• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So... Where are we going to end up this season

Where are we going to finish

• Champions

Votes: 8 3.1%

Votes: 6 2.3%

Votes: 14 5.4%

Votes: 12 4.6%

Votes: 28 10.8%

Votes: 35 13.5%

Votes: 45 17.3%

Votes: 36 13.8%

Votes: 36 13.8%

Votes: 22 8.5%

Votes: 9 3.5%

Votes: 2 0.8%

Votes: 1 0.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Bottom 5

Votes: 4 1.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Saw some comments on the threads. If it's hasn't been done already... Where are we going to end up ?

I don't think the way we play or the strength in depth is top 3 but might squeeze a play off place.

Happy voting

Ultimately I think we miss out on the play offs....I think we lack up top...lack genuine pace in attacking areas and we are a Dominant CB short.
I've gone for 10th as I think we will win games but not amass the points necessary for greatness.

Team spirit and a settled eleven go a long way, as we found out back in 2005/2006, and avoiding our usual spate of injuries would be very helpful if we want to achieve anything this year. This is now Kev's team, and by the sounds of it we've got a large number of his first (or at least second) choice signings. I think aside from the striking targets we've missed out on, this has been a successful summer in terms of building a squad that can play the way our management team want. We have a very capable football department, and I don't think we'd be silly to expect some success this season. I'd like to believe that we're capable of reaching the play offs, and from there who knows.

With the current team, lower playoff spots. I think we need a commanding CB and a pacey striker to be able to challenge for the higher playoff spots.

I can't see any of our current CBs being the leader type and with Cardwell, Murphy and Hyde as our main striker options then I think we might be missing that pace that Dennis offered last season at times. Powell could arguably be that player, but I think he is seen as a wide option in the front three similar to Mooney. Could Wreh be that option? I've not seen enough of him to judge.

As things stand I think we’ll finish a good few places higher than last season but play offs .. hmm not sure our defence is quite solid enough and it depends on Hyde staying fit & firing .. a good start and who knows. My gut feeling is 9th, just missing out. I’d love for us to finish higher.

If we start well I think playoffs are achievable as Grimsby showed. I think if we start doing well we’ll also add to the team during the season to boost the push, so all comes down to a good first ten and with some tough fixtures upfront we’ll have a good inkling early doors.

win all our early games ... get some swagger back ... at this level we are a BIG club and should be dominating games and our opponents should be happy to lose only 1-0 in front of the BIG support that SUFC has ...

Wrexham with Dalby on board might be a handful - so we could slip into second BUT promotion should be a certainty .

Grimsby went straight back up - the Os did not hang around down here ...

About time we WON something ...

(realistically - who knows)

Play offs. The team at the end of last season was there or there abouts. On paper we look improved, but a couple of late quality loan signings wouldn’t go amiss

I’ve gone for 5th. Based on last season after all the changes we could have ended 8th or 9th had KM taken over from the start. Obviously more quality in the team this season and more strength in depth so I would think play offs.
Lots of other of the stronger opponents have also made some quality additions and it will be really interesting to see how we fair against the top guns in the division. Really looking forward to watching it all pan out.

We took the first 15 games off, last season. Was an extremely fragile, unhappy incomplete squad which had a terrible pre season. No first team coach, no football department, no direction, an embargo, players coming and going, didn't think we could stoop lower, a change of management team....and we still finished 5 wins away from play offs.

I would consider it a failure if we finished outside top 7. We literally have to win 5 more times than last season and we make play offs, and you would like to think this squad is a whole lot better than last years.

Our defence concerns me, especially the back 3! We have Hobson who give a 100% but is very clumsy defender who is prone to errors. Ralth who spends majority of his time in the treatment room and isn't a centre back. Kensdale who could end up becoming decent centre half in the lower leagues but still learning on the job. None of those 3 defenders are leaders which is vital interms of organisation and keeping the back door shut. Lomas could be that leader we require but I think we need another centre half who is upgrade on our 3 centre half's who will start in the season opening games. Currently I have us 10th due to my concerns of sufc defence.

Back