• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So... who’s still attending?

Will you continue to attend?

• Total voters

GBJ

⭐⭐
Staff member
Firstly, I’m hoping this will be a relatively short-lived thread.

So, who here has decided not to attened games whilst Bond is still in charge? Not necessarily a boycott, but just a refusal to waste your time, money & effort on this shower.

Attendances are slowly declining & a few people have said they’re not going anymore - whilst some didn’t even bother renewing their season tickets, which is of course, a shame.

Obviously i get that it’ll be harder for Seaso’s to stay away, purely because they’ve already paid their money. Far easier for pay-on-the-day fans to stick we’ll clear though. Personally, I can’t bring myself to waste £22 on this garbage anymore.

Also, this isn’t a shaming thread, if you still want to go, then fill your boots. No judgement here, just interested to see who’s had enough. I can imagine a certain holidaymaker would be very interested aswell.

I walked out when we conceded the 3rd goal on Saturday which I don't do normally. However, it's in my blood to go to games so I won't boycott any games.

I think Bond will be gone before the Fleetwood game anyway

I’m a season ticket holder and I will continue to go. However a lot of last season and so far all of this it has felt like a chore and I’m doing it out of habit rather than because I’m enjoying it. I can’t remember the time before the Sunderland game that enjoyed my day at Roots Hall and I certainly haven’t since. Can’t blame anyone for choosing to stay away to do better things like see the family, get out in garden or maybe gauging our eyeballs with a rusty old spoon.

I have a season ticket and so like you say have paid up already so harder not to go but if I was just a fan turning up on the day I'm not sure if I'd attend to be honest.I love different levels of football and I think I'd maybe watch more non league than pay £22 or I think the £25 it costs on the day to get into Roots Hall.Some of the most dire football I have seen in 31 years supporting the club

I am, begrudgingly, still attending. Saturday's atmosphere was terrible. Everyone seemed as if they turned up because they felt obliged, not because they wanted to watch their team. South Stand seemed dead.

On the plus side, it was easy to get a pint at half time. In fact, I managed to get 2!

Season card holder. Didn't go to the last home game.

For the first time in years I'd rather just work than waste a day being wound up by the **** shower that is currently on show.

Thank God we have a couple of weeks break.

I probably pass on MK Dons away if he's still here. If not then I shall attend and look forward to probably Ipswich as my first home game.

Missing the Fleetwood game because its my brothers stag do in Spain, I'm not exactly upset about it.

Saturday was my first game of the season, and I’m a season ticket holder. With my shifts, I sometimes miss home games through work so haven’t been able to attend as much the last two seasons, which includes this one.

I really wish I hadn’t bothered renewing to be honest, not because of Bond, but I genuinely do not care anywhere near as much about the Club as I used to. Apathy has really set in with me. The club is rotten to the core.

I only went on Saturday because I was working the night shift after the game, so was going to Southend anyways. I wouldn’t have gone otherwise to be honest.

I have a son due in January, and with my shifts to, I will miss a lot of home games this season which is looking like a blessing in disguise.

I hope having my son, and being able to take him to games in the future will bring my passion for the Club, and football itself back, as I’m just sick of it all.

This group of players is most unlikeable set of characters we’ve had for a good number of years, they are spineless, gutless, have no fight, continually throw in the towel, weak both physically and mentally, and couldn’t care less for the Club, so I couldn’t care less for them.

An appointment of a new manager will be a start, but there is so much more wrong with our club than just the manager. I hope a Barrett type appointment galvanises the whole Club and the fanbase, but it is just papering over the cracks.

This is my club . I will attend through thick and thin, terrible and great times, whether in the Championship or Lower National, never failed to turn up just because we are crap

I definitely want to attend of course but getting Bond out quickly is a bigger priority than attending another shocking defeat, for me. I don’t actually think this is a decision I’ll need to make as I’m confident that when Ron returns tomorrow he’ll do what needs to be done.

Bond has shot himself in the foot particularly by his criticism of individual players in the media - this is a people business after all. Any manager anywhere knows you need a clear plan, with clear roles and responsibilities and sufficient buy in from your team to have a chance of the plan being effectively implemented. If the plan is unclear, keeps changing or is just so mental people can’t buy in to it - then you as a manager openly criticise team members for failing to do something they either can’t understand or can’t do - then your days are numbered.

I just cannot see any way that Bond can repair either the relationships or the plan and as such the only possible way forward is to relieve him of his position.

This is my club . I will attend through thick and thin, terrible and great times, whether in the Championship or Lower National, never failed to turn up just because we are carp

That sounds a bit fishy to me

I’m a season ticket holder and I will continue to go. However a lot of last season and so far all of this it has felt like a chore and I’m doing it out of habit rather than because I’m enjoying it. I can’t remember the time before the Sunderland game that enjoyed my day at Roots Hall and I certainly haven’t since. Can’t blame anyone for choosing to stay away to do better things like see the family, get out in garden or maybe gauging our eyeballs with a rusty old spoon.
Just how I feel?

Saturday was my first game of the season, and I’m a season ticket holder. With my shifts, I sometimes miss home games through work so haven’t been able to attend as much the last two seasons, which includes this one.

I really wish I hadn’t bothered renewing to be honest, not because of Bond, but I genuinely do not care anywhere near as much about the Club as I used to. Apathy has really set in with me. The club is rotten to the core.

I only went on Saturday because I was working the night shift after the game, so was going to Southend anyways. I wouldn’t have gone otherwise to be honest.

I have a son due in January, and with my shifts to, I will miss a lot of home games this season which is looking like a blessing in disguise.

I hope having my son, and being able to take him to games in the future will bring my passion for the Club, and football itself back, as I’m just sick of it all.

This group of players is most unlikeable set of characters we’ve had for a good number of years, they are spineless, gutless, have no fight, continually throw in the towel, weak both physically and mentally, and couldn’t care less for the Club, so I couldn’t care less for them.

An appointment of a new manager will be a start, but there is so much more wrong with our club than just the manager. I hope a Barrett type appointment galvanises the whole Club and the fanbase, but it is just papering over the cracks.

Absolutely spot on with everything you have said....nobody at the football club really gives two ****s about the supporters (facilities are woeful and nothing gets improved year on year for obvious reasons, but hey...it'll be years before we leave...IF we leave) and there is a real disconnect between this group of players and, of course, the dire management team.
Atmosphere is dire (justifiably) and the whole experience leaves me cold every other week.

Ctrl+C, Ctrl+V

I'm a season card holder and I will be going to all the home games. It's a personal choice, but I've seen grim stuff before and I reckon the club need my support more at the moment than they do when things are going well. Besides, it's got to be better than listening to BBC Essex instead. I just get too grumpy when I listen to a match on the radio, and this site doesn't need yet another Mr Grumpy pants on here before, during and after a game.

I'm a seaso, so will probably still attend the home games. But while Bond's still here, as of last night game, I wont be giving up my hard earned for away games.

Back