• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So... who’s still attending?

Will you continue to attend?

• Total voters
So ill begrudgingly be there vs Fleetwood, but if he is still here I know it's a waste of two hours

Genuine question - would you feel the same, if you didn’t already have you’re season ticket?

I get what you’re saying about Bury, but I don’t think - for lack of a better word - a short-term, Bond-related-boycott, wouldn’t be too detrimental to the club, providing Bond is gone relatively soon.

And tbh, I’m not even advocating staying away to necessarily stick two-fingers up at Ron. It’s just that I can’t put myself through that utter bilge anymore, and in truth, I’ve been going up The Hall for 24 years, so dire football isn’t anything new to me, but this is different.

Absolutely, and as I said, this wasn’t intended to draw any kind of battle lines between fans.

Although, I do have to admit, having watched those highlights from last night - along with what we’ve already seen so far this season - I’m a little concerned for your collective welfares. How you can put yourself through that rage-inducing pantomime anymore is beyond me :Winking2:
The thing about reaching maturity of years is that I need the adrenalin of watching Southend, good and bad, and checking to see how many other old gits are ensconced in the West and not actually dead in their seats.:Smile2:

I will not stop attending, after 50+ years, but must admit I am not using my SUFC shopping bag at the moment - too many people looking at me with pity.

As a season card holder I have paid my dues and am going to continue to take my punishment. At no stage have I ever let poor form stop me going. Do I look forward to it ? NO !!!! I have seen us through good and bad and yet don't remember such a spineless set of performances. I base this from my starting point of Dave Smith and yes it includes Dick Bate etc. Bond must realise that certain tactics and formations require certain skill levels. we don't possess the level required for his

I am still going. Went last night and will be at Fleetwood.

The way I see it is this, the joy of the first game post bond is worth it.

I'm hoping I'll get the same buzz I got for Lee Sawers return.

Ah, I remember that. How exciting a prospect was he?! Loved him...

Home games, yes. Aways? Hmm..well I skipped the Orient one and don't regret it. But I’ll carry on going to Roots Hall. I kinda like the dark terrace (seat) humour .. awful days like these make the good times more special.

I am still going. Went last night and will be at Fleetwood.

The way I see it is this, the joy of the first game post bond is worth it.

I'm hoping I'll get the same buzz I got for Lee Sawers return.
Lee Sawyer is playing for Saffron Walden Town now only 29.His career promised a lot more than it delivered

Lee Sawyer is playing for Saffron Walden Town now only 29.His career promised a lot more than it delivered
I remember when we were gutted that Chelsea wouldn’t let him play against them.
Lots of us thought he was destined bed for big big things

Yeah he was a violent girlfriend beating thug. No loss at all.
I remember talking to a fella who was a family friend of Sawyers and he was saying he was on 80 grand a year at 18 at Chelsea and couldn't handle the money etc and went off the rails very quickly

Genuine question - would you feel the same, if you didn’t already have you’re season ticket?

I get what you’re saying about Bury, but I don’t think - for lack of a better word - a short-term, Bond-related-boycott, wouldn’t be too detrimental to the club, providing Bond is gone relatively soon.

And tbh, I’m not even advocating staying away to necessarily stick two-fingers up at Ron. It’s just that I can’t put myself through that utter bilge anymore, and in truth, I’ve been going up The Hall for 24 years, so dire football isn’t anything new to me, but this is different.

If I am brutal I can get a ticket for Spurs for the Fleetwood game, but I haven't. That's the Bury effect. So yeah, I supposed I'd have paid...

I remember talking to a fella who was a family friend of Sawyers and he was saying he was on 80 grand a year at 18 at Chelsea and couldn't handle the money etc and went off the rails very quickly

He also ran with the ball way too much. Hamilton's similar in that if the ball needs to go right he runs right instead of spraying a ball out right. This gives the defence time to reorganise. The better option is to ping a pass. It'll get there quicker than by running it.

So ironed his missus out instead ... of only they kept him on 79k

For what it’s worth, I don’t get to go to the hall often (only twice last season and won both!) but even in the current situation I miss it badly and can’t wait for my next chance. Even if I can just see the performances and assess it all with my own eyes and not just rely on the zone. Easy for me to say but I’d try and appreciate being able to go and join your comrades and support the club through thick and thin.

Back