• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So its Leon Knight to replace Freddie!

northbankblue

Probably been covered but while reading the League paper Tilly is said to be lining up Leon Knight as a replacement for Freddie in January.
Seeing him as an ideal replacement???
rock.gif

page29.

He is indeed on loan at Barnsley from Swansea having fallen out with Swans boss Kenny Jackett. Let's remember, too, that Knight only found himself in Sheep land after falling out with Brighton manager Mark McGhee; is he really the type of guy we want?

I don't believe that Tilly would mention sanything, even if this was going to be the case.

Yeah I dont think he's the type of player we need our current situation.

I'm still not convinced Freddy will leave anyway but if he does then I wouldn't want Knight as his replacement.

Oh dear, another striker with an attitude problem to upset the applecart!! Christ we've just got rid of Ricketts, why the hell do we want Knight?!!!!!
rock.gif

I'd be hugely surprised if this was true: a) because I doubt Tilly would publicly be suggesting that Freddy will go in January (although we all know it's more or less inevitable); and b) Tilly has already publicly questioned Knight's attitude and said he isn't someone we'd consider.

i think eastwood really enjoys playing for southend and i think if we pay him more money he might stay althgough i dont think money motivates him

The very suggestion of this chills me. If we're to stay up, we're going to need everyone on the pitch going out with the right attitude. Knight signing, in my eyes would equal definite relegation with plenty of strife along the way.

Let's learn from the mistake that was Ricketts and not sign such a liability. Another timewaster and guy with an attitude problem is NOT what we need in this kind of situation
mad.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (adam barratt is the best @ Dec. 10 2006,20:51)]i think eastwood really enjoys playing for southend and i think if we pay him more money he might stay althgough i dont think money motivates him
nah he is off in Jan, mark my words. It will all depend on if Ron stands in the way. - source Wrongun

Saw him on the box today for Barnsley against WBA. Looked very average, missed a free header and didn't appear match fit. Was subbed with about 20 minutes left.

I hope this is untrue to be honest.

Tilson told me and McNasty face to face that he 'did not want another bad apple especially as they had just got rid of one', so IMO it's bollox paper talk

I seem to remember a quote in the Echo after speculation linking us with Knight where Tilson said something like, "you have to question why he has had so many clubs in such a short space of time."

His record proves he's not cut out for Championship football.
Didn't set the world alight at Brighton hence his stroppy moaning & 4 games with no goal for Barnsley again appears to back that up.

Paper talk hopefully but then again I have strongly been against Knight signing up ever since it was first rumoured last season.

If we'd have been that interested in Knight surely we'd have brought him in before the window shut, like Macca, to have a look with a view to agreeing a fee for Jan.

Can't see & hope to hell this one isn't a runner.

Best off trying to pinch Aaron Mclean off Peterbourgh!!

Back