoes.........the ingredients for promotion for sure. Martin out now

But take Luggy's first season. most thought we were relegation fodder what with only a few players here when he took over. And Bilel Mohsni's start to his personal season was delayed because of not being registered in time. included in that it was the end of the world because Steve Tilson was no longer involved but we still managed to flirt with the play-offs in the most part ending in 12th. so again i'd say you never know but it will need mammoth effort.

When Sturrock came though we were able to bring in 10 players before the first game to my recollection. So far we've brought in three to my knowledge and need at least 5 more.

I think we'll end up around 16th/17th.

Back