• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question So... who’s still attending?

Will you continue to attend?

• Total voters
The reason Iam losing interest is not results as such but the way us fans are taken for granted,not a word from the club on this seasons performances,like the man said we're mushrooms fed on ****e and kept in the dark and yes we are being mugged off.

It gets me out of the house away from the mrs and kids for a few hours so i sort of have to go...

I might cut out the football and just go up and down on the train for a few hours.

Even better if it was still rail replacement... takes longer

Anyone want to change their vote now, @GBJ was kind enough to allow you to do that if you want.:Smile2:

Since the departure on Friday, it seems that me and the boy are still going after he asked to go to the Fleetwood game.

Good lad.

I went to AFC Hornchurch v Kempston yesterday with my boy. It was the first saturday afternoon I have really enjoyed for absolutely ages. Great local club, passionate home fans and some decent football on show albeit against weaker opposition.

Even despite the removal of Mr Bond I am still actually not looking forward to Roots Hall against Fleetwood. I find that really worrying.... I've been loyally going for thirty plus years but something is massively missing at the moment. We need a momentum change. I mean when was the last time we even had a bloody cup run?!

I went to AFC Hornchurch v Kempston yesterday with my boy. It was the first saturday afternoon I have really enjoyed for absolutely ages. Great local club, passionate home fans and some decent football on show albeit against weaker opposition.

Even despite the removal of Mr Bond I am still actually not looking forward to Roots Hall against Fleetwood. I find that really worrying.... I've been loyally going for thirty plus years but something is massively missing at the moment. We need a momentum change. I mean when was the last time we even had a bloody cup run?!

That was way back in August 2019. We beat Stevenage of L2 but were eventually knocked out by MK. At one stage we were 2-0 down but pulled a goal back and had a right go at them. RH was rocking under lights and a real major upset looked on the cards. Eventually MK's class shone through and they wrapped it with 2 more clinical goals on the break against a tiring Southend team.......To this day they still talk about their greatest League cup run for years in the pubs and clubs of Southend

I have to say I’m really looking forward to Fleetwood now. I’ll be disappointed I’m sure but I have hope every home game. Already planning MK Dons and Gillingham away. COYB!!

To be honest, Bond going hasn’t really changed my opinion, and equally if Barrett is appointed (my preferred option), that won’t change my opinion.

Yes, there will be a feel good factor. Local legend, bleeds blue, multiple promotions with us and throughout his career etc unfortunately he inherits the same gutless, spineless, disgraceful group of players that Bond had, and some of them with Brown & Powell too.

I don’t mind losing IF I come away from the ground and can say everyone tried their hardest, but the other team were just better, like when Sheffield United rolled us over before. Or, if we try our hardest and it’s one of those days when the ball wont go in for love nor money.

This players do not give their all. They down tools far too often. They did it under Brown at the end of his spell, they did it under Powell last year, and they are did it again under Bond.

I’m glad Bond has gone, he was full of faults, but these players should also be made accountable for their actions and unfortunately they won’t be and that is why I feel so disconnected with Southend United. It’s the players, and the mess behind the scenes, not the fact we lose games.

I haven’t been to an away game for donkeys years, but have my season ticket and attend the home games that don’t clash with work. However, I’m a runner, and I’ve travelled to Brighton, Manchester, Newcastle, London, Magaluf, Silverstone and heading to Oxford next week to run. You won’t get me travelling any further than Roots Hall to watch them.

Question is, will a new manager be in charge come Saturday? Without re-reading the official statement from the other day, did it mention whether or not someone is in temporary charge?

Question is, will a new manager be in charge come Saturday? Without re-reading the official statement from the other day, did it mention whether or not someone is in temporary charge?
Nothing.. which is why I remain hopeful someone new will be announced in the coming days. Waddock to my knowledge is still employed, hopefully he’s packing his bags.

That was way back in August 2019. We beat Stevenage of L2 but were eventually knocked out by MK. At one stage we were 2-0 down but pulled a goal back and had a right go at them. RH was rocking under lights and a real major upset looked on the cards. Eventually MK's class shone through and they wrapped it with 2 more clinical goals on the break against a tiring Southend team.......To this day they still talk about their greatest League cup run for years in the pubs and clubs of Southend

I remember it like it was only last month.

Negativity rules!! FGS let’s try and be positive about the Mighty Blues!! The only way is UP!

Back