• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

daveydiamond

Still digesting my first game for almost 4 years at RH. My only diet of the mighty blues has been my lunchtime read of SZ (and a surreal trip to Wembley). First things first - heart-warming to see that nothing at RH has changed - the car park (bigger pot holes), the bar, the toilets, and even the Blue Belles. Actually tell a lie, was surprised to see a new scoreboard but if ever anything needed to be replaced........ What had changed however was the style of football. How many seasons did I go without us having a single player who could beat someone from the opposition. Friday night felt like everyone was confident that they could beat a man. And how many first time passes did we complete? Coker looked pure class, Bentley had the arrogance of all good keepers, and Leonard has bags of potential. Can see why Straker must be frustrating, but surely not deserving of the furore that I regularly read. And as for PB - stood proud on the touchline - inspiring and clearly a character. Admittedly the opposition were poor, but yet were above us in the league. Feeding off SZ for so long has certainly managed my expectations, but to experience Friday evening was way way above what I have been reading. A really fabulous night followed by a beer and a curry - perfect start to the weekend. See you soon - and certainly in less than 4 years!!!

Why so long? You definitely picked a good game to come to!
Partly after 20 yrs as a seaso, felt like I'd served my time :-) / partly Ron and not paying the players / and partly moving away. All excuses really - just needed a bit more effort!!

Partly after 20 yrs as a seaso, felt like I'd served my time :-) / partly Ron and not paying the players / and partly moving away. All excuses really - just needed a bit more effort!!

So, in short, because you moved away then...?

:smile:

Cracking game to make the pilgrimage for though!

Whatever the reason , i hope you be back on a regular babis ,SUFC need all the support it can get, just wish i had the opportunity to be there, but its on my bucket list to do before my innings closes.

Back