• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

So who's definately here next season then?

AU SUFC

Well as far as I am aware, I'm guessing the following main guys are still going to be hanging around.

Scott Spencer
Damien Scannell
Johnny Herd
Stuart O'Keefe
Harry Crawford
Matt Paterson
Adam Barrett
Jean Francois Christophe
Anthony Grant
Francis Laurent

Feel free to add and take away from that list, but looking at it, we need to really persuade the ones not on that list to stay on and help us get back to where we belong. And we need to add new people to the list too to really get us going. Not easy with an embargo, but fingers crossed that gets lifted.

Whats everyones opinion?

I'd Say from below Crawford their questionable! But yes , I'd imagine that would be the likely thing!

Definitely not Barrett, he thinks he can do better than L2 but can see him staying, Grant could go if he gets an offer, as could Paterson, a few clubs rumoured to be sniffing around there.

Think more players will stay than you think at the end of the day. Imo not a lot of clubs in league 1 will be that keen to sign players that took a club down, and also pay them the type of wages they have been used to at southend. It might just be Martin keener to get them of our books, than they are to go.

Think more players will stay than you think at the end of the day. Imo not a lot of clubs in league 1 will be that keen to sign players that took a club down, and also pay them the type of wages they have been used to at southend. It might just be Martin keener to get them of our books, than they are to go.

What nothing? ;) (I know, I know, its getting a little boring now...)

Definitely not Barrett, he thinks he can do better than L2 but can see him staying, Grant could go if he gets an offer, as could Paterson, a few clubs rumoured to be sniffing around there.

I hope Barrett goes as he was not brilliant last season & if that was the start of his downward slide in performances, then it won't taint his legend status.

As said above, anything from Crawford downwards is doubtful!

What nothing? ;) (I know, I know, its getting a little boring now...)
It is a concern though, that Martin continues to pay players late, regardless of the spin that is put out that everything is ok. If he struggles to find wages during the season when there is revenue coming in, how he manages in the close season i dont no. I assume players are payed some sort of wage when not playing, i took that for granted, yes, no.

Herd and O'Keefe. The fact they're the face of the new kit launch tells me there's a lot of uncertainty of players futures, when for the last 3 - years it's been Barrett, the captain modeling the new kit.

Herd and O'Keefe. The fact they're the face of the new kit launch tells me there's a lot of uncertainty of players futures, when for the last 3 - years it's been Barrett, the captain modeling the new kit.

dark times.....
if tilly doesnt walk it will be quite incredible.

Bit immpossible for him to model the kit if he is away on holiday with his family

Echo today reporting milldenhall has requested a transfer.

Not surprised. We probably couldn't afford him anyway. Thank you and good bye.

Hopefully those who are leaving will clear off in good time this summer, giving us some time to try and get some replacements in, although who is going to want to come to a club that still doesn't pay its players?! :(

Back