• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sol Campbell on brink of quitting as Blues boss (The Sun)

A poll of best Oliver songs? It’s got controversy written all over it.

Besides, Reviewing The Situation wins by a landslide
You've got to pick a pocket or two for me, closely followed by Reviewing... followed by It's a Fine Life. Love a bit of Yiddish C o c kney Music Hall.

Reactions: GBJ
Absolutely wrong.Campbell was the (distant) 2nd choice not 3rd.
When the Larssen deal fell through, Ron was left facing no alternative—hence he delayed as long as he possibly could.
Tilson had been a very good manager indeed,but that was about 10 years earlier. Ron knows exactly what Barrett is like and so would never consider him.He only went along with the pretence of keeping those two as an option to quiten the numerous misguided fans,including and especially Chris Phillips.

This is a truly hilarious comment.

I think AB doing a great job at the time threw a massive spanner in the works! To this day not sure why He turned up but shows his love for the club and one day we'll see it.

FWIW, I think you might get your wish. But remember they say you should be careful of what you wish for,don't they? Cany you imagine out current squad (even with some additions) starting life in L1 next season?

It wasn’t much of a wish... more just me trying to shoehorn an Oliver reference in there ?

However, I take your point. Maybe now that there is some movement on the stadium side of things, it might be easier to find some investment to strengthen the side. Although ultimately Ron needs to reign those finances in.

First things first, we need to finish the clear out, that would have happened this summer. We still have staff members earning an absolute fortune, which is way beyond our means.

Back