• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Extra Live from Victoria Road.

Kim Mitten with our SoL player Cam has been following OJI and has a different idea to his worth.
On tracking his players he hasn't got a clue, Flavs was at fault for the second goal but if OJI had tracked the player he would have put in a challenge.
On heading he's not bad and pacey but he can see why Brum wanted to off load him. On the hand ball he seemed to launch himself towards the ball in the center of the box with both hands , of which it clearly struck one of them.
Daggers are a direct phyisical team,they get the ball out to the wings and cross it in as fast as possible.
It's still raining with lots of surface water but we are trying to play but the ball does 1 bounce and goes miles.
Some of the players don't look bothered and agrees that Flavs has been outstanding in goal for us and Clarky has been good as well. Adam 's lucky with his header against the bar but we're still in it.

Got a report from Bluemoon and he's had it, soaked to the bone and it seems like two pub teams mucking about. No one really wants to get hold of the game although Daggers have made 2 subs and Macca's just had a shot on goal but thats all really. I think he's coming home to dry off.

meanwhile from Lucky B#####D a quick joke to cheer you all up. loads of blokes at a bucking bronco contest - 1 bloke manages to stay on for 10 mins.his mate says bugger me how did you manage that? hes says my wifes epileptic.boom boom im here all week.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Goal Flash ! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Daggers; 2 Southend Uinted; 2 Harrold X 2 pen

Macca brought down and Harrold cooly with a brilliant confident strike to the topright hand corner.

che is right footed and is a decent full back sort it out tilly

funny how all you people who say che isnt good enough did you actually go the year we were champions

che played every game!

arguably he was the weakest link in many of them! Tilly knows all about Che - this game is about seeing what Oji is like at right back.

Kim Mitten reports that Macca has made a difference but still a poor showing albeit in terrible conditions. Macca had found himself in 4 good clear shot on goal positions but decided to pass it instead. Hoops has had a chance but Maher must be feeling the cold as his passing is somewhat off a bit.
It also seems to be a lucky penalty award to us but who cares, Macca went down under challenge.

The crowd like the water level has swelled to the 1000 mark with the Shrimpers who made the journey west making up most of the crowd.

us getting another penalty is that one in every friendly now?

back to the che thing! he's shown loyalty to this club and is a great servant hasnt exactly come out and slagged off tilly for not giving him a go last year!
and even after not playing and having other offers one i think was orient he's signing a new deal
top bloke!

us getting another penalty is that one in every friendly now?

back to the che thing! he's shown loyalty to this club and is a great servant hasnt exactly come out and slagged off tilly for not giving him a go last year!
and even after not playing and having other offers one i think was orient he's signing a new deal
top bloke!

Agreed top pro.

Go on Matty Harrold,the old ginger wizard is on fire , i stated that he would be lucky to bag 10-13 goals this season but if he carries on like this i might have to eat my words.
I can't see how tilly can not start him at the start of the season if he carry's this on.

Kim Mitten reports that Daggers had 1 shot on goal in the second half Moose was AWESOM! Maher was far too wayward with his passing tonight. As for OJI he's a great tackler but does have a problem reading the game, playing at right back he naturally drifts into the center of the park which leaves the right hand side completely open.

Our No 1 reporter Tannis reports that Moose played ablinder as did his MOTM Flavs, Clarky was worthy of praise. Hoops had a gilt edged header from 6 yards out that went more towards the corner flag than the goal and agreed with Kim that Maher was a bit off tonight but reckons that OJI even though playing out of position is worth a shout.
He got better the longer the game went on. Both our guys agreed we didn't wake up until the last 15 or 20 minutes or so and we could have nicked it with Moose's 2 efforts.
The boys want to do the pretty stuck with little trickes and flicks which didn't come off, Tannis added. Not really a game to come too and showboat really and should have played the simple stuff more.
Yes the conditions were terrible but they are professional footballers and should be able to adapt, then again it is a preseason friendly.

For SoL Sports Extra this has been Wino in the nice and dry studio with a bottle of red and thanks goes to our reporter tonight, Tannis, Lee Jnr B#####D, Bluemoon and Kim Mitten.
Till next time so long.

This has been a SoL / Zone Production

Last edited:
Thanks once again to TWW and the team. Superb and very informative reporting.

che is right footed and is a decent full back sort it out tilly

funny how all you people who say che isnt good enough did you actually go the year we were champions

che played every game!

Mostly on the left If I recall correctly.

Good reporting, looks like TBTV has some competition.

Back