• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update So just who IS signing all the players?

Everyone else is signing players, Tilson out, we're the League's poor relations, we don't have any players, it's two weeks before the season and we're the only club not strengthening, Ron Martin isn't doing it, etc, etc.

Finally, a few facts to counter the myths and ******** we seem to get every single year at around this time.

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre, focusing on all reported transfers this season.

Transfers completed

Brighton
5 Out
3 In on free transfers

Bristol Rovers
1 Out
2 In for £100k

Carlisle United
5 Out
2 In on free transfers

Cheltenham Town
6 Out
1 In on a free transfer

Colchester United
8 Out including Lisbie and Duguid for large but undisclosed fees
5 In for £400k (Gillespie) and a bunch of free transfers

Crewe Alexandria
7 Out
4 In for £530k!! (£400k on Calvin Zola, £130k on Joel Grant) and 2 frees

Hartlepool United
0 Out
2 In on free transfers

Hereford
4 Out
4 In on loans/frees/undisclosed fees

Huddersfield
4 Out
2 In on free transfers

Leeds United
5 Out
3 In on free transfers

Leicester City
2 Out for £1.2m
3 In on loan, undisclosed and free transfers

Leyton Orient
2 Out
2 In on a loan and free transfer

Milwall
2 Out
2 In on free transfers

MK Dons
2 Out
0 In

Northampton Town
1 Out
3 In on free transfers and one undisclosed fee

Oldham Athletic
1 Out
2 In on free transfers

Peterborough United
One in on an undisclosed fee

Scunthorpe United
3 Out for £1m
2 In on free transfers
** Relegated, sack the manager, where's the money gone, etc...

Southend United
3 Out (Macdonald - undisclosed, Collis and Gower)
4 In (Joyce, Furlong, Sankofa, Mildenhall) on free transfers

Stockport United
6 Out for £750k
3 in on undisclosed fees and a free transfer

Swindon Town
2 Out
1 In for an undisclosed amount

Tranmere Rovers
5 Out for £400k
5 In - 4 frees and an undisclosed

Walsall
14 Out!!!
3 In on free transfers

Yeovil Town
8 Out
3 in for a whopping £50k

Are we the smallest squad in this league tho? That seems to generate the most concern both in cover for injuries/suspensions and competition for places and IMO quite rightly.

Walsall must have been a big squad? Or they are now just playing the 5-a-side games...and where did all their players go? A new McDonalds opened up?

TBH I wouldn't be sad if Tilson, and/or Ron Martin walk out. We have a chairman so reluctant to give money to his manager, i mean if we're not going to pay £150K for Mulgrew then frankly who are we going to sign?
Yes RM is good for subsiding coaches etc, but is that just a sweetner for us fans? So we're not on his back for his broken promise of a war chest?

All the emphasis has gone on this new ground and not the team, not good enough.

And as much as Tilly has done well for SUFC, his transfers or lack of so far hardly speak volumes. Why do we always leave it so late? It's the same come any transfer deadline day.

Yet we spend six figures on the largely inept James Walker, great bit of business NOT!

Outs for us, not 3 but Hunt, Maher, Black, Collis, Wilson released. Gower and Flavs turn down new contracts, Chaz and Hoops sold.

That makes 9 out, with 4 more listed and just 5 in so far.

SBH, if you are going to post facts, please try and get them right.

Outs for us, not 3 but Hunt, Maher, Black, Collis, Wilson released. Gower and Flavs turn down new contracts, Chaz and Hoops sold.

Do the released ones count in this format though? Bit harsh on SBH there imo!

The point that SBH is trying to make is that we have signed more players than all the other teams in L1 bar Col Ewe and Tranmere. Hardly sitting around doing nothing.

Do the released ones count in this format though? Bit harsh on SBH there imo!

Actually, not harsh at all as I am being a little mischievous. We've certainly let go more than the 3 Sky Sports would have us believe! These ARE however the facts that they have on their website.

As ACU says above though, still not too many players being signed at this stage!

ps: Don't rely on me for facts. I am still to date the only person on here to do a match report and get the score wrong!

TBH I wouldn't be sad if Tilson, and/or Ron Martin walk out.

Here's an idea, with your business prowess, Tony, you must have millions stashed away. Why not buy the club and install yourself and Wiggy as the management team.

No two people have as much football knowledge. You'll be able to use those master negotiating skills to sign top quality players for low wages.

