• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So. Humphrys is off..

There are 3 possibilities

1 he is ill
2 physiological he couldn’t face today
3 he is off

Probably had a row with Sol. Can't believe we'd let three strikers leave in this window.

If the plan is to get one in, why not?

We’ve kept our best two - who now have a 100% record up front together. Add an incomer and then Brandon Goodship as 4th choice that should get us through the season. And if we’re going down anyway then Acquah and Rush can probably be 4th and 5th choices without a signing.

Humphrys will be good in 2-3 years’ time. Will that be whilst he’s here? If not and someone wants to pay the it may be best for both parties if he moves on.

I think it’s really sad that after the end of last season, I now wouldn’t be bothered if we lost him. When he’s on it he can be totally unplayable in this division. But there’s too many times he walks about looking very disinterested

I think it’s really sad that after the end of last season, I now wouldn’t be bothered if we lost him. When he’s on it he can be totally unplayable in this division. But there’s too many times he walks about looking very disinterested

and that's the rub with him, he's got the talent to play at a higher level but Fulham decided that he wouldn't be good enough for the championship when they let him leave. In isolation some of his performances especially like against Wycombe look very impressive but he can't sustain it.

for me he is the inverse of Theo, he's got the ability but not always the application yet remains loved by the majority. Theo tried hard but didn't quite have the quality and some fans turned on him.

and that's the rub with him, he's got the talent to play at a higher level but Fulham decided that he wouldn't be good enough for the championship when they let him leave. In isolation some of his performances especially like against Wycombe look very impressive but he can't sustain it.

for me he is the inverse of Theo, he's got the ability but not always the application yet remains loved by the majority. Theo tried hard but didn't quite have the quality and some fans turned on him.
Fulham gave him more time than they did with a lot of other players as they saw the talent he has, but in the end the talent was outweighed by 2 or 3 things including what you say, on the pitch at times so they let him go,

maybe he is “ill” and we are just assuming there is something more sinister occurring after all players do get “ill” just the same as us and suffer with colds, flu, upset stomach etc.

If it is anything more sinister I personally would be quite sad to see him go as I honestly believe we have not seen him at his best

Let's just assume he's ill until we know different, I'm not having any negative thoughts today, wins will be rare this year so going to enjoy this one

maybe he is “ill” and we are just assuming there is something more sinister occurring after all players do get “ill” just the same as us and suffer with colds, flu, upset stomach etc.

If it is anything more sinister I personally would be quite sad to see him go as I honestly believe we have not seen him at his best
Could well be true, it is only rumours saying a bid or he wants to go back north

Yeah we should defo bin off kellman too he's rubbish ?

Yeah, ok I probably should have elaborated a bit.

Of the senior players, I would only try and keep Hopper.

With the kids, the whole point of the academy is to bring them through and then sell them, so if there are any bids for our kids like Kelman, Elvis of Hutch, I'd take that as well, for their sakes.

Yeah, ok I probably should have elaborated a bit.

Of the senior players, I would only try and keep Hopper.

With the kids, the whole point of the academy is to bring them through and then sell them, so if there are any bids for our kids like Kelman, Elvis of Hutch, I'd take that as well, for their sakes.

Charlie Kelman is going to be a prolific striker and his partnership with Hopper looks promising. It would be wrong to sell Kelman at this stage unless Southend received a million plus offer for him. He is only going to get better and his value will correspondingly increase.

Charlie Kelman is going to be a prolific striker and his partnership with Hopper looks promising. It would be wrong to sell Kelman at this stage unless Southend received a million plus offer for him. He is only going to get better and his value will correspondingly increase.

The question is though - can we keep Hopper ?

Back