• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So What Will The Response Be?

Since you asked.http://gu.com/p/3xbnk
It would appear that Israel doesn't have too much respect for Egypt's borders.

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to a bunch of Gazan terrorists attacking a tourist bus, and killing 8 people. Israel has already said it regrets the Egyptian loss of life and has launched an investigation that the Egyptians have been invited to hold jointly.

Interesting that you take that stance given that the original attrocity took place in Israel. It therefore seems that the Arab terrorists don't respect borders either. If I were going after someone who broke into my country to commit murder, I doub't I would care two hoots if I broke back to get hold of them...I'm not even sure that I would know where the border is whilst I was in the middle of a firefight. Morever, there's a great quote in that article:

In a statement, the Egyptian cabinet said: "The Egyptian ambassador to Israel will be withdrawn until we are notified about the results of an investigation by the Israeli authorities."

It added that Egypt would send reinforcements to protect its borders and "to respond to any Israeli military activity at the Egyptian borders".

Maybe they should have done that in the first place. Then the terrorists wouldn't have got into Israel...which is what I said in my original post.

BTW: I still haven't heard you say that the delibertate attack on innocent victims was wrong, and frankly until I do I can't really give you any credibility on this subject.

I'm not really sure how that is relevant to a bunch of Gazan terrorists attacking a tourist bus, and killing 8 people. Israel has already said it regrets the Egyptian loss of life and has launched an investigation that the Egyptians have been invited to hold jointly.

Interesting that you take that stance given that the original attrocity took place in Israel. It therefore seems that the Arab terrorists don't respect borders either. If I were going after someone who broke into my country to commit murder, I doub't I would care two hoots if I broke back to get hold of them...I'm not even sure that I would know where the border is whilst I was in the middle of a firefight. Morever, there's a great quote in that article:

Maybe they should have done that in the first place. Then the terrorists wouldn't have got into Israel...which is what I said in my original post.

BTW: I still haven't heard you say that the delibertate attack on innocent victims was wrong, and frankly until I do I can't really give you any credibility on this subject

How about, "More senseless killing. That's deplorable."

I'm not fully up to speed yet with what happened but I agree with your sentiments and regret the inevitable response.

My comments were written BEFORE Israel apologised.
I don't actually expect terrorists to respect borders-I know from my own experience at Kibbutz Baram that Lebanese terrorists(or rather terrorists based in Lebanon) regularly crossed the border with Israel back in the early/mid 70's.I DO however expect nation states to respect other countries borders.
You'll notice from my comments above(which I've highlighted)that I've already agreed with you that "more senseless killing is deplorable".Do try and keep up.

You'll notice from my comments above(which I've highlighted)that I've already agreed with you that "more senseless killing is deplorable".

Apologies. I missed that bit.

Do try and keep up.

I assume that was meant tongue in cheek?

Back