• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Sol Campbell bidding to avoid unwanted Southend United record tonight

To be fair I doubt a manager has ever taken over such a sorry bunch of unfit, untalanted & unconfident 'players' so its an unfair comparison. Specially when you look at the first 3 games he had to deal with.

Might be a record low turnout too!

Neither me or my friends are going so that's at least 5 people giving it a miss who would usually turn up!

I'm working late so it's iFollow for me after all. Look forward to seeing how we get on, hopefully a much needed 3rd win of the season to lead us into our mini break. A repeat of that Aldershot game I'd say is unlikely. I'd take a win and a clean sheet. Something to build on.

Here's a 29 year old record that it would be good to beat

Southend United 10 Aldershot 1 in front of 1,281

What a great night under the floodlights at Roots Hall and a fantastic thrilling side to watch.

Scorers: 4 for Brett Angell, 3 for Steve Tilson, 1 for Ansah, Ian Benjamin and Spencer Prior.

Dale Banton scored Aldershots consolation goal in the 83rd minute.

I moved to the area 29 years ago and must of just missed this , think my first game was a 1-1 draw with Cambridge, I moved down from London to this quiet area and had seen no bother at any games before and it all kicked off with Cambridge before the game , eventful first game !

Southend United 10 Aldershot 1 in front of 1,281

What a great night under the floodlights at Roots Hall and a fantastic thrilling side to watch.

Scorers: 4 for Brett Angell, 3 for Steve Tilson, 1 for Ansah, Ian Benjamin and Spencer Prior.

Dale Banton scored Aldershots consolation goal in the 83rd minute.
I was there, but sadly I'm not going tonight. The first "competitive" home game I have missed in over ten years, I think. I know, "get a life".

I was going to go but apathy has kicked in. I can't face a dead rubber game on a bloody parky evening, even if it might mean I could be part of a record breaking low crowd.

And what's more it's my birthday today so I'm ****ed off enough as it is.

I was there, but sadly I'm not going tonight. The first "competitive" home game I have missed in over ten years, I think. I know, "get a life".

I was going to go but apathy has kicked in. I can't face a dead rubber game on a bloody parky evening, even if it might mean I could be part of a record breaking low crowd.

And what's more it's my birthday today so I'm ****ed off enough as it is.
I was there as well,

Happy Birthday hope you have a good one and the team give you a nice surprise and present later.

Back