• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So who goes and who stays in L2

I wouldn't be sorry to see them disappear, in our position we need a younger up and coming coach/manager who is used to dealing with players at a lower level. So different to managing and signing million pound players.

It's not just dealing with players at a lower level: it's going to be dealing with a different generation.

We need someone who can relate to Yearwood, Hutchinson, Bishop, Kelman, Bwomono. They are the players we need to build around next season and develop.

Bond turns 62 before the start of the season. He's older than their fathers.

In fact he's likely to be closer in age and attitudes to their grandfathers.

Now age isn't everything but, other than Bishop, Bond has so far shown he doesn't trust youth. He prefers John White over Taylor Moore, inexplicably he prefers Michael Kightly to Isaac Hutchinson, he chose the out of form Dieng and the out of position Rob Kiernan over our most talented player, Dru Yearwood.

I want someone as manager who works well and understands that generation. That could be an old and experienced manager but from what I've seen so far that isn't Bond.

Who stays and who goes it out of our hands.

Plenty who don't deserve to play for the club again. Dieng and kightlys performances lately have been criminal. I'd love for both to be sent packin.

Oxley is on a fair wack as well and bishop is more than decent enough for league 2.

Demetriou and coker will want away.
Kiernan and Lennon will both want away too but it's about contracts and what they have or don't have.

It sack all the midfield apart from dru and klass. Maybe add barrett to that list as he will be keen and doesn't cost much.

The biggest and best business we can do in the close season is keep cox hopper and Humphrys. Those 3 will all score plenty in league 2. I'm sure that a fit hopper would have not only scored plenty this season and kept us safe but he would have also assisted many too.

Keep those 3 strikers and add to the side and we will be fine. My concern is that we wont be able to hold on to any of them.

All these players might want away - but who is going to want them on this years showing especially if they are still injured. The only one who will go is Cox who must be rueing signing his contract extension

Back