• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

worksop blues

I will be there with my wife and best freinds and meeting up with the rest of the gang. I will be in the rittz (wetherspoons) from around 10.00.

Any real ales there and how far from the ground?thanks.

I would have thought they'd have a few decent real ales in there, they certainly did last time I was in Lincoln (as most Wetherspoon pubs do)... it's about half a mile or so from the ground IIRC so leave ten minutes to get there.

Looks like a 5 minute walk from the train station. Anyone else going by train?

I would have thought they'd have a few decent real ales in there, they certainly did last time I was in Lincoln (as most Wetherspoon pubs do)... it's about half a mile or so from the ground IIRC so leave ten minutes to get there.

I, for one, have always believed that the words 'decent real ale' and' Wetherspoons' are mutually exclusive to each other.
Anyway, me, Mrs GYS and GYS Jnr will be there but driving there and back, so no alcohol for me, I'm afraid:sad:

Driving up and meeting up with friends in Peterborough on the way back, stopping over. Anyone any advice on best place for parking?

Driving up and meeting up with friends in Peterborough on the way back, stopping over. Anyone any advice on best place for parking?

I have street parked on previous visits to Sincil Bank,Last time i went we parked in large club car park,i would think this will be fine on Saturday.

Lincoln's ground isn't in the nicest part of town and street parking is slightly limited, especially the nearer to the city centre you get! Lots of restrictions etc... locally so be very careful where you park as they are very picky!

If you head "up" the high street (away from the ground) there is plenty of pubs and bars to choose from. There's alot of "older" pubs about down the side roads but also a Varsity and a walkabout about 15 mins walk from the ground if you get there early enough on the train! Wetherspoons will get busy and bit of a dump compared to others close by but is the best place if limited on time as nearer the ground!

Kev

I'll be chauffeuring Swiss and the chaps for an overnight stay, and supplying a sophisticated Champagne breakfast.

Don't forget to do the washing up, make their beds and ask them if they need anything ironing.....It will be like you never left home then...:whistling:

Going not sure whether to drive or get a train. Can anyone travelling by train tell me what stations are on the way from London to Lincoln, thanks

The club car park is OK but when I went to a match there a couple of months ago you could only get into it from the entrance near the fire station on the main road that runs alongside the common rather than through the houses on Sincil Bank itself. It can also take a long time to get out of the club car park at the end of the match. I quite often park on the common for £3 (IIRC) when I go to matches at Sincil Bank. If your're coming into Lincoln from Peterborough on the A15 via Sleaford, you'll come down a hill after Bracebridge Heath with the common on your right and a yellow speed camera and the Priory Academy LSST school on your left. At the traffic lights at the bottom of the hill, get in the right-hand lane and stay in the right-hand lane after you have made the right turn. At the roundabout about 200 yards further on, take the second exit. The common parking is then immediately on your right or the entrance to the club car park is about a quarter of a mile on your left by the fire and ambulance station. The disadvantage of both these parking places is that they are some way from the nearest pub and the main city centre but they are on the south side of the town if you are heading out towards Peterborough after the match. It's about a 5/7-minute walk fom the common to the away supporters' turnstiles - just follow the crowd. Alternatively, there are plenty of car parks in the city centre but it will take you about 15/20 minutes or more to walk out to the ground.

Back