• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So it's not 'Climate Change' to be blamed for our cold winters....

Vange Shrimper

Mrs Rock God
Seeing as we're talking about weather and atmospheric occurrences at the moment, I then spotted this on the BBC website.....

The UK and continental Europe could be gripped by more frequent cold winters in the future as a result of low solar activity, say researchers.

They identified a link between fewer sunspots and atmospheric conditions that "block" warm, westerly winds reaching Europe during winter months.

For more: Low Solar Activity link to cold UK Winters

Any thought's on this?

Seeing as we're talking about weather and atmospheric occurrences at the moment, I then spotted this on the BBC website.....

The UK and continental Europe could be gripped by more frequent cold winters in the future as a result of low solar activity, say researchers.

They identified a link between fewer sunspots and atmospheric conditions that "block" warm, westerly winds reaching Europe during winter months.

For more: Low Solar Activity link to cold UK Winters

Any thought's on this?

Yeah, it should be in the Pub. :p

Not sure what thi shas to do with Southend United, please dont tell me thats ron Martins fault too ?

PS Climate change caused by man is a myth. All fuss and nonsense.

Woooaaah this is a mega complicated discussion.

When I have a bit of time I will add my piece.

This winter was very low on solar activity and look what happened. There is definitely a link. Anything that cuts off the Gulf Stream will bring cooler conditions.

Something in my opinion that will have a bigger impact, is the glaciers melting. With the cold ice water mixing with the warmer water of the Gulf Stream, it will bring the water temps down eventually. Lower water temps brings with it cooler weather in simple terms.

Woooaaah this is a mega complicated discussion.

When I have a bit of time I will add my piece.

This winter was very low on solar activity and look what happened. There is definitely a link. Anything that cuts off the Gulf Stream will bring cooler conditions.

Something in my opinion that will have a bigger impact, is the glaciers melting. With the cold ice water mixing with the warmer water of the Gulf Stream, it will bring the water temps down eventually. Lower water temps brings with it cooler weather in simple terms.

So wrong !

It will bring massive tidal waves and the entire northern hemisphere will suffer a massive ice storm and everyone in the USA will emigrate to Mexico.

God havent you seen 'The Day After Tomorrow'?

What do you base your information on ? Facts and science no doubt. Jeez.

Anyway not worth worrying about as I recently saw '2012' and we are all screwed in two years anyway.

Back