• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would you renew if ST prices had been frozen?

• Yes

Votes: 32 68.1%
  • No

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters
Maybe, but I think the club would have done well to actually reduce prices by £25/50 per ticket, or offer a better financial package for families. It's worked at other clubs albeit with a bigger capacity than Roots Hall. Why not try it at SUFC, it may have the desired effect of getting more bums on seats. Maintain the match day price, by all means, but give an incentive for those that commit their season ticket money sight unseen.

I accept that the clubs finances are parlous but so are those of many hard pressed supporters.

Maybe, but I think the club would have done well to actually reduce prices by £25/50 per ticket, or offer a better financial package for families. It's worked at other clubs albeit with a bigger capacity than Roots Hall. Why not try it at SUFC, it may have the desired effect of getting more bums on seats. Maintain the match day price, by all means, but give an incentive for those that commit their season ticket money sight unseen.

I accept that the clubs finances are parlous but so are those of many hard pressed supporters.

We did reduce tickets by 20% though and it didnt bring people in and now has made it look like we have hiked the price massibely. Obviously increasing the price will have an adverse affect but reducing season tickets yet again would not guarantee more bums on seats and could have meant even less money coming in.

See my post in the other thread, our ticket prices are still competitive with other clubs even at the new price.

We did reduce tickets by 20% though and it didnt bring people in and now has made it look like we have hiked the price massibely. Obviously increasing the price will have an adverse affect but reducing season tickets yet again would not guarantee more bums on seats and could have meant even less money coming in.

See my post in the other thread, our ticket prices are still competitive with other clubs even at the new price.

Indeed that's true but the club knew full well that the take up of season tickets at division 3 prices for division 4 football would IMO be far less than the actual take up they got for 2010/11. Given the problems at the end of last season I think the club did well to retain the numberof STH's it did. I'd say reducing costs would have more likelihood of getting more through the gates than increasing prices.

IMO the price hike does not represent value for money given the standard of football and opposition is IMO pretty poor.

I Started watching us in league 2 with players like Mark Beard ( No smilie will ever be able to describe him! )

IMO i think that we have a better side than that side 9 years ago. nothing is different really. i enjoyed myself then and all that is different now is that ronald has gone down in my books.

UTB and we need support. Next year is the year so many teams clear out and 2 years later go up! Now its our turn?

utb

Sorry but Ron has brought this on himself - he has alienated the supporter base and until I know that my money is not going on bailing out his mountain of debt then I will abstain.

Back