• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

yogi bear up the cagire

Life President⭐
Did mention on the OMT that Sturrock Senior has a bit of a conundrum in that both Corr and Sturrock put in reasonable performances yesterday, both scoring and featuring in a 3-1 victory. Presumably we haven't brought in Nathaniel Jarvis to warm the bench for a month...........so how is he going to be brought into the team?...........who is he going to replace? I suppose that this could be played by ear...........waiting for one of our strikers to have a poor game. Thus, he could be on the bench against Gills and Lincoln and given his first start in the JPT at Barnet............but is this limited use going to be enough to please Cardiff and Jarvis himself?
Seeing that Grant is, I think, suspended for the Gills match, could the team be re-jigged to incorporate him.

think we will see simpson in the centre with hall swapping to the right and zboooooooooooob coming in on the left, resting either blair or corr and jarvis startin on tues, it may be corr as the rumor is he suffers with back probs

Think we'll go with Sturrock and Jarvis on Tuesday, allowing Corr a week to recharge more than likely...

Slight diversion from topic but I see that we have Danny McDermid in the middle on Tuesday.................something tells me that this is not good news.........no doubt Mick will soon brief us.

That's great news, if his available for Tuesday.............................or is it???.......................Will he survive ninety minutes with McDermid, without getting a card?

no chance im afraid, almost two certainties with grant 1. he will get a knock and look like he is about to die then get up and carry on 2. he will get booked.....oh and he seems to score a lot now

I'd like to see Sturrock jnr playing wide in midfield, he's been by far the best crosser of the ball so far this season and that way we can accomoodate both Corr and Jarvis. I'd think about dropping Simpson to be honest.

Yes, I read recently, someone suggesting that Sturrock could play in midfield............perhaps it was you that said it? It's an interesting idea but wouldn't it be hard on Simpson, who, from what I heard, played quite well yesterday? Additionally, if I understand correctly, PS is quite keen on Josh staying next year, so dropping him wouldn't exactly send right signals. It's now the old but nice question of, 'do you change a winning team to accomodate a loan player?'...........which is really the nub of the problem and the reason why I started this thread.

Jarvis said (in his BP interview)that he hadn't even trained with the first team yet.On that basis I'd've thought he be more likely to start on the bench again come Tuesday.

I'd like to see Sturrock jnr playing wide in midfield, he's been by far the best crosser of the ball so far this season and that way we can accomoodate both Corr and Jarvis. I'd think about dropping Simpson to be honest.

PLease no, Im sick of seeing stikers played as wingers, I thought when Tilson went we had seen that last of that, yet Paterson and Spencer have both been played out of position and I really dont want to see Sturrock there.

Theres far more to playing wide than being a good crosser, I dont see him beating too many people to get in positions from midfield to cross it. We have enough midfielders and I would prefer to see them played in their true positions.

As for Jarvis, with Spencer and Paterson out on loan we only have 3 strikers and Jarvis' pace gives us an extra dimension from the bench and Id expect to see plenty of him replacing the other two later in games.

Of that I have no doubt, the thing is, will he be content just to play that role? The question will be even more compounded if we play an unchanged side against the Gills and win.

Surely coming on from the bench is better than barely getting near the first team at Cardiff?

Exactly, just because hes on loan doesnt mean he should walk into the team. He has to earn the right by working hard in training and impressing Luggy. Dont change a winning team, but a much more exciting sub option than Spencer or Pato in my opinion, offers something different.

Or play him in his correct position where he is most effective! You give women spectators a bad name with your dodgy views ;)

Can't agree with that Kay. Simpson is one of the most skillful players we have and one of the few who can keep possession of the ball in the team. Back to the topic, I think Jarvis will be brought into the team more and more. On Saturday he was only on for about 15 minutes but you could see he has pace and will be a handful for defenders. This contrasts with Sturrock who admittedly crossed the ball for Corr's goal but is slower and for that reason almost missed his goal - he delayed the shot until he was challenged and managed to get the loose ball to trickle over the line. I can see Jarvis playing alongside the last defender to use his pace but whether Sturrock senior will put him with Corr or persist with rat tail remains to be seen.

:stunned::omg::omg::omg:

Obviously not Irish/temperamental/inconsistent/melodramatic/argumentative/rubbish enough for some tastes...

Back