• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So what's the best song from Les Misérables?

What's your favourite song from Les Misérables?

• Look Down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • At the end of the day

• Who am I?

• The confrontation

• Castle on a cloud

• Stars

• Red and Black

• Stars

• In my life

• A heart full of love

• On my own

• Little people

• Drink with me

• Javier's suicide

• Turning

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RHB

I'm a Mod too⭐⭐
Staff member
Third in the series and another musical that has been on stage, film and screen concerts with various stars playing the various roles of Britain's longest running musical. A lot of well known songs in the Les Mis list and it will be interesting to see whether Zoners have seen any of the versions that have been shown, and actually do have a favourite.

My choice is Master of the House sung by Allun Armstrong (he of New Tricks fame) and Jenny Galloway who we saw the first time we saw the show.

I enjoyed an unforgettable 30th wedding anniversary treat in 2009, front row at the Queen's watching the fantastic and atmospheric Le Mis. I cannot imagine anyone seeing it not remembering at least a few of the songs!!

Reactions: RHB
First saw the musical about two years ago when my godson had a lead role in it at Felsted school. Much to my surprise I really enjoyed so much so so that I managed to get tickets to the West End production and have also seen the movie as well.

A few more weeks at home and I might even be tempted with the book !.

First saw the musical about two years ago when my godson had a lead role in it at Felsted school. Much to my surprise I really enjoyed so much so so that I managed to get tickets to the West End production and have also seen the movie as well.

A few more weeks at home and I might even be tempted with the book !.

Be warned, there's no singing in the book. I was quite disapointed I can tell you.

If it were down to my kids it would be Master of the House or Little People. The shame with Little People is that most of the song has been cut from the West End show so Gavroche (unsurprisingly their favourite character) doesn't get his spot in the limelight.

However, I've gone for Do You Hear the People Sing.

Bloody hell thats an old video. Sacha baron Cohen in the film was a notch above,
and Matt Lucas was different gear when I last saw it on stage

I'm getting more into them as I get older. I used to say "People singing and dancing in the middle of a film! That's not believable" before putting on a film about a time travelling killer robot or spaceships flying about to some mysterious cod-religion. :Whistling:

Nor am I in general. I'm much more at home with a proper play, but Les Mis (and now Come From Away) are the exceptions.

I can't understand why anyone would want to watch a play when even low budget films have impressive CGI these days.

Bloody hell thats an old video. Sacha baron Cohen in the film was a notch above,
and Matt Lucas was different gear when I last saw it on stage
Sacha baron Cohen was a notch above what? Les Mis has been running for over 30 years now so there have been so many that have played Thenardier, all great in their own right. I've seen the stage production twice and also the film and truthfully Cohen was the one that least impressed me, but, as with all things, it's all about opinions.

Back