• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

It doesn't matter if its 14,000, 22,000, 150,000 or 2000 the simple fact is there is no sign of building work starting on the new stadium and I still remain very doubtful if the stadium will ever get built.

Mark, you want to look at his rep sometime, that makes for interesting reading.

But it's not so much what he says, but more the way he puts it across. We're all entitled to opinions, and I know what you mean about the rep but I don't abuse or criticise someone just because they have the opposite viewpoint to me.

I'm more than happy to have my mind changed if someone can demonstrate to me just how Ron Martin will be better off if we are out of the way. I've been asking this for years but no-one has ever come up with factual information and I really do think that many are just so anti Ron that they are approaching it from the wrong place. As I said before, if you look for a sinister motive, you'll find one.

I ought to mention that I don't recall the Captain actually abusing me for my opinions, but I'm just fed up with reading the same old same old stuff in the same old same old abusive manner.

I think his frustration is exaber ... exsass ... exc ... made more by the scenario of the people purportedly running the club incurring huge debts, regular high court appearances, etc, when 7,000+ supporters were coming through the door yet the ones who do not turn up this season, after all that has happened, are being told it is their fault if the club goes under.

If I wasn't such a jolly nice chap I'd be doing a Captain Birdseye myself. Except making less of a Captain Pigsear of it.

Lets get something straight here.

I love southend united . If she were a women she wouldnt be the prettiest and she certainly wouldnt wear fancy clothes she wouldnt even talk as nicely as her neighbours . She wouldnt show much signs of improving thos stats and characteristics over the coming months or years , but would i turn my back on her?

Not a chance in the world i would stand by her because at the end of the day she may be **** , but she is my **** and no jumped up ex bobsleigh big haired shallow pocketed odius little man would keep me from her.

He may hold the keys and the banks accounts , but its us that really own her and years from now we will still be here and he will not.

We may not like what we are seeing and hearing and it might make us heavy of heart and weary in nature , but no way will i turn my back on one of the loves of my life.

Captain birdseye you make some good points but a lot of what you are saying is just plain ****. Shame on you for turning your back on the club you claim to love when she is at her lowest ebb and needs US more than ever.

Im staying put mate.

I can't rep you but that's a great post.

i don't think theres a boycott at all - just a lot of people who have had their passion squashed by general direction of the club -

the dream is dead for a lot people ...... maybe the playoffs and promotion might re-ignite it but its different club now - the support stuck with Tilson right to the end but theres not the same pride anymore - how can there be ?

If we, as supporters are boycotting our club, then what were the rest of the team's supporters in our division doing on tuesday night?

without so much as a whimper or discord, martins plans have come to frution a ****** 14,000 seater stadium in the middle of knowhere, with no income for southend utd, rather the other way round as clearly he is going to rent it to us(or rather one of his many insolvent companies may) when the next 100 years of southends history is written, i wonder those that are living will look back and think "how did it come to this" 31,000 against liverpool in 1979 to 14,000 seater stadium, thus ending the dreams of the premier league etc etc. jobson started it by getting rid of the south stand, and his best friend and neighbour took it off his hands and finished it off.

no protest marches, no pitch invasions, no threats of violence, just fans rolled over and had their bellies tickled . The council are equally to blame, they should have never allowed this week for the amended plans to be approved, but they were more worried about their 6m in road improvements, than to give a flying f about southend. anna waite who should be sent to an aslyum for how she has ruined southend, was quoted as saying it was great thing for southend and its ppl?? why . fans travelling to the ground are more likely to go straight to the stadium off the 127 and walk from prittlewell than even touch the town centre, and remember any money they spend at fossets wont benefit the club only martin.

it makes me chuckle when i see debates conducted on here, between the martin believers, all about how crucial it is to get on site, and how we can start moving on, do you really think martin and brady give a ff about us!!!!

martin needs to get out of some heavy debt situation from his other companies 22m?? and this is only opportunity left, once he has paid off what he owes, and his money to brady, he may have a little sum left, plus rent accurals
and still some of you ppl buy it. the way he treated tilly was disgusting but ineviatable , tilly acted as his banker for 4 years, and what did martin do as a way of a thank you, why dump on him. sturrock should have had the balls to wait until tlly was sacked, but again he was seduced by promises by the snake oil salesman , and was persuaded to leave his coma to come here to chase the shilling. again disgraceful also bringing halfwit son with him.

the only positive thing to come out of this is the fans boycott, which is working, in fact the best is when you can get it for nothing at roots hall, as that costs me nothing and hopefully hurts the club.,

i pray for the winding up order to go ahead, as that might just bring about the end of martin, but clearly the bank of sainsburys will draw down more money for him.

the only comfort i have is knowing that hopefully someone will do the deed on him, and then he will have a reminder of what he did to our club
Obviously acting like thugs is the answer now? How will this do anything except to get the club fined for not controlling the fans?

