• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just to clarify, So is Sokolik the one player that will be offered a deal, or the only player to have been offered a deal so far?

If so, does that mean the other 2 trialist's have already packed their bags and left the club?

Shame about Murray, but still, considering they are on trial, I thought it would be a strange time to tell them the bad news.
I would have thought we would have kept them around until at least after the Col Ewe game to either
A: have a final look at them
or
B: as cover in case any of the 1st teamers picked up an injury during the week in training or during the game.

Happy with this. Sokolik started at Liverpool, did well every time I saw him play for us on loan. Looked a class above in L2 for us, same as Egan. If the money is right, and no lingering injuries, got to be worth a 2 year contract. Just needs to settle down and start playing again, get his timing back. Will do well for us again, sure of it.

I'm glad we're not offering deals to Edjenguele or Murray, they're below the standard of the players we already have.

Sokolik has the necessary quality to succeed at this level, he just needs to be in a stable environment and get his career back on track, he's still very young.

We definitely need another quality addition at centreback (who can play on the left side), a good central midfielder and another striker.

Hey Ho. Looks like he's ours now so let's hope he proves a cracking signing.

Wooaahhhh there my boy. (And other horsey noises). Steady on.

Soks has been offered a contract ........... I'm not sure that he has accepted it yet. It might not be enough money to tempt him, it might not be as long a contract as he would want etcetera .............

Wooaahhhh there my boy. (And other horsey noises). Steady on.

Soks has been offered a contract ........... I'm not sure that he has accepted it yet. It might not be enough money to tempt him, it might not be as long a contract as he would want etcetera .............

Agreed- but, without being more positive than is allowed, I think it is pretty certain. However, I will await white smoke.

One clearance he spooned out for a corner from the edge of the box, another moment where he slid and played it back to Oxley which could have gone wrong. I don't think he played badly and I'm not against signing him, but he is open to the odd headless chicken moment.

Are you insane? Shelvey played a 40 yard pass onto a sixpence, and Sokolik did really well to get just a toe end on it. It could of gone horribly wrong, but if he hadn't touched it, they would of been through 1 on 1.

The 2nd one, yes he could of put it out for a throw, but he did really well to stop a 2 on 1 break after Coker had given it away cheaply further upfield.

I guess if he hadn't got anything on either of them you would be slagging him off as well. Geez, dpsome fans are hard to please.

Are you insane? Shelvey played a 40 yard pass onto a sixpence, and Sokolik did really well to get just a toe end on it. It could of gone horribly wrong, but if he hadn't touched it, they would of been through 1 on 1.

The 2nd one, yes he could of put it out for a throw, but he did really well to stop a 2 on 1 break after Coker had given it away cheaply further upfield.

I guess if he hadn't got anything on either of them you would be slagging him off as well. Geez, dpsome fans are hard to please.
Don't think I'm insane! As I said in a later post, seems I didn't have the best view of that incident and may have misjudged it, in which case I'm more than happy to say well done to him.

By no means am I criticising him or saying he played badly, last night I was saying he was the pick of the trialists and I think he's a good addition.

For me, he won't walk into the starting line up, I'd say he's at a similar level to Thompson and both could do with an experienced partner, what worries me is that I can't see Adam Barrett being up to 50 games this season. As we've seen before with Sokolik, 9 times out of 10 he is solid and reliable, but every so often he can slip up, as with almost any defender at this level and League 2.

Don't think I'm insane! As I said in a later post, seems I didn't have the best view of that incident and may have misjudged it, in which case I'm more than happy to say well done to him.

By no means am I criticising him or saying he played badly, last night I was saying he was the pick of the trialists and I think he's a good addition.

For me, he won't walk into the starting line up, I'd say he's at a similar level to Thompson and both could do with an experienced partner, what worries me is that I can't see Adam Barrett being up to 50 games this season. As we've seen before with Sokolik, 9 times out of 10 he is solid and reliable, but every so often he can slip up, as with almost any defender at this level and League 2.

Maybe Insane was a bit harsh. :smile: I didn't see your 2nd post, and I agree that he would not walk into the starting line up, and I think we are still a quality CB short in our squad, as Thomson, Barrett and Sokolik will not be at the heart of a very good defence at League one level.

He was miles better than Billy Edge, and I am glad that of the two Brown made the correct choice.

We got rid of one sicknote and now we are retaining another desperately hoping he gets match fit, in the meantime releasing a perfectly fit forward. Squad looks wafer thin right now, weaker than last season's imho.

We got rid of one sicknote and now we are retaining another desperately hoping he gets match fit, in the meantime releasing a perfectly fit forward. Squad looks wafer thin right now, weaker than last season's imho.

Signing players is a risky business.

Ranger is very risky but when fit and in the right frame of mind will score goals at this level.

Murray is a bog standard player who is low risk but is unlikely to score many goals.

I'd rather we take a chance on ranger tbh. He is undoubtedly talented. He should be playing at championship level at least with his talent. It's his attitude which has cost him.

Get him ft and right in the head and he will cause defenders all sorts of nightmares.

Murray is a bog standard player who is low risk but is unlikely to score many goals

Get him ft and right in the head and he will cause defenders all sorts of nightmares.
we have a long list of better strikers than Murray who where unlikely to score many , the list is long and distinguished ... In addition we have also had players who weren't fit and failed to deliver.... Murray was different , he had pace and attitude personally I would have thought he was worth a punt....

we have a long list of better strikers than Murray who where unlikely to score many , the list is long and distinguished ... In addition we have also had players who weren't fit and failed to deliver.... Murray was different , he had pace and attitude personally I would have thought he was worth a punt....

We can only really judge when we know who we do sign.

Nothing really we didn't know already, but CP tweeted that it is confirmed that Sokolik has been offered a deal & brown said it's down to him & his agent now, Murray was released in favour of Ranger, who he thought was ahead of him "if he can get fit" and that he wasn't needed as he seems happy with Cox & Mooney.

Nothing really we didn't know already, but CP tweeted that it is confirmed that Sokolik has been offered a deal & brown said it's down to him & his agent now, Murray was released in favour of Ranger, who he thought was ahead of him "if he can get fit" and that he wasn't needed as he seems happy with Cox & Mooney.

Lets hope it's the same agent - then he won't be allowed to go and play elsewhere if it's L2

Signing players is a risky business.

Ranger is very risky but when fit and in the right frame of mind will score goals at this level.

Murray is a bog standard player who is low risk but is unlikely to score many goals.

I'd rather we take a chance on ranger tbh. He is undoubtedly talented. He should be playing at championship level at least with his talent. It's his attitude which has cost him.

ahem Michael Ricketts (1 cap for England)

Back