• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So... who’s still attending?

Will you continue to attend?

• Total voters
I hark back to that 84-85 period with Johnson et al, and think that was a lot worse.
We've suffered a crap set of results; we have the wrong manager, but compared with the shenanigans at Bury, Ron is chair of the IMF!
That said, would like to see the likes of Sol Campbell given a go, if he fancies it.

Saturday was my first game of the season, and I’m a season ticket holder. With my shifts, I sometimes miss home games through work so haven’t been able to attend as much the last two seasons, which includes this one.

I really wish I hadn’t bothered renewing to be honest, not because of Bond, but I genuinely do not care anywhere near as much about the Club as I used to. Apathy has really set in with me. The club is rotten to the core.

I only went on Saturday because I was working the night shift after the game, so was going to Southend anyways. I wouldn’t have gone otherwise to be honest.

I have a son due in January, and with my shifts to, I will miss a lot of home games this season which is looking like a blessing in disguise.

I hope having my son, and being able to take him to games in the future will bring my passion for the Club, and football itself back, as I’m just sick of it all.

This group of players is most unlikeable set of characters we’ve had for a good number of years, they are spineless, gutless, have no fight, continually throw in the towel, weak both physically and mentally, and couldn’t care less for the Club, so I couldn’t care less for them.

An appointment of a new manager will be a start, but there is so much more wrong with our club than just the manager. I hope a Barrett type appointment galvanises the whole Club and the fanbase, but it is just papering over the cracks.
I'll give you £50 for your season ticket

I'll still go, always will but how things are currently if someone suggests a Saturday afternoon round of golf I will drop going to football simply because it's more enjoyable shooting 30 over par.

I will continue to go, despite it being hard work. I completely understand views about how this set of management and players are creating a big disconnect with the fanbase, but we are a core few of 5,000 people who keep this club going. The club needs us and will not improve without us. Those of us who continue to go, support and put our money in are going to be keeping it alive for when the stay-away fans want to return - but that's a burden being placed on everyone else. At minimum, if you stay away for now, please join Blues Lottery and keep financing the one bit of the club that works - the Academy.

Stick with it, Bond will hopefully be gone soon and things will get better. We hope.

I'm a seaso so will still go to the home games although if I wasn't I think I would be seriously thinking about whether I would be going to the Fleetwood game if Bonds still in charge.

I would of gone last night simply because it was against Orient but I didn't even consider it because with two young daughter and Mrs to look after I can't justify spending my time/money on going only to watch a manager and a few players not giving a sh*t and see yet another loss.

I’m a season ticket holder and I will continue to go. However a lot of last season and so far all of this it has felt like a chore and I’m doing it out of habit rather than because I’m enjoying it. I can’t remember the time before the Sunderland game that enjoyed my day at Roots Hall and I certainly haven’t since. Can’t blame anyone for choosing to stay away to do better things like see the family, get out in garden or maybe gauging our eyeballs with a rusty old spoon.
I’m in the same situation ( as are I suspect are a lot more)
But I also go in the hope that maybe, just maybe I will see something magnificent.
I think of Kerman’s goal from our half, and even people walking out of Wembley. The guy me I miss will be the one where the team finally turns up.
I also think that we the supporters when we make some noise can inject life into the team.
For 20 mins last half me match the West was rocking and for 20 mins i had some belief for the first time at home this season.

Ron doesn’t need falling attendances to realise that we are not happy. He will be at the next match and will see/hear/feel it for himself

I will always be a season ticket holder and therefore have paid my dues to the club for the season. I am not going to any more home games under this current regime however and if Bond is still in charge by the Fleetwood game I will be taking my son to a local non league game.

That wasn't my club on saturday....

I will continue to go, despite it being hard work. I completely understand views about how this set of management and players are creating a big disconnect with the fanbase, but we are a core few of 5,000 people who keep this club going. The club needs us and will not improve without us. Those of us who continue to go, support and put our money in are going to be keeping it alive for when the stay-away fans want to return - but that's a burden being placed on everyone else. At minimum, if you stay away for now, please join Blues Lottery and keep financing the one bit of the club that works - the Academy.

