• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sol Campbell on brink of quitting as Blues boss (The Sun)

That could mean anything, it doesn't need to be about Southend. For example Sol could be one of those people that thinks they'd rather be infected with coronavirus now to 'get it over with'.
That’s just it though, it isn’t clear, it’s all mysterious and open to interpretation. One thing Sol doesn’t seem to be is someone who “tells it as it is” .. therefore, the rumours and guesswork continue

That could mean anything, it doesn't need to be about Southend. For example Sol could be one of those people that thinks they'd rather be infected with coronavirus now to 'get it over with'.
I totally agree, but public football boards thrive on rumours like this one.

I am not even remotely surprised that Sol hasn’t bothered responding to a “story” in the Sun- why should he every time a journalist dreams something up ( he is consistent in avoiding the press). It was tellingly very quickly reported on TalkSport and then repeated that there was no truth in it- a far more reputable source given ex players on the channel who know him personally/ even played with him.

Re the Instagram about is it better to be first out or last standing in my view it is way more likely he was highlighting the latter and making the point (yet again) that he’s not a quitter.

Third choice.

1) Larsson

2) AB & Tilly

3) Campbell

Absolutely wrong.Campbell was the (distant) 2nd choice not 3rd.
When the Larssen deal fell through, Ron was left facing no alternative—hence he delayed as long as he possibly could.
Tilson had been a very good manager indeed,but that was about 10 years earlier. Ron knows exactly what Barrett is like and so would never consider him.He only went along with the pretence of keeping those two as an option to quiten the numerous misguided fans,including and especially Chris Phillips.

Absolutely wrong.Campbell was the (distant) 2nd choice not 3rd.
When the Larssen deal fell through, Ron was left facing no alternative—hence he delayed as long as he possibly could.
Tilson had been a very good manager indeed,but that was about 10 years earlier. Ron knows exactly what Barrett is like and so would never consider him.He only went along with the pretence of keeping those two as an option to quiten the numerous misguided fans,including and especially Chris Phillips.

Ok mate.

FWIW, if Sol does go, then the tailor made replacement for him will be Craig Fagan, who is not only liked and respected by the players, but by the other members of the coaching staff too.

No doubt unlike the man from the Sun CP has spoken to him. Going nowhere, getting on with the job in hand, preparing for all eventualities on the playing side

So as expected nothing to see here, please move on..

No doubt unlike the man from the Sun CP has spoken to him. Going nowhere, getting on with the job in hand, preparing for all eventualities on the playing side

So as expected nothing to see here, please move on..

I agree. Sol won’t be going anywhere whilst this season is still officially active.

I’d say it’s a 50:50 split whether he’ll be here next season - whenever that is, anyway.

Ok mate.

FWIW, if Sol does go, then the tailor made replacement for him will be Craig Fagan, who is not only liked and respected by the players, but by the other members of the coaching staff too.
Fagen had a nice team of boys in Oliver .

• Haha
Reactions: GBJ
A poll of best Oliver songs? It’s got controversy written all over it.

Besides, Reviewing The Situation wins by a landslide
Actually, it doesn't.
Once asked Lionel Bart what he was proudest of, and he said: As Long as he Needs Me, and was especially proud of the line: 'as long as life is long'.
From the horse's mouth will do me...

Back