• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell owed 180k...

I have to say this is in all the news most likely to be true. Can’t say I’m having this one bit Sol is a wealthy man quick google search will tell you that. Is he actually backing the wind up for a football club to get a percentage of this. Take a football club from a community and people lose their jobs. Destroying a club that plays a sport which gave him everything he has. If he isn’t actually skint which I really don’t think he is then I can’t actually stand seeing this news, disgrace.

I have to say this is in all the news most likely to be true. Can’t say I’m having this one bit Sol is a wealthy man quick google search will tell you that. Is he actually backing the wind up for a football club to get a percentage of this. Take a football club from a community and people lose their jobs. Destroying a club that plays a sport which gave him everything he has. If he isn’t actually skint which I really don’t think he is then I can’t actually stand seeing this news, disgrace.
He may well have seen some asset stripping and money filtering there so has little sympathy with the owners who have had him over..
I have been there and I expect the ground is prime real estate inner town site.

He may well have seen some asset stripping and money filtering there so has little sympathy with the owners who have had him over..
I have been there and I expect the ground is prime real estate inner town site.
MG 2nd comment you’ve made supporting Sol , okay we don’t know the full facts but your coming across that yet another club can go under because of a crap owner and an ex managers wish

Suing Macc is clearly true - it’s widely reported. If he’s owed that then he’s entitled to be paid.

The ‘he wants them wound up’ bit is hearsay, as far as I can see.

Hope it is. As thats a bit much wanting a club wound up. Of course hes owed but hes harsly on the breadline is he. That was probably 2 weeks income in his heyday.

I think it is very poor of him wanting Macclesfield winded up, what about the loyal fans and people behind the scenes who’ve been there for years. As everyone knows Bury have already gone he wants another, even though he’s owed money I should imagine he’s well off. If in the future if we are in the same situation as Macclesfield remember he will want our club to be finished and out the football league. Always thought football family didnt apply to the premiership and its players, case proven. Just my personal opinion .
I wonder if you would think that if you was owed 182000 by say a family , wouldnt you want them to sell off there assets House etc to repay you.

I would like to know how a Div 4, poorly supported (in numbers) club, can afford to pay any manager £180,000.00 for eight months work, and overseeing just thirty games!!!!

MG 2nd comment you’ve made supporting Sol , okay we don’t know the full facts but your coming across that yet another club can go under because of a crap owner and an ex managers wish
I don't wish them to go under and I do not know if Sol wants that either.
I want to have clubs run properly by straight people, and I want the leagues to distribute the wealth sloshing around the top to go further down BUT that won't happen until lots of things change and one of the first needs to be proper due diligence of owners and finance.
In a perfect world a wealthy Macc fan would buy them and run them properly, similar to how Accers are run maybe?
I do not like their situation, or Burys, or Rushdons, or Stockports, or Darlingtons, or Chester's but owners gamble on the clubs and fans suffer, people lose money and it isn't right in my opinion.

I can definitely see both sides here.

It's a balancing act of running a club with due diligence v gambling to get promoted and pay back the deficit then.

Bury is a good case in point. Whilst many feel for the fans, of course and those of Macclesfield, it can equally be argued that Bury took a promotion spot last season with money they didn't have, at the expense of a club who showed a little more prudence financially.

I can definitely see both sides here.

It's a balancing act of running a club with due diligence v gambling to get promoted and pay back the deficit then.

Bury is a good case in point. Whilst many feel for the fans, of course and those of Macclesfield, it can equally be argued that Bury took a promotion spot last season with money they didn't have, at the expense of a club who showed a little more prudence financially.
Very well put, who got relegated out of the league while Maccs stayed up & how much sympathy is extended towards them?

The players are going on strike as well this weekend. I think Macc are going the same way as Bury.

Expect Sol to go back + nick the best of their players who he worked with last year.

Hopefully they will be some diamonds like when Judas Fry stole the stars from Barnet - Jonny Hunt , Derek Payne , Micky Bodley , Gary Bull , Dan Harding etc

Is it any different to Phil Brown or that fitness guy having to sue us to get Ron to handover their termination pay?

A winding up order is a tool by which to get somebody to take your requests to pay what you are owed seriously. He doesn’t want them wound up: he wants to get what they agreed to pay him but have been dragging their feet on.

Expect Sol to go back + nick the best of their players who he worked with last year.

Hopefully they will be some diamonds like when Judas Fry stole the stars from Barnet - Jonny Hunt , Derek Payne , Micky Bodley , Gary Bull , Dan Harding etc

Dan Harding was the LB from Brighton over a decade later. Paul Harding was the central midfielder and we got him on loan not after he walked from Barnet because of unpaid wages. Can’t remember where Gary Bull went (maybe Forest?).

Is it any different to Phil Brown or that fitness guy having to sue us to get Ron to handover their termination pay?

A winding up order is a tool by which to get somebody to take your requests to pay what you are owed seriously. He doesn’t want them wound up: he wants to get what they agreed to pay him but have been dragging their feet on.
Phil Brown and ESPECIALLY our 'fitness guy' are a lot more short of a pound note than Sol....

I said if someone is actually skint then I can accept this route is acceptable. People need to do what they need to do survive but the internet tells me Sol Campbell is multi millionaire and to put a club out of business to fill his already deep pockets just doesn't sit nicely with me.

Back