You could even scrap the stadium and ensure the club's long-term economic viability at Roots Hall where unicorns serve burgers and magic pixies distribute drinks.

Go on, You have my complete support. I believe in you, Tony!

Everyone else is signing players, Tilson out, we're the League's poor relations, we don't have any players, it's two weeks before the season and we're the only club not strengthening, Ron Martin isn't doing it, etc, etc.

Finally, a few facts to counter the myths and ******** we seem to get every single year at around this time.

From Sky Sports Transfer Centre, focusing on all reported transfers this season.

Transfers completed

Brighton
5 Out
3 In on free transfers

Bristol Rovers
1 Out
2 In for £100k

Carlisle United
5 Out
2 In on free transfers

Cheltenham Town
6 Out
1 In on a free transfer

Colchester United
8 Out including Lisbie and Duguid for large but undisclosed fees
5 In for £400k (Gillespie) and a bunch of free transfers

Crewe Alexandria
7 Out
4 In for £530k!! (£400k on Calvin Zola, £130k on Joel Grant) and 2 frees

Hartlepool United
0 Out
2 In on free transfers

Hereford
4 Out
4 In on loans/frees/undisclosed fees

Huddersfield
4 Out
2 In on free transfers

Leeds United
5 Out
3 In on free transfers

Leicester City
2 Out for £1.2m
3 In on loan, undisclosed and free transfers

Leyton Orient
2 Out
2 In on a loan and free transfer

Milwall
2 Out
2 In on free transfers

MK Dons
2 Out
0 In

Northampton Town
1 Out
3 In on free transfers and one undisclosed fee

Oldham Athletic
1 Out
2 In on free transfers

Peterborough United
One in on an undisclosed fee

Scunthorpe United
3 Out for £1m
2 In on free transfers
** Relegated, sack the manager, where's the money gone, etc...

Southend United
3 Out (Macdonald - undisclosed, Collis and Gower)
4 In (Joyce, Furlong, Sankofa, Mildenhall) on free transfers

Stockport United
6 Out for £750k
3 in on undisclosed fees and a free transfer

Swindon Town
2 Out
1 In for an undisclosed amount

Tranmere Rovers
5 Out for £400k
5 In - 4 frees and an undisclosed

Walsall
14 Out!!!
3 In on free transfers

Yeovil Town
8 Out
3 in for a whopping £50k

I dont feel this can be trusted, as it does not have Scunny buying Hooper right

TBH I wouldn't be sad if Tilson, and/or Ron Martin walk out. We have a chairman so reluctant to give money to his manager, i mean if we're not going to pay £150K for Mulgrew then frankly who are we going to sign?
Yes RM is good for subsiding coaches etc, but is that just a sweetner for us fans? So we're not on his back for his broken promise of a war chest?

All the emphasis has gone on this new ground and not the team, not good enough.

And as much as Tilly has done well for SUFC, his transfers or lack of so far hardly speak volumes. Why do we always leave it so late? It's the same come any transfer deadline day.

Yet we spend six figures on the largely inept James Walker, great bit of business NOT!

Martin is reluctant to give Tilly money? Are you being serious, during both of their times here we have paid money for the likes of Walker, Barnard, Bailey, McCormack, Harrold, Paynter, Foran, Campbell-Ryce, Eastwood, Mitchell Cole, Alex Revell, Scannell, Hammell, Peter Clarke to name a few, hardly the sign of a chairman reluctant to give his manager money.

So transfers for Tilly like Eastwood, Goater, Bailey, McCormack, Francis, Hammell, Mark Bentley etc etc how do you explain them if Tilson was so bad at signings.

Tilson doesn't leave it so late, transfers can take months to complete. I think it was Andy_S who said Tommy Black was as good as signed after last season, but it wasn't official until the actual transfer window opened which is almost 2 months and he was on a free.

Also, players know they can leave it late to see what the best deal they can get is. If I'm a player and I know 4/5 clubs are in for me, I can wait until someone else comes in to earn more money etc. Tilson has been chasing players since before the end of the the season.

James Walker is a young lad in footballing terms, and in life. How can he be judged in such a short space of time. On his time with us I think his come on leaps and bounds. He does look to be a very promising player, and with someone like Furlong at the Club, he can hopefully get the best out of him like Goater did for Eastwood.

EH???

I've had good money on us each-way to win the league @ 20/1!

Should have put that on us to go down the way things are going!

id settle for quality over quantity..not sure we're getting the balance right

And Liptak sold

Back