• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Poses the question, How many out of favour players have we got? Would you class Smith as out of favour.....it's just that with Bentley, he can't get a look in at the moment..........if Bentley picked up an injury?

Every team needs a back-up goalie. I'm quite happy for Smith to stay until his contract runs out at the end of the season, I'm sure him and Brown are too. If Bentley got injured I'd be much more confident playing Paul than Ted, sadly most of our fans wouldn't. Reid is the only player who I'd class as dead wood or 'out of favour' at the moment. I think Brown probably regrets that one with hindsight.

Here's my top ten .........

1. Reid (joining Hull City)
2. Njie (loan till end of season)
3. Payne (loan till end of season)
4. Bennett (contract cancelled)
5. Laird (moving to another division 2 club)
6. Straker (bid from Tottenham accepted)
7. Eastwood (going back to Coventry to play alongide The Moose)
8. Bentley (going to Man Utd where the fact he is cup tied is not an issue)
9. Hurst (giving up football to become a hair stylist)
10. Corr (bid accepted from Chelsea who have a stack of cash to spend)

I might be wrong of course ..............:unsure:

Here's my top ten .........

1. Reid (joining Hull City)
2. Njie (loan till end of season)
3. Payne (loan till end of season)
4. Bennett (contract cancelled)
5. Laird (moving to another division 2 club)
6. Straker (bid from Tottenham accepted)
7. Eastwood (going back to Coventry to play alongide The Moose)
8. Bentley (going to Man Utd where the fact he is cup tied is not an issue)
9. Hurst (giving up football to become a hair stylist)
10. Corr (bid accepted from Chelsea who have a stack of cash to spend)

I might be wrong of course ..............:unsure:

Of course, it said out of favour. IMO being in and around the squad, or being injured doesn't count as out of favour.

Well, that's the thing, the thing is this.

Between them (Brown, Penney and Coughlan) they have more views than there are sides to a dodecahedron. Once they have a couple of black and tans down the Hope Hotel, any player's future could be doubt.

11. Tims (should have scored on Saturday but messed up)

I'd be stunned if the farm hands could afford what we'd want for Leonard, especially with Cowling gradually reducing his investment. We'd be mad to consider anything under £300K. He's under contract for another year and a half.

I thought he was out of contract at the end of the season?

We have an option for another year on his contract, which we will take up.

According to CP:

Apart from anything I wonder if there was a competition to use the phrase "out of" as many times as possible in one sentence!

You're out of your mind as this would be out of the question for anyone out of school and out of detention if not out of a full set of sandwiches.

Hash tag: Beatthathen

Every team needs a back-up goalie. I'm quite happy for Smith to stay until his contract runs out at the end of the season, I'm sure him and Brown are too. If Bentley got injured I'd be much more confident playing Paul than Ted, sadly most of our fans wouldn't. Reid is the only player who I'd class as dead wood or 'out of favour' at the moment. I think Brown probably regrets that one with hindsight.

I wouldn't disagree with what you say. It was that rather curious choice of words that CP used:-

Chris Phillips ‏@CJPhillips1982 31 min One out of Blues' out of favour players is heading out of Roots Hall.

That surely implies that there is, at least, one other out of favour player.........if not Smith, then who? Would you describe a youth player who needs to go out on loan to gain experience, in that way?

Sorry didn't notice that this had been developed a little by Rattus. :blush:

Yep - number 1 on my list. Off to Hull City. Bruce keen on pushing Graham in our direction but I'm hearing that Brown is not very keen on the idea.

I'm hearing the opposite. Bruce was pleased that Graham missed 2 sitters as he wanted us to progress, he was annoyed that Fryatt disobeyed him and wants to get rid. Brown is interested, but waiting to hear back from Brett Angell, Andy Ansah and Barrington Belgrave before making his move.

Back