Stick with it, Bond will hopefully be gone soon and things will get better. We hope.

I think it’s unfair to lump the economical future & general running of the club, upon the fan base. That is essentially the job of the owner.

Sadly, football is an enigma, one of the only businesses on the planet where it’s customer base can be treated like garbage*, without any real fear of reprisal for the owners.

*I’m not suggesting Southend fans are necessarily treated like garbage by the way, merely using that term generally.

Of course, i understand that at our level, if fans stop going, then the club can suffer. But why should it have to come to that? There needs to be a balance - ie, we as fans, do our part & in return, all we expect is a product that we enjoy, look forward to and are relatively proud of.

Currently the product being served up to us, IMHO, is simply not value for money.

That’s where the owner has to intervene and bring that balance back.

How can he do this? Well, I’d suggest the bare minimum would be to give us humane facilities. You risk Trench Foot everytime you step into the bogs, and as for the food, I wouldn’t give it to stray dogs. Alas, I think that ship has sailed. So for now, the very least I expect from this club is show some bollocks, both in the dugout & on the pitch - cue the BlueBelle jokes.

I am still going. Went last night and will be at Fleetwood.

The way I see it is this, the joy of the first game post bond is worth it.

I'm hoping I'll get the same buzz I got for Lee Sawers return.

I've already stated my view and position but what I would say is this, go, don't go, it's personal choice. If folk don't go then fine by me, that's their choice and they do it for genuine reasons, which are theirs, and I wouldn't attempt to influence any one who follows that path. Thus it follows that the converse is just as valid.

I've been a season ticket holder for more years than I can genuinely remember. I will go every game this year and renew next year. End of.

Been supporting the Blues since I was 10 years old and now retired supported this club through think and thin and that's not likely to change.Yes I am a season ticket holder and shareholder and have seen some dark times but believe me there are some good times on the horizon it's hard to believe that's football as far as Southend is concerned. We have to stick with it if of course you are a true supporter.

Of course i'll still go ! Its never ever dull supporting Southend, there is always a suprise in most seasons. Imagine being a Spurs fan, same old every season, knowing within two league places of where you'll finish every year for decades. When Chris Powell came in and we beat Scunthorpe i'm sure it was, i have a video of the winner from the West stand and its a good reminder of the brilliant nights under the lights. When we get it right, its fantastic, little old Southend travel in numbers too when our tails are up.
But having to pay nearly 80quid on the gate when my mate and i took our 15yr old sons, to watch half hour of encouraging football before going two down and knowing then, it was a waste of time. That hurts. This squad has an awful attitude and the manager even more so.

It's tricky to get enthusiastic. At the moment it's a chore, a habit. £22 is a lot to spend on being bored silly, frustrated, angry. We wouldn't spend £22 on seeing a best mate's band if they were bad week in week out, would we?

I'm a season ticket holder and I do most away games.

I don't want to go to RH whilst Bond is there. I can get a footy fix anywhere in Europe if I have to. I really want my empty seat to mean something.

"look, he's paid and stayed away"

But Bury.

And there may come a time when the decision to go or not won't be mine

So ill begrudgingly be there vs Fleetwood, but if he is still here I know it's a waste of two hours

I've already stated my view and position but what I would say is this, go, don't go, it's personal choice. If folk don't go then fine by me, that's their choice and they do it for genuine reasons, which are theirs, and I wouldn't attempt to influence any one who follows that path. Thus it follows that the converse is just as valid.

Absolutely, and as I said, this wasn’t intended to draw any kind of battle lines between fans.

Although, I do have to admit, having watched those highlights from last night - along with what we’ve already seen so far this season - I’m a little concerned for your collective welfares. How you can put yourself through that rage-inducing pantomime anymore is beyond me :Winking2:

Back