• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Social housing for immigrants-your view

Should immigrants get priority

• Yes they should. They are here to boost the economy.

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • No, they should be treated the same as everyone else.

Votes: 7 38.9%
  • British Citizens should have priority

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Send em back.

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

steveo

mine to stay the same please
Lively thread and very interesting. Do we know the truth? Will we ever know the truth.
Should they get priority? What do zoners think?

I think this argument is a bit hypothetical as all the statistics show that immigrants do not have priority (and rightly so!)

If they got nothing positive to offer this country...

OR

They have the intention of coming here to scrounge benefits, claim a free gaffe and live cushy lives....

send 'em back on the first thing smoking!

I think this argument is a bit hypothetical as all the statistics show that immigrants do not have priority (and rightly so!)

But are the figures realistic? As I asked on the other thread:
Asylum seekers are entitled to accommodation under the Interim Arrangements. Once an asylum seeker receives a positive decision they are entitled to apply for social housing. DWP

Are these people included while they are waiting for their decision?

But are the figures realistic? As I asked on the other thread:

Are these people included while they are waiting for their decision?

I would guess that this accommodation would consist of a room in a refuge/hostel which is what all homeless people are entitled to.

How about percentage of non "White British" in social housing versus total percentage split of non "White British"? I don't have the figures to hand (but were quoted in the other thread) - effectively the 8 - 9% of non- White British take up about 18 % of the social housing?

How about percentage of non "White British" in social housing versus total percentage split of non "White British"? I don't have the figures to hand (but were quoted in the other thread) - effectively the 8 - 9% of non- White British take up about 18 % of the social housing?

But that means nothing unless you know the backgrounds of all social housing applicants. If there are a lot more non-white British people (proportionally) applying for social housing than white British people, then it would work out that they would have more housing as a proportion of total than white people.

Back