• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol Campbell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lockdown mania ... perhaps overdoing the analysis here .. I bet someone could ID the brand on those glasses and that watch is probably not a Timex
Can't help with the glasses but based on the strap and the hexagonal case, I'd say the watch is an Audemars Piguet Royal Oak. So no, not cheap.

Haha. It's a personal obsession of mine. Always been fascinated by mechanical watches and watchmaking

Without seeing which model, I'd say between £8k and £40k.

I have a couple of special watches, one is 12 years old and is actually worth more now than what I paid for it.

I have a couple of special watches, one is 12 years old and is actually worth more now than what I paid for it.
Yeah, and that's the point. He'll have dropped some money on it but he probably won't have lost much on the purchase if he ever decides to sell it, and AP hold their value pretty well.

Haha. It's a personal obsession of mine. Always been fascinated by mechanical watches and watchmaking.

Me too. Not that I can afford them though. I do get to see some very nice ones when I go round to my brother-in-law's. He always wears seriously expensive watches, and seems to change them on a regular basis too.

I had a dream about Sol last night. He was very, very down. Quite tearful at times. I couldn't help him to get to the bottom of what his distress was about and I was quite worried for his mental well-being. When I was walking with him (in one of those streets between Westborough Road and Fairfax Avenue) to help him to find his car, he gave out a couple of little coughs. I told him that I was worried that he might have Coronavirus too. He said, "Oh yeah, I need to be careful about that." We found his car eventually - it stuck out (literally) as it was parked at a funny angle.

Last edited:
I have two dollars...and a Casio.

In fact I have quite a collection of Casio watches. Why anyone would want to spend over £30 on a watch is beyond me.

Last edited:
I have two dollars...and a Casio.

In fact I have quite a collection of watches. Why anyone would want to spend over £30 on a watch is beyond me.

Think £40 is most i've spent on my current Swatch at Gatwick duty free.

Sol trending on twiter today due to Sterlings comments ..

nothing about his watch ;-)

Surely mods this is off topic, and not to do with Sol, if you want a watch forum, open one up but not on this one

I saw an English watchmaker interviewed on TV many years ago, mainly about how difficult it is to recruit apprentices. He makes bespoke watches, and only manages about 1-2 a year. The interviewer asked him what he charges. He said they start at around £150,000. You should have seen the look on the interviewer's face!

For the life of me I can't remember his name, but his watches were just stunning.

Edit: Found him:

Roger Smith

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back