• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So Promising

The way we bounce back now after defeats and the confidence in the side is shining through.

We have no fear of anyone in this league and we have kept our heads up since Cardiff.

Tilly, brush, maher and the boys deserve a lot of credit and lets continue to keep our magnificent support going.

We have even found someone that can hit the net from 12 yards and what a talent he is.

I am still looking forward to a good finish this season and i know how we go on about thinking we will do well in the following season but this time i can't go on enough times about how a good start to the season will benefit us with the confidence of the end of this season following over into next.

We could be onto a winner.... fingers crossed....
smile.gif

I've seen some false dawns over the years - mostly caused by mistakes made over the summer (not tying Thommo down to his contract early enough being a prime example, refusing to let Webby negotiate good new contracts for a team that had actually made it to the top of the table being another)

IF we sign up Tilly/Brush on proper contracts that make them feel actually wanted,

IF we can convert these excellent loan signings that T/B have brought in into contracted players,

IF we stay injury free over the summer and through the first few matches of next season,

IF the stadium/financial situation doesn't drag us down or distract things too much,

THEN we stand a chance of impressing next season. Don't forget how upbeat I think we all felt when we beat Cheltenham 2-0 to start this season, looking like a team in form and the Cheltenham manager saying nice things about us? That lasted half a match longer - the first half against Swindon in the league cup, and then came three dark months.

But hey, I feel really good, we won't make those mistakes, and if you thought that this season was interesting, wait until August.

!!!!!!!!!!STEVE TILSON'S BLUE ARMY!!!!!!!!!!

cool.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Shrimp in a Kilt @ April 18 2004,09:38)]IF we sign up Tilly/Brush on proper contracts that make them feel actually wanted,

IF we can convert these excellent loan signings that T/B have brought in into contracted players,

Very true S I K,these two points are the ones we must learn from past mistakes,in order to get us out of this awlful league,Im positive if we can regain Div 2 football,our game will be suited to the passing game and hopefully a surge for Div 1.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ April 18 2004,00:49)]We have even found someone that can hit the net from 12 yards and what a talent he is.
Yes I'm not disputing Connie is a fantastic player to have in your squad and it is absolutely vital we give him an improved contract. However am I the only one slightly concerned about his penalty taking? His Darlo effort wasn't great, he missed at Orient and both Carlisle and yesterday he hit them straight down the middle. He's keeping the job because (at the moment) he's scoring, he will get found out though. Good luck to Connie but I'd still rather see Jimmy as our regular taker.

Eerily, I just said pretty much the same thing in a similar post.

[b said:
Quote[/b] ]NOT criticising Connie because he's done more than the rest of our team put together with penalties this year (which is to actually BEAT the keeper!) BUT, I think the boy's been extremely lucky with the last two which were mediocre at best. Both goalkeepers got a hand to them and Connie could've had no complaints if both had been saved. Despite the number of goals (and penalties) he still doesn't look overly confident taking them?

Corbett"s never fit enough to take a penalty!

Back