• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So how would you line up?

J

The Chameleon
There is some stick for Tilson on here, again. Some deserved, some definitely not! Remember, this club is being dry raped at the moment - and it's certainly not by Tilly.

He has played some strange formations, but surely you have to understand - he has little if any choice -

How would you line up with what we've got?

Here's mine - 442

Mildy (however, i would seriously question his character at the moment)
---Francis --------Mvoto --------Barrett ----------Malone
Laurent --------Grant (if not injured) ---Moussa ------Herd
-------------Freedman / Patterson / Walker

There is one thing i seriously think Tilly should consider, and that is Herd and Left Mid - with Moussa in the middle -

Once Macca's back (if he returns) i suggest replacing Grant with him..

This seems the most balanced, with the limited resources we've been left with due to us being pillaged from above.

4-4-2

GK : Mildy
RB : Francis
LB : Malone
CB : Barrett
CB : M'Voto
RM : Laurent
LM : Moussa
CM : Grant
CM : O'Keefe
ST : Spencer
ST : Patterson

Unless Tilson finds more drugs and goes for a 4-3-2-1 formation.

Wasn't at the game yesterday, but from comments on here, Moussa needs a big rest and it looks like Malone could do a job in CM.

GK : Mildy
RB : Francis
LB : Herd
CB : Barrett
CB : Baldwin
RM : Laurent
LM : Scannell
CM : Grant
CM : Malone
ST : Spencer
ST : Patterson/Vernon

I would love to see Walker play more, think he has loads to offer, just need to get it out of him. Herd is not bad at LB but the main part of his game is his throw, a major attacking option.

Mildy

Sankofa Mvoto Baldwin Barrett

Francis Grant Moose Scannell

Paterson Spencer

I presume that J is talking about the next game. So no Baldwin.

Mildenhall

Francis M'Voto Barrett Malone

Laurent Moussa Grant Christophe Scannell

Paterson

Possibly could have Herd in for Malone. They're both equally mediocre.

Post Colchester:
Mildenhall

Francis Baldwin M'Voto Barrett

Laurent McCormack Grant Scannell

Vernon Spencer​

I would line up the following:

Mildenhall

Francis Sankofa Barrett Malone

Laurent Christophe Grant Moussa/Scannell

Paterson Spencer​

I wouldn't risk M'Voto especially after that performance yesterday. He clearly hasn't played enough football and it showed. Sankofa was playing well at centre back before his injury and Francis has to play right back because of his attacking threat.

I thought Christophe was awful first half yesterday, but second half i thought he drove us forward well and found Laurent on numerous occasions with some good balls out wide. In fact I think all of our Centre mids have been very poor snce we have been playing 5 in midfield, as someone that plays centre mid, albeit not at a high level, it is so different playing 3 in the middle to 2 in the middle. Different jobs, different roles and if you have players used to playing one way it is hard to switch.

I would get Moussa back out wide but if it's not working then bring scannell on at half time again. I think he is so much better as an impact player, and as a doubter of his, I can even say he was the difference for us in changing the game yesterday. If grant isn't fit then Moussa in the middle, scannell out wide, O'Keefe on the bench if we need to change it ( was surprised after the reviews he got from the Milwall game that he wasn't on the bench yesterday)

Got to start Spencer up front. In the games i have seen him he looks lively, gets in good areas and isn't afraid to have a go! Give Paterson a partner. It showed yesterday even Vernon looked poor until we went two upfront and i thought he looked good. Very strong holds the ball up well and that strike (albeit offside) that hit the bar would have been a good start to his loan deal.

We just have to play 4-4-2!!! For so long people on here have been calling for 4-5-1 and 3-5-2 and hopefully now they have been shown why we stuck at 4-4-2 for the duration of Tilly's reign!

There is some stick for Tilson on here, again. Some deserved, some definitely not! Remember, this club is being dry raped at the moment - and it's certainly not by Tilly.

Tilson had plenty of options for 442 yesterday as the second half demonstrated and Id go with 442 against Col U just to start to get some continuity in our tactics as I think well get beaten whatever system we play.

