• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sport Special Live From Burroughs Park

looks like Francis is getting plenty of match practise.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOALFLASH~~~~~~~~
Harrold gives us the lead for the first time. A nice worked team effort with sharp 1-2 interpassing finishing with Harrold slotting into the net from 12 yards.

Great Wakering; 2 Southend United; 3

Well what do you what SKY? :-)

nah, this is miles better. They would probably be calling us Stockport and have eleven Francis's.

Have some positive rep for a great effort.

Harrold must be the equivelent of James Lawson this time last year. He was banging them in in preseason, and then he went from strength to strength. :rolleyes:

I know they're only meaningless friendlies agiant poor opposition, but it's good to see Harrold, Paynter, Bradders and Mcdonald have all found the back of the net so far. Goals breed confidence in strikers!

Lets be honest 10 goals from 2 games is very good. I think its Canvey up next, so lets hope Foran & Hooper get on the score sheet.

Good work on the reporting chaps - bloody fine work

Tannis Testament from Burroughs park.
We played very disjointed in the first half playing a 3-4-3 formation, the trialist was rubbish and Flavs was rounded for one of the goals. The only highlight was the brawl at half time.

Second half, we reverted to 4-4-2 with Harrold and Paynter being a constant threat. Interestingly Bailey wasn't there but Foran looked OK for his first runout. Moose played the 90 and did well. Black, you can see the quality in his touch but still a bit rusty. Wilson had a very off day. Sir Adam, Kev and Gower did their usual dependable duties and Paynter and Harrold look like they could be at the start of an understanding together. Highlight of this half being Paynter's blinding volley.

Hope you enjoyed the coverage,it has been Tannis at Borough's Park.
This has been a sports special for SoL / Zone joint productions from the Basildump studios, so long till Canvey.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets be honest 10 goals from 2 games is very good. I think its Canvey up next, so lets hope Foran & Hooper get on the score sheet.

Good work on the reporting chaps - bloody fine work

Thanks

I know it's very early but I'm starting to have a good feeling about Matty Harrold.

my lowdown....

flavs - shakey but with a crap CB infront was let down bigtime for the goals
hammell - usual hammell, played the ball around well but 3 at the back really didn't suit him
trialist/youth - dunno his name but he was terrible... can head the ball but fell over it when playing a pass and was woeful
hunt - had a quick winger to deal with and was solid, and pushed up at times
macca- bossed the midfield around... was more of a captain than hammell
moussa - pick of the 1st half... strong in the tackle and in the air and passed the ball well
foran - did ok but would still like to see him up front
jcr - looks to have worked on his crossing.. did well today
bradbury - linked up well but little infront of goal
macdonald - twists and turns well and got a few decent shots off... looks like a decent fox in the box
hooper - was pretty poor today IMO... not really with it and i think found it hard as the midfield and frontline was pretty cramped..

so the first half we probably learnt that 343 doesnt work and the trialist was awful

collis - never troubled and looked really comfortable
francis - was really impressed, looked solid and attacked well
clarke and barrett - the usual.. noone had a sniff but lack of height was noticable
che - did ok
black - definitely got something about him, pretty quick and awesome eye for a pass and cross... seems to want to play the game at a much faster pace but needs to work on his fitness... also looks like an older messi!
maher - as usual did well
moussa - again looked really impressive
gower - rusty and fitness seemed to lack, but linked up well with 'the regulars'
harrold - good finish but his link up play was dire... he just doesnt have the touch or vision like bradbury but will probably score more goals
paynter - great finish but other than that, didn't do much. played the ball around well but i thought harrold didn't give paynter much of a chance in the box by taking everything off him and mi****ing passes to him

bailey was there but wasn't in a training kit.

IMO im not sure if we will see wholesale changes from last season... it could well be bradbury and harrold up front.

i was really impressed with black, moussa and francis. hooper was the only player i was disappointed with, he has a lot to prove

Last edited:
Delighted Paynter scored, sounds like a cracker, his first proper goal for us (the one against brighton went in off his ****), hopefully the start of many more and a new more confident player, i can see him being one of our first choice strikers next season. Harrold, 4 goals in 90 minutes, you can't complain with that ratio.

Back