• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell to Notts County

peanut12

Members
OK - the whole sports world has gone mad!

Insane Bolt runs so fast he finishes before he starts
Some bloke won a women's race
Manchester City have got a new credit card

and now

Sol Campbell has gone from Pompey to Notts County!!!
It was only Saturday when the Sun was saying he is the 2nd fastest player in the premiership.

WTF????????
Unbelievable Jeff

I thought L2 clubs could only spend 60% of their turnover on wages, so thats Schmeical and Campbell covered, the rest must be on a tenner a week ....

I think the most extraordinary thing is that he's signed a 5 year deal.

Yes, that's correct, the 34 year old has been handed a 5 year deal. Madness.

Just watching the press conference - it's like car crash TV with the manager contradicting Sol Campbell at least three times and getting the right hump with the press questions.

Sol: I could've signed for a Premier League side but I'm here for the future.
Press:
Is this a well-run club?
Sol: Believe me, there's a lot of shambolic Premier League clubs out there. They're not all run like well-oiled machines.
Press: Is Notts County run like a well-oiled machine?
Sol: It will be.
Manager: IT IS! Does that answer your question!?

This is all going to end in tears - certainly for the manager!

What a load of bollocks...signing a 5 year deal at 34...err he isn't in it for the money then.

This is just another example where football on the whole in this country has gone mad.

I thought L2 clubs could only spend 60% of their turnover on wages, so thats Schmeical and Campbell covered, the rest must be on a tenner a week ....

Indeed, no doubt it'll be funded via the holding company somewhere along the line.

Which is why I've often wondered how Col Ewe are funded on 4500 crowds, which equates to a turn over which is the square root of bugger all.

Indeed, no doubt it'll be funded via the holding company somewhere along the line.

Which is why I've often wondered how Col Ewe are funded on 4500 crowds, which equates to a turn over which is the square root of bugger all.

I bet with crowds that size they have more fingers and toes than us combined

I think the most extraordinary thing is that he's signed a 5 year deal.

Yes, that's correct, the 34 year old has been handed a 5 year deal. Madness.

He was asked about that in the press conference as well. He said he reckoned he could play for another three years.

If he reckons he can only play for another three years, then why give him a five year contract? Bearing in mind it's just a playing contract, no coaching involved.....

Back