• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sol Campbell on brink of quitting as Blues boss (The Sun)

Personally think before the Rona hit he was starting to get some kind of tune out of this fiddle, improving performances followed up by a win before it all ended - with what was largely a youth team. No way would we have stayed up but if he had got another 3/4 wins before the end of the season and we were challenging in every game I’d feel confident he would of done a decent job in league two.

Wouldnt worry me if he left, with the new stadium coming up hopefully we need a manager that actually cares for the club, ideally a ex player that can maybe put a bit into the club or even get a stake in the club, maybe two ex players that no what they want, its about time we had Barrett and tilson or Barrett and Harris :Clap:
Where did you get the info that states he dosent care for the club or is that just your opinion

Personally i believe Sol Campbell and his team are doing an excellent job .our youngsters are all coming on heaps,which is great for the club as it allows the management to lower the wage bill by releasing some off the higher wage earners and not looking so much for replacements. I think give Sol a preseason and a few signings off his choice and you all will see a united team playing good football not hoofball.About time some of you forget the past which was Tilson,forget Barrett and harris and gave Sol and his team a decent go.

I would be sad to see Sol go. It was great to see our youngsters coming through and earning experience. I believe that we would have done well in L2 next season provided we kept most of them (I can see that Kelman would probably have gone).

Personally i believe Sol Campbell and his team are doing an excellent job .our youngsters are all coming on heaps,which is great for the club as it allows the management to lower the wage bill by releasing some off the higher wage earners and not looking so much for replacements.
Except Isaac Hutchinson.

All this about Campbell and how great it was bringing the youngsters through. Did he have a choice ?
Any manager we hired would of had to do the same thing, ok the players seem fitter and some of the younger players played with confidence but I mainly credit Ricky Duncan for that!

What I see with Campbell is an ego, doesnt talk a good game and always throws Ron Martin under the bus with his comments and it's all about poor Sol.

If he stays OK
If he goes 'maybe' not a bad thing

One thing that's recurring through a lot of these messages is that he's not personable enough on social media, that's not a requisite of his job, can you imagine Sir Alex or Arsene on social media whilst managing.....

One thing that's recurring through a lot of these messages is that he's not personable enough on social media, that's not a requisite of his job, can you imagine Sir Alex or Arsene on social media whilst managing.....
I’ve nothing against Sol, if he is thinking of leaving then he needs to make his mind up as quickly as possible.

As for social media, everyone is on there these days. For me it’s not about being personable at all, it is more about what you post, when you post and how your responding to other peoples posts. I do not think cryptic messages that seem to be replies to media or other posts etc are required, and the chairman or CEO should have a word. Equally the same should be said about players and their families. If a player or relative etc makes a post that iant correct or criticises the club / manager then the player should be spoken too.

I’ve nothing against Sol, if he is thinking of leaving then he needs to make his mind up as quickly as possible.

As for social media, everyone is on there these days. For me it’s not about being personable at all, it is more about what you post, when you post and how your responding to other peoples posts. I do not think cryptic messages that seem to be replies to media or other posts etc are required, and the chairman or CEO should have a word. Equally the same should be said about players and their families. If a player or relative etc makes a post that iant correct or criticises the club / manager then the player should be spoken too.
The problem is tone and intent can't always be conveyed as intended. If you stay off there people will think you are aloof or hiding and if you are on you are misinterpreted or over scrutinised. Damned if you do and damned if you don't if you like...

Well the rumour has carried on but the only person who can confirm or deny, Sol, has failed to endorse it or refute it. That alone is a poor piece of management.

I think Sol has done a good job and I really like him but these are unusual times. Financially it might be best to let him go.

The problem is tone and intent can't always be conveyed as intended. If you stay off there people will think you are aloof or hiding and if you are on you are misinterpreted or over scrutinised. Damned if you do and damned if you don't if you like...
Agree tone and content cannot always be seen, but it isn’t that with sol.

some of his posts are damned right weird, others are clearly cryptic replies to people who have had a pop, he of course can reply but then the criticism will come.

i don’t agree with if you stay off your seen as aloof, Sir Alex and Arsene were not seen as aloof, Klopp is he overly active on social media? Yes they are in a high profile job and higher division but Sol is high profile so he should manage that better.

like I say I have nothing at all against him and we have progressed u dear him, but he must make a quick decision if he is thinking of going.

What did Sol say in his instagram message that has fuelled the rumours ? I am unable to view it.

What did Sol say in his instagram message that has fuelled the rumours ? I am unable to view it.
I think it's this one and this is the text accompanying it:

solmanofficial's profile picture

solmanofficial
Verified

“In these times is it better to be the first one out or the last man standing?

It’s the Sun so the chances of an even passing resemblance to the facts are vanishingly small. we shall see.
Never quite understand this clichéd response to a red-top story.
They often do more homework than the broadsheets. I'll bet a gold pig there's been some Sol grumbling that's been ramped up.
Charlie Wyatt has a strong contacts book.
FWIW, the jury's out on his progress with us.
Yes, he gave the kids their head, but that's because he had no choice. It's worked here and there, and says much for the youth programme.
Frankly, and this may be a jury of one, whether he stays or go is all the same.

So after 97 posts we none of us have a clue whether Sol is in or out, and chances are we won't know until a tweet from Chris Phillips or Ron chooses to say something. Anyway, here's to the next 97 posts. :Winking:

Back