• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Sol Campbell is keen for long stint with Southend United

Good man .. got a lovely flat over looking the sea ... goes to the Shrimpers Trust ..

If SC's bought into RM's vision, then he's quite a salesman. But it's very encouraging to hear he's prepared to go the distance and I guess if nothing else, it'd be very rewarding to take a struggling side forward and, hopefully (and eventually), upward. Good luck to him.

He'll be here next season (unless he walks) but Ron will be looking for an immediate return to Lg1. If that doesn't happen then The Sol ain't gonna shine anymore. #sorrynotsorry

If Sol can’t get the players he wants and results carry on like this I think he’ll jump before he’s pushed. How long till the “Sol out” threads?? Already we are seeing many in favour of hoofing it upfield like some modern day reincarnation of John Beck’s Cambridge. When are we going to realise ... it’s gonna take time to turn this ship around. And patience. Hopefully he’s afforded that and stays.

"Already we are seeing many in favour of hoofing it upfield like some modern day reincarnation of John Beck’s Cambridge"

That's not what I'm saying - just stop the dodgy passes in our own 18 yard box.

"Already we are seeing many in favour of hoofing it upfield like some modern day reincarnation of John Beck’s Cambridge"

That's not what I'm saying - just stop the dodgy passes in our own 18 yard box.
Well, passes need to be more accurate yes, movement off the ball better, confidence has to improve ..stay tuned for more hair raising moments..

It might benefit them having 2 games away from RH for now.

Probably right Chris. Lets hope it doesnt come to that. I wasnt a massive fan of the appointment but i wholeheartedly want him to succeed

Generic new manager comments at struggling club. Not anything wrong with that. Just don't understand why people take much notice.

Be prepared to admit when you make a mistake Sol, i.e. with too much fannying around at the back (a passing games great, but PLEASE mix it up at least), and I'll respect you more.

I like Sol's comments re fitness and attitude and back him to change them. It can't get any worse after all, can it? :Unsure:

Yep mixing it up is the key for sure. Keep the opponent guessing. He must know that (you would hope)

Back