• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Special Late from Chelmsford

sounds wicked about maccy-d... really think tilly got a good player in and with a bit of faith he could well the difference between midtable obscurity and promotion....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~FULL TIME ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelmsford City; 3 Southend United; 4 ; Bradders pen Black X2 MacDonald ( WonderGoal!)
Wanye, Wanye Jr
ASBOLLA

Another win, sounds like a good performance by the boys as well. Can't wait to hear about the performance.

My very worthless 'green' rep to both of you :)

Thats very kind of you .....Have some back for being so naive:angel:

Why does your sig say bring back Billy ..has he gone somewhere again that only you know of.:D

Great work Mr Wino as per normal :)

Re: SoL Sports Special for our last Broadcast against Chelmsford City.
« Reply #135 on: Today at 10:02:56 PM » Quote Modify

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~FULL TIME ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chelmsford City; 3 Southend United; 4 ; Bradders pen Black X2 MacDonald ( WonderGoal!)
Wanye, Wanye Jr
ASBOLLA

Tannis Testiment.
On the keeper, Andersen is just like Flavs, he don't move far off his line for corners, some good saves though and he'sa only still a pup.
Che was alright I guess, made a lovely run for Blacks second goal, not sure it warrents a frst team though?
Black was pretty good and again showed that he is probably the best 1 on 1 player we have. 2 very good goals.
Peggy Lokando, he was alright, did what was asked and still have to remember he's still only 16/17 years old.

Bailey was fair to middling but he did far too many wayward passes under no pressure for my linking.
Richards is skightly better than Liptak but there is plenty to work with here.

MacDonald finally showed moe what all the hype was about,better movement and then an outstanding goal shows us some promise of whats to come.

Paynter was anonymous realy, had two half chances but still looks like he's lacking confidence.

Bradders was Well Bradders, did his usual thing but pulled away from some 50/ 50s but you can't blame him for that.
From Chelmsford I'm Tannis.

Well it's back this saturday and that means Wino's on the terrace again so it's the end of this SoL/ Zone joint venture. My thanks go to all the reporters and views submitted throughout the close season and beleive it or not we like you love Southend so don't take it personal about the views posted.
From Chelmsford our thanks go to PeteJan, Tannis No1, Bas Shrimper, Tuppy and from the SoL studios in Downtown Basildon, I'm Wino.
Cheers and lets get behind the lads like last year.
Come on you Shrimpers

Thanks WW and the team, your reports have been brilliant to read this pre-season.

Many thanks to the great WW and his team who have provided the rest of us with pretty instant knowledge from all the friendlies.

Thanks

Ken

So all these friendlies and not even one clean sheet and against these small oppositions doesnt really look too good defence wise!

Another win, sounds like a good performance by the boys as well. Can't wait to hear about the performance.

Apart from the 3...

Agree with s_l though, no clean sheets isn't exactly slit your wrists time but it's not great either....

The lack of clean sheets is a slight worry but I'm not too concerned about tonight's defensive frailties as we didn't exactly have our first choice defensive line playing!

I see no relevance in the goals conceded.

The back 5 arent the back 5 who will start against Orient so it bears no reflection on how they will perform.

I see no relevance in the goals conceded.

The back 5 arent the back 5 who will start against Orient so it bears no reflection on how they will perform.

True, but wouldn't it have been nice to see them line up together and keep a clean sheet? Personally, I would have played my first 5 in preparation for the start. Maybe the Crawley game would have given me second thoughts mind.

Back