GK Mildenhall
LB Malone
RB Francis
CB Barrett
VB Mvoto
LM Scannell
RM Laurent
CM Grant
CM JFC
ST Patterson
ST Spencer

Then

GK Mildenhall
LB Malone
RB Francis
CB Barrett
CB Baldwin
LM Scannell/Malone (then AB to leftback and Mvoto in)
RM Laurent
CM Grant
CM JFC
ST Vernon
ST Spencer

Mildenhall

Francis Mvoto Barrett Herd

Laurent Grant Christophe Scannell

Spencer Patterson

Mildenhall

Laurent Malone JFC Scannell

Spencer Paterson

Grant in for Malone if he's fit.

For Colchester:

Mildenhall

Sankofa Francis Barrett Malone

Laurent Grant JFC Scannell

Paterson Spencer.

Then:

Mildenhall

Francis M'Voto Baldwin Barrett

Laurent Macca Grant Scannell

Vernon Paterson.

Mildenhall

Laurent Malone JFC Scannell

Spencer Paterson

Grant in for Malone if he's fit.

Sorry, but your the second person to put Malone in the middle of the park. He isn't a central midfielder, he isn't strong enough for that position.

Even an out of sorts Moussa is a better option then Malone.

Sorry, but your the second person to put Malone in the middle of the park. He isn't a central midfielder, he isn't strong enough for that position.

Even an out of sorts Moussa is a better option then Malone.

Moussa has been poor for a while, needs a stint on the bench.

When Grant went off yesterday it did for a change look like we had a plan B and Malone would go into the middle for whatever reason if we lost a midfielder.

It's not like Tilson to play players out of position though is it ?

Moussa has been poor for a while, needs a stint on the bench.

When Grant went off yesterday it did for a change look like we had a plan B and Malone would go into the middle for whatever reason if we lost a midfielder.

It's not like Tilson to play players out of position though is it ?

Very true.

Must admit with Grant, JFC and Laurent all doubts for the game on Saturday, I was shocked to see O'Keefe not even in the squad.

Very true.

Must admit with Grant, JFC and Laurent all doubts for the game on Saturday, I was shocked to see O'Keefe not even in the squad.

I couldn't quite work that one out either. Millwall was the first time I'd seen him play and I was fairly impressed, the game was dire and I'm not saying he's going to be our savior but I thought he looked good with the ball at his feet and always looked to go forward with it, something we're seriously lacking.

For Col Ewe...

Mildenhall

Sankofa Francis Barrett Malone

Paterson Spencer​

Then:

Mildenhall

Francis Barrett Baldwin Malone

Laurent Macca Grant Moussa

Vernon Spencer​

Can't believe how many people would continue to pick Scannell. Runs with his head down into trouble time and again.

For Col U
Mildy
Francis
Barrett
Mvoto
Herd

Laurent
Grant
JFC
Malone

Patterson
Spencer

2 natural left footers down that side will help and also strong defensively with our best attacking option, Herds throw, included!

Post Col U Vernon back in with 1 of the other 2 doesn't matter which. Any 2 of Baldwin Barrett and Mvoto at centre back. Depending on performances Macca, Moussa etc fight for their places.

We got col ewe next and baldwin and vernon can't start. As they are on loan FROM the col ewe :(

Here's my team i would put in our next game. (COL EWE)

Mildy

Francis Sankofa Barrett Malone

Paterson Spencer

Then i would put Baldwin and Vernon back in the squad in the match after col ewe

He has played some strange formations, but surely you have to understand - he has little if any choice -

How would you line up with what we've got?

Here's mine - 442

Mildy (however, i would seriously question his character at the moment)
---Francis --------Mvoto --------Barrett ----------Malone
Laurent --------Grant (if not injured) ---Moussa ------Herd
-------------Freedman / Patterson / Walker

There is one thing i seriously think Tilly should consider, and that is Herd and Left Mid - with Moussa in the middle -

Once Macca's back (if he returns) i suggest replacing Grant with him..

This seems the most balanced, with the limited resources we've been left with due to us being pillaged from above.

great use of the phrase "dry raped" j !!

this would be my X1 for the shrimpers:

4-4-2
gk mildy
lb malone
cb movoto
cb barrett
rb grant
lw lauren
cm moussa
cm jfc
rw francis
cf spencer