• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Latest Rumours Sol Campbell on brink of quitting as Blues boss (The Sun)

FWIW, I think you might get your wish. But remember they say you should be careful of what you wish for,don't they? Cany you imagine out current squad (even with some additions) starting life in L1 next season?

Strangely our money problems earlier in the year might have worked in our favour, by cutting the wagebill when we did our outgoings during a period of no-income are much lower than they otherwise would be. Don't forget that when new contracts or signings are made the money involved is likely to be much lower than it would otherwise have been.

Even when football returns attendances will be down as some fear will still remain, sponsors won't have the same amount to spend, even rich owners will think twice. if this is combined with Ron having got planning permission and sold at least part of the development to recoup his losses things look a bit better

Strangely our money problems earlier in the year might have worked in our favour, by cutting the wagebill when we did our outgoings during a period of no-income are much lower than they otherwise would be. Don't forget that when new contracts or signings are made the money involved is likely to be much lower than it would otherwise have been.

Even when football returns attendances will be down as some fear will still remain, sponsors won't have the same amount to spend, even rich owners will think twice. if this is combined with Ron having got planning permission and sold at least part of the development to recoup his losses things look a bit better
Indeed it will be a buyers market

Sol is a guest on the football show on Sky this morning, show has started but he is yet to appear.
You never know we might get the truth!

Sol is a guest on the football show on Sky this morning, show has started but he is yet to appear.
You never know we might get the truth!

We’ll probably see the most interesting, humble and upbeat Sol Campbell that we’ve seen during his time with us. I’m sure he’ll be wanting to give a great image of himself to get his name out there.

Larsson is chatting about Southend, saying he was basically ready to sign and Tommy Johnson changing their mind was the reason it didn't happen.

A few other clips from the discussion on Twitter- shame only a few seconds here maybe the whole discussion will appear to view later. Talked managers he played under, who his best defensive partner was etc.

Good to hear the are actively taking to the players they want to keep etc. - must be a bit difficult not knowing 100% what division we will be in and that has to effect the budget significantly as well as a final decision on one or two. Most they will have a pretty good idea on whatever. Of course contract expire June 30 so decisions have to be made by then..

A few other clips from the discussion on Twitter- shame only a few seconds here maybe the whole discussion will appear to view later. Talked managers he played under, who his best defensive partner was etc.

Good to hear the are actively taking to the players they want to keep etc. - must be a bit difficult not knowing 100% what division we will be in and that has to effect the budget significantly as well as a final decision on one or two. Most they will have a pretty good idea on whatever. Of course contract expire June 30 so decisions have to be made by then..
Agree cant be easy for the club or the players for that fact right now.

I was on a call earlier today and the player aspect is in someways interesting, the players higher up the chain are quite happy for contracts to expire 30th June and look at their options (if they haven’t done so already). This players in the lower leagues (L1 and 2) are more open to extending contracts to a degree, probably because there are less options etc. I say to a degree as obviously there are some good players in the lower divisions who reckon they may get to move to a lower end or mid table championship club or league 1 club depending on what division your in, however there is a whole bunch who would be willing to sign an extension.

But it is a very good point you raised as times for decisions are upon clubs, nothing has been sorted (and rumours of clubs returning to training etc gather pace) and will get cloudier i feel, and then finances will be even harder to sort.

If only there were a pro active body running the game eh?

Agree cant be easy for the club or the players for that fact right now.

I was on a call earlier today and the player aspect is in someways interesting, the players higher up the chain are quite happy for contracts to expire 30th June and look at their options (if they haven’t done so already). This players in the lower leagues (L1 and 2) are more open to extending contracts to a degree, probably because there are less options etc. I say to a degree as obviously there are some good players in the lower divisions who reckon they may get to move to a lower end or mid table championship club or league 1 club depending on what division your in, however there is a whole bunch who would be willing to sign an extension.

But it is a very good point you raised as times for decisions are upon clubs, nothing has been sorted (and rumours of clubs returning to training etc gather pace) and will get cloudier i feel, and then finances will be even harder to sort.

If only there were a pro active body running the game eh?

Indeed but for clubs who dont know what division they will be in its a bit of a nightmare- someone you would keep in L1 you might not in L2 etc. Not just us- numerous clubs can't be sure where they will be. Of course what is required is certainty- as you say if only..

Indeed but for clubs who dont know what division they will be in its a bit of a nightmare- someone you would keep in L1 you might not in L2 etc. Not just us- numerous clubs can't be sure where they will be. Of course what is required is certainty- as you say if only..
You are 100% correct, i know of a club in league 2 that want a league 1 player, he is keen to go. However if they dont go up they cant sign him and he wont sign if they are in league 2. So very difficult for clubs not knowing,

YOu probably wont agree but a PPG average on how the league sits right now would be a way of settling the league, ending it and then you have the final positions. YOu could even do the playoffs over a week. Friday, Tuesday, Friday for league 2, Sat, Wed, Sat for league 1 and Sun, Thur and Sun for the championship. Maybe I am wrong I dont know, what I do know is that some clubs are at their wits ends as there is little or no information being disseminated down

You are 100% correct, i know of a club in league 2 that want a league 1 player, he is keen to go. However if they dont go up they cant sign him and he wont sign if they are in league 2. So very difficult for clubs not knowing,

YOu probably wont agree but a PPG average on how the league sits right now would be a way of settling the league, ending it and then you have the final positions. YOu could even do the playoffs over a week. Friday, Tuesday, Friday for league 2, Sat, Wed, Sat for league 1 and Sun, Thur and Sun for the championship. Maybe I am wrong I dont know, what I do know is that some clubs are at their wits ends as there is little or no information being disseminated down

Just too many games to go for points per game- its trying to predict how things would have ended with no account for who you have left to play or even how many home verses away games. And then you will decide on 0.1 of a point average or a tiny difference in goal difference. Picking a specific way of settling the outcome will result in all sorts of challenges. The season is decided after all the games are completed and the season will not be completed- so it should be voided. However, despite this, my hunch is they will create promotions not relegations in the same neat way the SPL are likely to- i.e. expand the Premiership by two clubs and allowing that to flow down through the EFL. The season will be voided in the EFL, but a convenient change in the Prem numbers will allow clubs in the current automatics to go up (minimising not eradicating dissent). We shall see..

Just too many games to go for points per game- its trying to predict how things would have ended with no account for who you have left to play or even how many home verses away games. And then you will decide on 0.1 of a point average or a tiny difference in goal difference. Picking a specific way of settling the outcome will result in all sorts of challenges. The season is decided after all the games are completed and the season will not be completed- so it should be voided. However, despite this, my hunch is they will create promotions not relegations in the same neat way the SPL are likely to- i.e. expand the Premiership by two clubs and allowing that to flow down through the EFL. The season will be voided in the EFL, but a convenient change in the Prem numbers will allow clubs in the current automatics to go up (minimising not eradicating dissent). We shall see..
I get what you say, not sure EFL will void the championship, also think the EPL may finish due to this UEFA thing about place sin their competitions being decide don sporting merit

basically its all rubbish and no one knows anything, i admit I am a little fortunate doing the work I do but the lack of info is incredible

I get what you say, not sure EFL will void the championship, also think the EPL may finish due to this UEFA thing about place sin their competitions being decide don sporting merit

basically its all rubbish and no one knows anything, i admit I am a little fortunate doing the work I do but the lack of info is incredible
what is it that you do?

Back