Why should the amended plans not be approved? 3 sided stadium sounds a lot better than no stadium to me

What is your problem with Blair Sturrock? Just because he isn't the most skillful player in the world doesn't mean he is a 'halfwit,' whenever Sturrock has a good game he still gets booed just because he is the manager's son, its pathetic, that said things are getting better, I don't hear as many Sturrock haters anymore.

The fan's boycott? Out of the 1000+ people who aren't coming this season I'd say about 20 realise they are part of the boycott, the rest aren't coming because they are fed up of unattractive football, Ron would have to be an idiot to not expect attendances to fall this season, even if this does affect the club, how does this help us? The problem is the debt we owe and our lack of money, how does making this problem worse solve anything? I suppose if we went out of business you wouldn't acknowledge the fact that you were a small part of the club's destruction either.

Do the deed? Maybe I've taken it wrong, but it sounds a lot like your suggesting someone should assassinate Ron, which is the stupidest suggestion I've ever heard, I don't care how slippery Ron is, noone deserves to get seriously injured or killed, based on the fact some people don't like him, he's hardly an evil dictator knowingly killing thousands of people every day, he's just made a mess of the club's finances, he does want the club to succeed, because he wants to get profit, but in the situation we are in it would take a miracle for anyone to give a quick fix solution to our problems

without so much as a whimper or discord, martins plans have come to frution a ****** 14,000 seater stadium in the middle of knowhere, with no income for southend utd, rather the other way round as clearly he is going to rent it to us(or rather one of his many insolvent companies may) when the next 100 years of southends history is written, i wonder those that are living will look back and think "how did it come to this" 31,000 against liverpool in 1979 to 14,000 seater stadium, thus ending the dreams of the premier league etc etc. jobson started it by getting rid of the south stand, and his best friend and neighbour took it off his hands and finished it off.

no protest marches, no pitch invasions, no threats of violence, just fans rolled over and had their bellies tickled . The council are equally to blame, they should have never allowed this week for the amended plans to be approved, but they were more worried about their 6m in road improvements, than to give a flying f about southend. anna waite who should be sent to an aslyum for how she has ruined southend, was quoted as saying it was great thing for southend and its ppl?? why . fans travelling to the ground are more likely to go straight to the stadium off the 127 and walk from prittlewell than even touch the town centre, and remember any money they spend at fossets wont benefit the club only martin.

it makes me chuckle when i see debates conducted on here, between the martin believers, all about how crucial it is to get on site, and how we can start moving on, do you really think martin and brady give a ff about us!!!!

martin needs to get out of some heavy debt situation from his other companies 22m?? and this is only opportunity left, once he has paid off what he owes, and his money to brady, he may have a little sum left, plus rent accurals
and still some of you ppl buy it. the way he treated tilly was disgusting but ineviatable , tilly acted as his banker for 4 years, and what did martin do as a way of a thank you, why dump on him. sturrock should have had the balls to wait until tlly was sacked, but again he was seduced by promises by the snake oil salesman , and was persuaded to leave his coma to come here to chase the shilling. again disgraceful also bringing halfwit son with him.

the only positive thing to come out of this is the fans boycott, which is working, in fact the best is when you can get it for nothing at roots hall, as that costs me nothing and hopefully hurts the club.,

i pray for the winding up order to go ahead, as that might just bring about the end of martin, but clearly the bank of sainsburys will draw down more money for him.

the only comfort i have is knowing that hopefully someone will do the deed on him, and then he will have a reminder of what he did to our club

I personally think you've made some good points

If frozen pea whoops sorry meant Cap Birdseye is boycotting games how the hell does he know what Blair Sturrock is or isnt like.

personally I do find amazing that there are still people defending martin out there. Makes you wonder if he walked into your house ate your dinner and shagged your wife you'd still support him. spineless IMO. others opinions may differ.

personally I do find amazing that there are still people defending martin out there. Makes you wonder if he walked into your house ate your dinner and shagged your wife you'd still support him. spineless IMO. others opinions may differ.

I find it amazing that people think people are defending Ron Martin. Offering a different analysis of events than the conspiracy theories spouted by the brown-tinted brigade isn't "defending martin".

Last edited:

It's probably a question of whether or not you think this is a situation that Ron engineered or that he has found himself trying to resolve through forces and occurences that were beyond his control.

