• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SO when will the takeover go through?

When will the sale complete?

• Mid/End May

Votes: 85 28.1%
  • June

Votes: 56 18.5%
  • July

Votes: 22 7.3%
  • August

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • September

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • October - December

Votes: 12 4.0%
  • Early 2025

Votes: 6 2.0%
  • March - May 2025

Votes: 11 3.6%
  • Never

Votes: 101 33.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That's the main issue - time and who we're dealing with.

Resources which SBC say they are not paying for, but Ron is.

Again as Tribal Chief says, he worked all night to get it done. Can you see Ron doing the same?

I didn't say it wasn't right to have a due date, just that whatever date they put is unrealistic to be achieved.
He can't meet a bill in a winding up court order, absolute no hope for him to achieve this

But
1. they should know any major isssues from the DD as they arise. To be in the dark until receiving the report would be idiocy on a truly biblical scale.
2. They should at least know when the report on DD will be delivered. If they are not extracting that commitment from highly paid contractors then its simply not good enough.

Yes of course based on that report there may be further actions that then have a timeline. But points 1 and 2 are Janet and John territory.

The DD report presumably can’t be finished until they’ve seen the documentation. They don’t know when they’ll receive the documentation. That seems to be the unknown right now.

This can’t be good . Just been on bbc Essex . Why would you need to release a statement unless it’s big news . My opinion it will be couple members dropping out. If so . Bye bye Southend United

Don’t worry tho people it ain’t like last season get outside and enjoy in the sun 👍🏻 and don’t worry we’re not under embargo 😂😂

I do not find the situation funny. I find you only ever say one thing over and over funny.
The statement today Is most concerning and confirms to me what I said all along and that is that Ron has all the power and will do what he wants. It does not matter to him if you protest because if he wants the club to fold, which looks likely, then it is going to happen.
If he genuinely does want to sell then by hook or by crook it will sell eventually.
We are in limbo with Ron needing to give information to the council then the coucil doing what they need. No matter what we do as fans, we don't have and never did have the power to change what Ron wants.
Okay so I appreciate you don't like the protests... But is your solution to sit back and just watch the club did?

THE consortium trying to take control of Southend United are becoming "increasingly concerned" about the time it is taking for the council to complete their due diligence.

The consortium have already pumped £3.5 million into the Shrimpers despite not officially owning the club.

And a statement issued to the Echo has now confirmed their concerns at how slowly things are moving.

The statement said: "The consortium are getting increasingly concerned that the council's due diligence processes will not finish prior to the 26th of June winding up hearing in the high court.

"While acknowledging the importance of the council’s processes, the consortium was initially told that due diligence would start in January and complete within six to eight weeks and has been funding the club on that basis."

The DD report presumably can’t be finished until they’ve seen the documentation. They don’t know when they’ll receive the documentation. That seems to be the unknown right now.
Well someone needs to find their gonads and make sure they find out. Because sitting there waiting for something to be delivered as if we have all the time in the world doesn't work.

If I was paying someone significant sums to complete DD and they were saying oh we can't tell you when because I'm still waiting for this bit of paper I would 1. ask what they are doing about it, what commitment have they got on delivery? and if no satisfactory answer I would 2. be all over the delinquent party (i.e. Ron) like an old suit - I sense its all rather more relaxed than that regrettably...it will happen when it will happen and so forth...

Well that statement sends shivers down my spine I'm afraid. Especially the final para.
And they are right. The thing here is Justin is a professional senior project manager so he know a festival of complete and utterly incompetence when he sees one. I doub't he has ever been in charge of a project with no apparent effective deadline, or understanding of when it will be delivered.

For what it's worth, I've just received this from one of the Councillors I emailed:

Hi Geoff,

Thanks so much for that its really useful.

We had our first cabinet meeting this week with officers and SUFC isssues occupied a good amount of time on the agenda. We made it clear to officers that we felt the due dilligence was taking far too long and that supporters were losing patience. I'm told that it should come back imminently and assuming all is well we are looking to progress the deal as quick as possible.

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Best Wishes,

Laurie

Cllr Laurie Burton
Blenheim Park Ward
Labour Party

Worrying they are blaming the council for DD since January, when they didn’t get details needed from Rat until 21st March. The lack of accuracy or poise in that statement is the most concerning part.

Well that statement sends shivers down my spine I'm afraid. Especially the final para.
It might send shivers down your spine, but someone needs to make the council aware that this DD is a matter of upmost urgency to the town and many thousands of supporters in particular. They can get back to sticking their heads up their backsides after they complete this work.

For what it's worth, I've just received this from one of the Councillors I emailed:

Hi Geoff,

Thanks so much for that its really useful.

We had our first cabinet meeting this week with officers and SUFC isssues occupied a good amount of time on the agenda. We made it clear to officers that we felt the due dilligence was taking far too long and that supporters were losing patience. I'm told that it should come back imminently and assuming all is well we are looking to progress the deal as quick as possible.

I'll keep you posted with any updates.

Best Wishes,

Laurie

Cllr Laurie Burton
Blenheim Park Ward
Labour Party
lets hope they are right

THE consortium trying to take control of Southend United are becoming "increasingly concerned" about the time it is taking for the council to complete their due diligence.

The consortium have already pumped £3.5 million into the Shrimpers despite not officially owning the club.

And a statement issued to the Echo has now confirmed their concerns at how slowly things are moving.

The statement said: "The consortium are getting increasingly concerned that the council's due diligence processes will not finish prior to the 26th of June winding up hearing in the high court.

"While acknowledging the importance of the council’s processes, the consortium was initially told that due diligence would start in January and complete within six to eight weeks and has been funding the club on that basis."
Consortium to sue the Council?

Back