• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I'm as delighted as anyone at signing Neil Harris but my feeling is based on reputation alone as I've either not seen him play or, if I have, I've got no recollection of it.

For those that have, what's his game about? Is it just an eye for goal or will he give us something else in our attacking play like the Goat (and Dougie Freedman in those rare games when he was fit)?

Some nice tasters from his Millwall days:

[video=youtube;9zJU9PJnbNg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zJU9PJnbNg[/video]

[video=youtube;NdDJbjJ5Fcc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdDJbjJ5Fcc&NR=1[/video]

[video=youtube;q4MPWgI3LtY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4MPWgI3LtY[/video]

[video=youtube;Zodr-kViTdM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zodr-kViTdM[/video]

Looks alright to me anyway...

Looks an intelligent player, knows where to be at the right time. Can finish with both feet and good in the air. Also saw it mentioned somewhere that he is a canny player too, good at winning free kicks like Grant, can also take one as evidenced on the video above. Most of all is his epxerience though and his professionalism, a great character to have around. You only have to look on the millwall forums to see what the fans thought of him. Obviously he was a legend there, hopefully he can have the sort of effect that the Goat had here.

seen him quite a few times in the pst as well as playing against him, for a average size centre forward he holds the ball up very well and brings others into play as well, also has that know how of where the goal is and does not just get goals from 6 yards, will be at least a 15 goal striker this coming season.

He has quick feet and the knack of finding a bit of space. With his back to goal he'll find teammates with clever passes and has the intelligence to see the 2nd or 3rd run. However he'll also know where the defender is and can twist and turn to get a shot away. Strong in the air and can score all types of goals.

He has quick feet and the knack of finding a bit of space. With his back to goal he'll find teammates with clever passes and has the intelligence to see the 2nd or 3rd run. However he'll also know where the defender is and can twist and turn to get a shot away. Strong in the air and can score all types of goals.

I was going to start a similar thread to this as other than knowing he's always been a decent player I know very little. In my mind, I'd worry that a partnership of Corr and Harris would lack pace and we wouldn't be able to get behind teams. There's no doubt they'd both still get goals but does anyone else think either Harris or Corr would be better suited with a nippy strike partner?

I think Corr is reasonably quick, and Harris isn't a complete slouch. I do agree though that I'd like to see a quick striker in the squad because sometimes we need a direct striker to run at players.

I think Corr is reasonably quick, and Harris isn't a complete slouch. I do agree though that I'd like to see a quick striker in the squad because sometimes we need a direct striker to run at players.

Really? Not knocking him as he was terrfific for us last season but I wouldn't put pace as an attribute.

I'm not too concerned about a lack of pace with Corr and Harris as we have Hally either down the flank in a 4-4-2 or either side as part of a 3 and he has more than enough pace to run defenders ragged. Also Harris is still a bit quicker than Blair and he and Corr were paired in a 4-4-2 at certain times last season. There were very few games we failed to score at least 1 in last season (one of the best records in L2 I believe on that front) so a lack of pace up top can't have hampered us too much.

agree with most of what has been said above, but a massive point for me is his genuine love/support of sufc, he is playing for 'his team' i would give up an arm to play for southend

agree with most of what has been said above, but a massive point for me is his genuine love/support of sufc, he is playing for 'his team' i would give up an arm to play for southend

So who would take the throw-ins if you were playing, especially now that Herd has gone?

Harris thinks quick which gives him a yard start plus first touch and turn are quality so as long as Hall and Sawyer see him early he should be able to explode into
and around area and get shots off and Corr picking up the pieces to tuck e few away ...............It really is about his awareness and speed of thought so dont be to bothered about his pace although he is no slouch either ......a fit Harris an Corr could prove to be very exciting and scare the **** out of most defences in L2 so fingers crossed they get off to flyers

It probably wouldn't hurt for our midfield to get in some shooting practice. I can see a lot of layoffs in and around the 18 yard box coming their way next season.

It probably wouldn't hurt for our midfield to get in some shooting practice. I can see a lot of layoffs in and around the 18 yard box coming their way next season.

good shout as well not enough of that last season spose its all about confidence tho an not getting crowd on yer back if you aint on target and other options looked better than the one you chose ...............lots of practice needed i reckon tho

Yeah we got a lot of goals from Nicky Bailey and Macca in those areas a few years ago. I think both Easton (if he stays) and Granty have that ability in their lockers as we saw at times last season.

True but I think as Hall often plays as one of a front 3 he shouldn't be mentioned when talking of improving the number of goals from midfield. I believe Hall could get between 10-15 goals if he continues the form from last season. He got 9 last season and didn't hit form until halfway through the year.

Sawyer really needs to perform this year and force his way into the side. We all know what he's capable of from his first loan spell at the club so I'm hoping with a full pre-season under his belt and a more intelligent striker in Harris up front we could get more consistent performances from Lee that will make him one of the first players on the teamsheet each week.

And unless I missed something Timlin isn't our player yet?

Back