• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you’ve got to do is watch his latest Instagram story to see how much of an odd ball he is!

so very weird ... shrimpers loving a non league man and hating a big time chap

Nothing weird about it. Being a football manager is a results driven business. Reputation as a past player counts for very little as a manager. On that basis, MM's demonstrated commitment and impressive performance as Weymouth's boss has created tremendous enthusiasm for his appointment at Southend.

MM is more "us" as well. Yes Ron likes a name, but Sol was just an oddball. He never once tried to please the fanbase, when lets face it, a good fist pump after a win is all it would have taken, All the other **** and allegations aside, he called us southampton ffs, which to me really summed it all up. I dont care how hamstrung you are by internal money issues and broken promises, He seemed to me to just be playing a game to stroke his ego, and i think he has blown his "managerial" career in a big way with his unprofessional antics.

its an oddity, a weird moment, hopefully we can just go back to being a competing L2 L1 side and in years to come we will see posts saying "remember when campbell managed us" and we can all laugh about it.

oh no ! its a heat wave ... no need to be horrid ... everyone knows I love Sol to bits -

But I do have to admit compared to winning National League South his list of successes do not really compare.
The Cowley Brothers started off in the bottom, not too shabby record now whilst given a chance

Well said Ollie.

There is more but if victims want to move on then we are certainly not going to name names at the request of someone trolling.......For those that cant accept it.....Tough luck. Not all can be revealed on here.

From now on any such requests should be removed from threads by the mods, as it could lead to real trouble for the zone

Even the football side of the Sol saga has been flogged to death so lets move on... We all have far more important thing s to talk about.

Right, let me make this crystal clear (because we’ve mentioned it before on threads about Sol Campbell): we will not tolerate any open discussion about rumours relating to any alleged actions during our previous manager’s tenure which could have a legal ramification for ShrimperZone.

This is not about what may or may not be true, it is about the Zone and our desire to not have any chance in any circumstances of being sued. We do not have pockets as deep as others, so it would be a short battle should it ever come to it. If you want to discuss anything remotely controversial please crack on offline, or even by PM if you must, but not in these forums. Any post which is remotely controversial will be deleted in its entirety and if the same poster has two posts removed from this point forwards it will be an automatic short ban - you have been warned.

This thread is now ONLY about the future footballing career of Sol Campbell. We also do not want any more discussion or comment on his social media please.

Thanks

Right, let me make this crystal clear (because we’ve mentioned it before on threads about Sol Campbell): we will not tolerate any open discussion about rumours relating to any alleged actions during our previous manager’s tenure which could have a legal ramification for ShrimperZone.

This is not about what may or may not be true, it is about the Zone and our desire to not have any chance in any circumstances of being sued. We do not have pockets as deep as others, so it would be a short battle should it ever come to it. If you want to discuss anything remotely controversial please crack on offline, or even by PM if you must, but not in these forums. Any post which is remotely controversial will be deleted in its entirety and if the same poster has two posts removed from this point forwards it will be an automatic short ban - you have been warned.

This thread is now ONLY about the future footballing career of Sol Campbell. We also do not want any more discussion or comment on his social media please.

Thanks

Of course this is a very very overdue statement...

Anyone publishing on the internet should do so responsibly.

I should think the moderators should be having a word with those posters making allegations.

Ban me if you want but the people pushing the zone towards dangerous areas are those who use this platform to post allegations and rumours.

An unpleasant episode where a fans platform has been badly misused. What has happened over this does not stand up to any sort of scrutiny at all. On multiple levels.

Anyway I do hope the Zone has dodged a bullet here - pm me if you think advice about indemnity insurance could be useful .

I should think the moderators should be having a word with those posters making allegations.

Ban me if you want but the people pushing the zone towards dangerous areas are those who use this platform to post allegations and rumours.

An unpleasant episode where a fans platform has been badly misused. What has happened over this does not stand up to any sort of scrutiny at all. On multiple levels.

Anyway I do hope the Zone has dodged a bullet here - pm me if you think advice about indemnity insurance could be useful .
I hope you take your own advice after stating that Sainsbury’s gave us £5m

Ps when I was owner of this site we had a warning from the Football League over a video Kenny shared. Luckily a poster is a barrister and we managed to sort it amicably. Always assume people are reading the forum

If he can eradicate some of the laid back manner which caused him to give away a couple of goals last year then he’ll be a player. He has all the attributes. Hopefully he’s one that Sol actually gave a bit of coaching too, as he’s someone that would’ve had a lot to gain from it.

Sol did coach non stop through games -

I would be surprised if he did not also coach in training - but I don't actually know anything about that

Sol did coach non stop through games -

I would be surprised if he did not also coach in training - but I don't actually know anything about that

Coaching non stop during games does nothing but unsettle players, annoy them and display a huge lack of trust towards them.

It’s my opinion that this was and is one of the major reasons that Sol has and will fail as a manager. He is no longer a player. He was and remains one of the great players this country has produced but that’s not what managing is about.

The problem you have (in any job) is you spend your life trying to be as good as you can be at your job. You receive training for it and are rewarded with success by promotions. Eventually you are promoted to the position of manager and at that point your job isn’t doing the job you’ve done all your life it’s helping the people to do the job you’ve done al your life.

One of the main issues with Sol is that he couldn’t or wouldn’t understand players needed help. His approach of I know how to do it, why can’t you do it didn’t help anyone and his constant chess playing tactics with players on a match day sucked the life out of them.

Imagine your boss waking in on you every 3 minutes and telling you exactly how to do the job, even though you were either already doing it or about to do it that way anyway. You’d lose motivation, you’d stop thinking for yourself and you’d end up thinking he was a *!$t

Oh and by the way I have it on good authority he was a **** coach ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back