• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Extra Live from Victoria Road.

Only 4 subs tonight - Collis,McDonald,Ademeno and McLaughlin of which only the latter played.

We know Hunt,Francis and Bailey are injured but where were Paynter,Wilson,Foran and Black - not all injured are they?.:(

Fairly poor performance from the boys today. Never really looked like scoring and my neutral friend pointed out that if he hadn't have known which team had played in the championship last season he would have said it was the daggers. Squad of 16 today, and only 12 players featured. Tilson mentioned that none of the boys that played today will play against Maldon. He was right to play this Oji kid at right back as he said that he was may be looking to bring someone in as cover and if we were to sign Oji he would probably have to play there at some point.
Putting my scouting hat on i would say that he has potential although his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. He is strong quick and powerful and decent on the ball but lost his man too easily, it's fair to say right back is not his preferred position. As a centre back he could be a good aquisition and he doesn't bottle any tackles. Not very good conditions to make an impact but he was ok if not flawless.
Nobody played particularly well, although it was clear to see that Clarke is a very good player and AB is worthy of his god like status. He never missed a trick today. Other than that nobody really shone at all.

Last edited:
Kim Mitten reports that Daggers had 1 shot on goal in the second half Moose was AWESOM! Maher was far too wayward with his passing tonight. As for OJI he's a great tackler but does have a problem reading the game, playing at right back he naturally drifts into the center of the park which leaves the right hand side completely open.

Our No 1 reporter Tannis reports that Moose played ablinder as did his MOTM Flavs, Clarky was worthy of praise. Hoops had a gilt edged header from 6 yards out that went more towards the corner flag than the goal and agreed with Kim that Maher was a bit off tonight but reckons that OJI even though playing out of position is worth a shout.
He got better the longer the game went on. Both our guys agreed we didn't wake up until the last 15 or 20 minutes or so and we could have nicked it with Moose's 2 efforts.
The boys want to do the pretty stuck with little trickes and flicks which didn't come off, Tannis added. Not really a game to come too and showboat really and should have played the simple stuff more.
Yes the conditions were terrible but they are professional footballers and should be able to adapt, then again it is a preseason friendly.

For SoL Sports Extra this has been Wino in the nice and dry studio with a bottle of red and thanks goes to our reporter tonight, Tannis, Lee Jnr B#####D, Bluemoon and Kim Mitten.
Till next time so long.

This has been a SoL / Zone Production

Well done Wino, just back from Espana and was having Blues withdrawal symptoms.

Fairly poor performance from the boys today. Never really looked like scoring and my neutral friend pointed out that if he hadn't have known which team had played in the championship last season he would have said it was the daggers. Sqwuad of 16 today, and only 12 players featured. Tilson mentioned that none of the boys that played today will play against Maldon. He was right to play this Oji kid at right back as he said that he was may be looking to bring someone in as cover and if we wrre to sign Oji he would probably have to play there at some point.
Putting my scouting hat on i would say that he has potential although his positional sense leaves a lot to be desired. He is strong quick and powerful and decent on the ball but lost his man too easily, it's fair to say right back is not his preferred position. As a centre back he could be a good aquisition and he doesn't bottle any tackles. Not very good conditions to make an impact but he was ok if not flawless.
Nobody played particularly well, although it was clear to see that Clarke is a very good player and AB is worthy of his god like status. He never missed a trick today. Nobody really shone at all.

fair point about Oji. Tilly must be expecting some bodies to come in for us to field a different 11 againt Maldon

If the coffee hasnt been smelt till date, then todays game was all the Nescafe Gold Blend and Mawell House we needed. A drab affair at best, which would've made good viewing for the crossbar/post challenge on Soccer AM. The guy behind us was screaming all manner of obscenities from the stand, and all i can say is, we were all thinking the same. For the first 45 we were run ragged by our lowly opposition. Our midfield was non-existent, and our strikeforce, easily contained by their opposite numbers.

...On the topic of Oji, played out of position, and in all fairness, put in a 6 out of 10 performance, but he is no rightback. Defensively, with games, you can see the potential, he's got the pace for recovery, and wins his fair share of headers. In the centre of defence, he'd look, and has looked much better. Its a shame that we wasted his second outing of a maximum 2, by playing him out of position. A central role would've offered a better assessment of what he can do.

...Before the season starts, theres alot of sorting out to be done. The wide areas look like being a problem!

The Glyn Hopkin Stadium me thinks, the daggers fans still call it Victoria Road.

Nope, this was lifted from Daggers official site:-

Final score from the London Borough of Barking and Dagenham Stadium
Dagenham and Redbridge 2 (Nurse 3, Sloma 30)
Southend United 2 (Harrold 12 + 81 (pen))

I thought the midfield was all wrong in the first half. Once macca came on and applied some physical presence we were far better.

The Moose is great when he has the ball at his feet. But very innefectual when he hasnt.

Back