• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Say the Echo.

A good player in there somewhere but not sure he's an improvement on what we've got and he was far from convincing for me last night.

Murray could have been a cheap option, hoping this means we've got another striker target lined up.

Sokolik to be handed deal by Blues

JAKUB Sokolik is to be offered a contract to stay at Southend United, Echosport understands.

More...

Scraping the barrel this one. Brown can't be too convinced by him as why would he offer a trial to someone who he's already signed twice? The guy got released from a crap Yeovil team. I pray to God Barrett and Thompson don't get injured/suspended if this is our backup.

Say the Echo.

A good player in there somewhere but not sure he's an improvement on what we've got and he was far from convincing for me last night.

Murray could have been a cheap option, hoping this means we've got another striker target lined up.

I was one of those who thought he did very well- I'm perplexed as to where he was far from convincing as we restricted Newcastle to one shot on target in the first half?

Specifically where did you find him unconvincing? Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

Scraping the barrel this one. Brown can't be too convinced by him as why would he offer a trial to someone who he's already signed twice? The guy got released from a crap Yeovil team. I pray to God Barrett and Thompson don't get injured/suspended if this is our backup.

Why are you so anti signing Sokolik? It has not worked out for him at Yeovil but he demonstrated previously that has some talent it is just a case of whether he can develop on that and a fresh start maybe just the impetus he needs.

He may in time develop into being first choice but in terms of being a back up we started last season with Prosser and Bolger. To improve our squad he only needs to be better than either or both of them - not too difficult a task.

Not dissapointed if Sokolik comes our way , although didn't strongly fancy all 3 from the outset. Good reasons to think Sokolik can return to previous form with us and develop as still very young. But this still highlights how late we leave things as most agree we still need at least one more quality CB, 2 strikers and a midfielder.
Its not too late for the last minute quality bargains as sometimes the late bird catches the big fat worms by surprise and there remains no doubt some good players not signed up , along with some hopefully impressive year long, or 6 month long loanees. I still scratch my head though about the wonders of our scouting system as it stands, when recruits seem more based on agents and mates of a mate etc?

I was one of those who thought he did very well- I'm perplexed as to where he was far from convincing as we restricted Newcastle to one shot on target in the first half?

Specifically where did you find him unconvincing? Just because I didn't see it doesn't mean it didn't happen.
One clearance he spooned out for a corner from the edge of the box, another moment where he slid and played it back to Oxley which could have gone wrong. I don't think he played badly and I'm not against signing him, but he is open to the odd headless chicken moment.

He was played out of position a lot at Yeovil. Not surprised at all by this news, as soon as Murray played against slightly better sides than the first couple of friendlies he's not looked as good.

Why are you so anti signing Sokolik? It has not worked out for him at Yeovil but he demonstrated previously that has some talent it is just a case of whether he can develop on that and a fresh start maybe just the impetus he needs.

He may in time develop into being first choice but in terms of being a back up we started last season with Prosser and Bolger. To improve our squad he only needs to be better than either or both of them - not too difficult a task.

Because I actually watch the game and he is not an upgrade on what we already have. He isn't better than Bolger, he's about on par with Prosser - if we're happy finishing 14-15th then great but this isn't the signing to kick us on to the next level

Sokolik only looked good when playing with Egan and just look at the directions their respective careers have gone since that first loan spell

He was played out of position a lot at Yeovil. Not surprised at all by this news, as soon as Murray played against slightly better sides than the first couple of friendlies he's not looked as good.

He looked considerably better than Jason Williams, and apart from Mooney's second half effort, he looked better than Mooney as well. I think he was unlucky not to be offered a contract.

He looked considerably better than Jason Williams, and apart from Mooney's second half effort, he looked better than Mooney as well. I think he was unlucky not to be offered a contract.

I would think its more to do with lack of aerial threat in our forward line. Williams jumps like Pigott, by that I mean lets make sure my head is nowhere near the ball as I might get hurt. Mooney isn't strong enough and Cox isn't the tallest.

So if Ranger is unfit or gets punchy we will be weak up top. I would expect a more traditional 9 to be on our shopping list.

Last edited:
Not exactly what you'd call an upgrade on Bolger but there you go..

hopefully there is a good young CB available for loan

One clearance he spooned out for a corner from the edge of the box, another moment where he slid and played it back to Oxley which could have gone wrong. I don't think he played badly and I'm not against signing him, but he is open to the odd headless chicken moment.

funny- I saw that as a really good back pass- I would rather players tried to 'play' rather than just put it out for a corner

funny- I saw that as a really good back pass- I would rather players tried to 'play' rather than just put it out for a corner
Admittedly I didn't have the best view of it from the South Upper, but from my view it looked more luck than judgement.

Back