CAPTAIN BIRDSEYE Out!! :raspberry: By the way, I am pleased with a draw at Torquay, 4 points behind the play off, the feel good factor of 2005 is slowly coming back - I want the new ground to be built soon as possible and If we start with 14'000 that be it!

It's probably a question of whether or not you think this is a situation that Ron engineered or that he has found himself trying to resolve through forces and occurences that were beyond his control.

That's what baffles me though, he did have control, but his ego got the better of him and he did what he said he wouldn't and paid over the odds for players and for wages. If he had managed the finances better wouldn't our credit worthiness be better to secure the finances needed for the stadium? Instead he is trying to convince institutions that a debt ridden club who doesn't pay it's tax bills, players, managers or suppliers and spends more time in the High Court than most judges is a good investment

The thing is, I don't think anyone will deny Ron has made mistakes, it just seems that the anti Ron brigade are convinced that Ron has made it his dream and desire to bring Southend down and that he is the anti-christ and the only reason he bought into Southend was to take the club out of business which clearly isn't true.
Basically he made mistakes, got out of his depth and is now hanging on just to try and salvage something.

And I've recently discovered a nice way of making the zone a happier place, for me, anyway. There's this not often used facility called the IGNORE button and as our fishy friend clearly has nothing to say that i want to read, I'm now adding him to my ever increasing ignore list. That way I can just read and debate with people who know how to behave online, regardless of whether they share my views or not, and then this board becomes the sort of place that most of us would like it to be. It took a long time for me to use it as I held the view that even the most abusive, bigoted, stupid, idiotic moron on here would have SOMETHING that was worth reading and discussing. But sadly, there are just some who just cannot conduct themselves properly on a forum and take the "it's my opinion and I'm entitled to it" point to abusive and unreasonable extremes. It's amazing how much happier you feel and for those like me who feel exasperated I suggest you try it.
What a pity that you seem to have decided that because my opinion differs from yours (and most others it has to be said) I am worthy of being ignored.

And why would you want to ignore anyone? That indicates that you think they haven't got anything worthwhile to say. Even the most controversial and ill-informed poster on here will chip in with a good point or two occasionally.

And you say I have delusions of grandeur...
So you now admit to having delusions of granduer after all. About time. :raspberry:

The thing is, I don't think anyone will deny Ron has made mistakes, it just seems that the anti Ron brigade are convinced that Ron has made it his dream and desire to bring Southend down and that he is the anti-christ and the only reason he bought into Southend was to take the club out of business which clearly isn't true.
Basically he made mistakes, got out of his depth and is now hanging on just to try and salvage something.

I'm anti Ron but mainly because I think he just wants his money now and to hell with the long term future of our club, we are all still in the dark as to exactly how we become self sufficient from FF. I don't begrudge his profit but I do if it doesn't give the thing he promised which is a long term financial security.

That's what baffles me though, he did have control, but his ego got the better of him and he did what he said he wouldn't and paid over the odds for players and for wages. If he had managed the finances better wouldn't our credit worthiness be better to secure the finances needed for the stadium? Instead he is trying to convince institutions that a debt ridden club who doesn't pay it's tax bills, players, managers or suppliers and spends more time in the High Court than most judges is a good investment

The problem with the promotion to the CCC can in a way be attributed to supporters as well as the chairman. Fans will normally demand the chairman gets his cheque book out and spend, spend, spend. Which Martin did in the CCC to the ultimate detriment of the club, many players were signed on CCC wages but seemingly without a relegation clause. This is of course done with the benefit of hindsight. However he ought to have heeded the many clubs that in previous years had gone into administration. Which is why I've never bought into Martin wanting to fold the club, if he'd wanted that he could quite easily kept us in Division 4, without taking the financial gamble he did.

Having said that his subsequent dealings, defaulting on payments to not only players & staff but to the clubs suppliers, having the club dragged through the High Courts for non payment of debts has been at best appalling. He said on the pitch after the Bristol City game that he'd never let us down which he quite obviously has.

So you now admit to having delusions of granduer after all. About time. :raspberry:

Well... not really Hooly. I would never and have never ignored anyone just for their opinion... and to be fair I did say CB occasionally made some useful points. That's what the forum is for and that's why I continue to sponsor it; so that we can all have our say.

However, as I've said before, some people don't know how to behave online. It's the manner of delivery of the opinion with CB that I want to ignore, not so much what he says. If I thought there would be any change or adjustment to the opinion then fair enough, but it's the same record over and over and over. If I was to un-ignore him next month or even next year it would be the same stuff. I just feel better for not continually reading it.

Back