• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell owed 180k...

Exactly and managers, players and fans need to stand up to rogue owners. They have got away with murder for far too long.

Our fans didn't the last time Ron decided the players didn't deserve to get paid!

Yep that’s the fact but as a millionaire are you going to take a club from a town that you kept up last year when people weren’t getting paid and let people lose their jobs who individually contributed to your successful job when you don’t need the money

If our players see Macclesfield taking the **** they will start turning up to training late wearing onesies and with McDonald's breakfasts.

I am not saying that debt to rich people should not be paid. I am saying in this example he should not be backing the club be wound up so he can be paid.
He went there last year and kept them up and now he calling for all that work to be undone so he can get his already fat pockets greased. The club is obviously going through tough times but as long as it exists it will owe him money and when times get rosier he can get paid.

He should bloody show some respect to the people working there on a minimum wage who helped him in his first job and made it a success, those same people who are still working there not being paid, not being able to pay bills but carry on for the love of their club, the fans who still go and support the team he had in first job. The whole group that rallied behind him and kept their club up together.

If the taxman winds them up then so be it he will get a % or all of what he's owed but to publicly call for it - disgrace and at what cost to Macclefield, people lose their jobs and a community loses a football club.

So you're saying he shouldn't chase his money because he's rich. I'm sure he doesn't really want them to go to the wall in the same way HMRC don't want us to. It's a game being played out to show he's serious about not being mugged off.

You dont have to take a hit. Get on the list of creditors and be patient. 180 grand is a hell of a lot of money. But in sols case its only going to buy a small flat in sussex to add to his portfolio. They are a small club like us. Loyal fans and staff members like us. I dont see how someone in his position can be onboard with winding them up.

Surely proportionately its akin to someone on 30k a year throwing someone under the bus for the price of a coffee. Thats just the way i see it.

I can understand that when paying the price for the poor coffee served at Root Hall :Smile:

Yep that’s the fact but as a millionaire are you going to take a club from a town that you kept up last year when people weren’t getting paid and let people lose their jobs who individually contributed to your successful job when you don’t need the money
How simplistic to suggest that Sol is taking the club from the town. There will be numerous creditors who are owed substantial sums. You don't get to be a millionaire by letting people shaft you. I fully support Sol on this.

So you're saying he shouldn't chase his money because he's rich. I'm sure he doesn't really want them to go to the wall in the same way HMRC don't want us to. It's a game being played out to show he's serious about not being mugged off.
Thanks for highlighting one point. Read the rest of the post my other points are quite clearly there

Sol being wrongly judged yet again. None of us know the back story and how many times he has had promises broken. Sounds to me like Sol did not take his wages to help other staff ln the first place.

Sol probably knows about the owners dodgy financial dealings and has had enough. He is not doing it to kill off Macclesfield and he is not doing it for the money. Its the principle and if some of you think its OK to knock someone because he can afford it, then you to are not a fit and proper person.......And we have way to many of them in football as it is.

JM...I wished i had your money problems!! if you think £182,000 is nothing more than pocket change!!

As others have said, if you got paid to do X amount of money for a job (be it building a house or installing a boiler etc etc.. and you did as required from client... & you did as required.... would you really not chase the client for full payment as included in the contract at the start date?... Or would you just take a £182,000 hit on your bank balance so just not to make a fuss?
What are you talking about we aren’t talking about me ffs

I very much doubt Sol is sitting there hoping the club will actually be liquidated. What he may be hoping for is the current incumbent to be forcibly removed from the club and a change of ownership. As a creditor, the club actually going to the wall isn't going to make him any more likely to get his money.

If this happened to us... Sol keeps us up this season then leaves. 6 months down the line he backs a call to wind us up because he is owed money. All the people we know personally who work at the club lose their jobs, the clubs history disappears and we all need to find a new things to do on Saturdays.

People would be going mad.
Just because it's not us and he is our manager it's fine...really?

If this happened to us... Sol keeps us up this season then leaves. 6 months down the line he backs a call to wind us up because he is owed money. All the people we know personally who work at the club lose their jobs, the clubs history disappears and we all need to find a new things to do on Saturdays.

The animosity would be directed at Ron not the person who did his job without pay for 6 months.

If we end up going bust there will be 1000 reasons why before we get to blame Sol.

Are your London team Spurs by any chance?

I wouldn't be mad because he wouldn't be the reason we'd go bust. It'd be clear we're living outside our means.

If we owe people money then they should be paid it.

Ron generally does, or at least before he's due to be up in court at the last possible minute. If I ran a business I would not trade with SUFC.
I believe that is a policy that several companies have adopted; and it is not good, for a number of reasons, to have a poor reputation financially.

I very much doubt Sol is sitting there hoping the club will actually be liquidated. What he may be hoping for is the current incumbent to be forcibly removed from the club and a change of ownership. As a creditor, the club actually going to the wall isn't going to make him any more likely to get his money.
exaxtly this so why is he backing it then???? That’s my issue. Did you see Ryan Lowe backing a winding up petition of bury or any of the players??? No you didn’t because they had some respect. They’re all on the list of creditors but they don’t want the club going out of business to get it.

I wouldn't be mad because he wouldn't be the reason we'd go bust. It'd be clear we're living outside our means.

If we owe people money then they should be paid it.
I have not once said that the money should not be paid.
If Macclesfield town stay afloat they will
Owe him money. He’s backed a winding up petition to end the club in the next few months because he can’t wait for that money does despite being a multi millionaire literally wtf i don’t know how see people see this as okay ? Knowing the knock on effect it has in Mac town employees and the town as a whole.
I’ve not once said Sol should not be paid but there’s no need for him to back the closure of the club in the next few weeks

I understand the point JL is making and agree it's not good to see another club potentially going under.
However I don't understand why Sol is being criticised. It seems to me that the numbers involved and his personal wealth are distorting the issue. The Macc owner has clearly employed numerous people and is unable to pay them. Sol is the most high profile and presumably the highest (un)paid.
The fact that he can live comfortably without the £182k is really not the point. The actual figure is irrelevant, otherwise he might as well have worked for free as he doesn't need the money.
What good does it do the others that Macc and other clubs owe lesser sums to if he says OK, never mind I don't need the money. anyway?
I don't see he is disrespecting the supporters whose club he kept in the League. If Macc go under for the sake of having to pay his wages that may be the final nail in the coffin but it won't be the root cause of their demise.

Back