• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell owed 180k...

He has not said that. He wants paying out of principle and the in doing so he has highlighted yet another conman who has attached himself to football.

Sadly a 145 year old club are in trouble because of their owner. If the same man had announced a few years back that he wanted to take over Southend. Then more than 50 % of our fans would have loved the idea......That's because ordinary smart and sane people become idiots once they pull on a replica shirt or enter a football stadium.....That makes us easy victims.

Yes the EFL should do more. But the Bury fans for example should have spoke up 5 years ago. Instead they were happy to enjoy the ride which was always going to end in tears. Do you remember many on here being jealous of their 15 signings in June?

As a side note after witnessing Bury fans at our last home game when we had a chance of the play-offs......I don't feel the slightest bit sorry for them
Campbells barrister said his client wanted the club wound up ! I’ve never said he doesn’t deserve/need the money because of his wealth. Apparently the owner is in talks to sell the club let’s hope it happens and we can play Macclesfield next season. I’ve been to Bury a number of times before the game that was abandoned after 2 mins ( waterlogged pitch) my son and I were drinking and chatting to about 10 Bury supporters who were all worried about overspending. Since when have football fans had any say about how a club is run, if you work for someone do they let you make decisions how to run their company? The EFL is a joke. Everyone has an opinion and mine as previous posts is that Campbells winding up wish is a disgrace from a football man

Not surprised he voted to wind up Macclesfield, i also would if my ex employer still owed me £182,000.
Real shame that many football fans want 145 year old clubs go under. Get in the queue Campbell and wait for the money your rightly owed but wanting a club to fold, we’ve all got our own opinions on this but for me shame someone who’s our manager cares so little for his ex club, their employees and fans

Maybe hes spotted another 180K opportunity at southend should they go down and struggle to make ends meet

I think money has always been tight there.

I remember seeing us play Chester there, when they ground shared at Macclesfield to help out both clubs.

Last edited:
Amazed this **** thread is still running. I guess Sol is doing a pretty good job of sorting out the dross in the squad and showing he means business so the whining glass half empty brigade has to find something to dig him out on, how pathetic. We have enough problems as it is without people spouting ****e towards the new manager.

Amazed this **** thread is still running. I guess Sol is doing a pretty good job of sorting out the dross in the squad and showing he means business so the whining glass half empty brigade has to find something to dig him out on, how pathetic. We have enough problems as it is without people spouting ****e towards the new manager.

Sheldon this **** thread still has comments because you think people like me are ,your words , whining glass half empty brigade , well I’m not , I think your comment is pathetic, you obviously won’t agree . Some of us have principles Campbell doesn’t

Sol Campbell was a model professional and you don't make it to the top and you certainly don't stay their on talent alone. Rather than spending his time in nightclubs or making videos on lads end of season tours. he has invested his money wisely. So good luck to him. There are plenty of other idiots he has played alongside who owe the likes of Sol for their good fortune, rather than him owing football.

Unfortunately for Sol, he suffers from the myth that sport and politics don't mix. People bring their politics to the sport table. In Sol's case, Spurs fans hatred of Arsenal. The fact he has been successful on and off the pitch will anger the left. The fact he has been successful on and off the pitch and is black will anger the right.

If he had wasted his talent by going out on a Friday and being lazy on the pitch. Lost all his money, beat his girlfriend up in public and had an interest in dogging rather than coaching. Then he could be in our hall of fame and people would pay £50 to hear him speak.......Because that what us fans expect of a footballer......Its what we are comfortable with.

Dear oh dear.

Have you had a night out with Grapevine/Tombstone?

I thought you were becoming more reasonable.

Silly me.

Sol Campbell was a model professional and you don't make it to the top and you certainly don't stay their on talent alone. Rather than spending his time in nightclubs or making videos on lads end of season tours. he has invested his money wisely. So good luck to him. There are plenty of other idiots he has played alongside who owe the likes of Sol for their good fortune, rather than him owing football.

Unfortunately for Sol, he suffers from the myth that sport and politics don't mix. People bring their politics to the sport table. In Sol's case, Spurs fans hatred of Arsenal. The fact he has been successful on and off the pitch will anger the left. The fact he has been successful on and off the pitch and is black will anger the right.

If he had wasted his talent by going out on a Friday and being lazy on the pitch. Lost all his money, beat his girlfriend up in public and had an interest in dogging rather than coaching. Then he could be in our hall of fame and people would pay £50 to hear him speak.......Because that what us fans expect of a footballer......Its what we are comfortable with.
I may be wrong but I think you’re beating around the Bush with your comments !

I’m just pleased the players are fitter and they are not eating ketchup anymore , there’s nothing worse than loosing when you are unfit ketchup eating dossers, much better to lose by the same score lines week in week out in a pair of shorts that are a size smaller
long live King Sol

I’m just pleased the players are fitter and they are not eating ketchup anymore , there’s nothing worse than loosing when you are unfit ketchup eating dossers, much better to lose by the same score lines week in week out in a pair of shorts that are a size smaller
long live King Sol
Yes kings were good at destroying people’s lives in the past , as you say long live king sol helping destroy Macclesfield fc , past the ketchup

Dear oh dear.

Silly me.

Looks like you had a night out.

Now you have got him banned you have no one to argue with.

I do have his private number, thanks

Dear oh dear.

Silly me.

No i think he has a point, people on twitter saying Come back Nile, who didn't give a **** whilst here and now posting "Poor Southend ", similar some would pay to hear an ex player who has gone from club to club spouting the same " I loved this club"

Don't often agree with Rigsby ,but that was a point well made and correct in every word

if anybody is interested there is full page interview with sol in todays daily mail very good read the reporter even mentions nile ranger turning up at club while he was there , sol sounds like he is up for job and can turn our poor club around , so hope he can and our club can soon be smiling again and not the laughing stock it is now , so happy christmas to all you shrimpers out there and a brighter 2020

No i think he has a point, people on twitter saying Come back Nile, who didn't give a **** whilst here and now posting "Poor Southend ", similar some would pay to hear an ex player who has gone from club to club spouting the same " I loved this club"

Don't often agree with Rigsby ,but that was a point well made and correct in every word

The first half of Rigsby’s post was his opinion, which of course is fine.

The anti Stan paragraph was over the top, hurtful and unnecessary.

Surprised that you don’t agree.

Looks like you had a night out.

Now you have got him banned you have no one to argue with.

I do have his private number, thanks

No one to argue with?

That must mean that his arrogant delivery and, in my opinion, incorrect views aren’t replicated by other zone contributors.

By the way, just to correct two inaccuracies in your post.

Grapevine voluntarily left the zone when he refused to answer my question about why he thought Lennon and Kiernan made a good central defensive pairing.

Tombstone was talking down to a bunch of others and then reverted to his gratuitous insults. I had no role in his banning whatsoever.

Grapevine and his alter ego Tombstone can post what they like as arrogantly as they want as far as I’m concerned - but they shoudn’t throw their toys out of the pram when others put forward reasonable alternative theories.

What do you make of Tombstone categorically denying that he was Grapevine by the way?

Back