• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Special Live from Crawley Town

Thanks yous go out to Lucky B#####D, Tannis and to MikeySUFC for their imputs and veiws from The Broadfield Stadium.
Regardless of result, our hopes are that Hammell is Ok up and running very soon.
From the SoL Sports Special Studio in downtown Basildon, I'm Wino, So long.

This has been a joint SoL / Zone production.

well done fellas and thanks for the updates and goodluck on your road to recovery Hammy

Foran's sending off will count for a league match won't it ?

I'm not sure. Jonathan Douglas and Jermaine Beckford both got sent off playing for Leeds United against Energie Cottbus in Germany last month, but according to the Leeds Official Site "as the sending-offs came in a friendly match, their respective bans will only be applicable to reserve team football and not first team games".

well we have gilbert for leftback and hunty for right back imo, bad news though

Ref Mr Singh lost the plot early on by not booking the thug that went through Flavs, They were a dirty side and it wasnt suprising that Hammell got smashed like he did. As for Forans sending off i didnt see it, all i saw was there guy lash out at Macca.

Richards i thought looked very strong he likes to play the long ball down the wings.

Gilbert was superb and can see the class ooozing.

Flavs i felt had a good game making some important stops.

My fear and it is only based on 1 pre season (today) is that we didnt look that effective up front. Hoops was the most lively. Maconald didnt do anything.

Some of DtS banter towards Bays was first class and had me and The bloke in the pram shop in stictches.

Last edited:
Ref Mr Singh lost the plot early on by not booking the thug that went through Flavs, They were a dirty side and it wasnt suprising that Hammell got smashed like he did.

Is that the same Mr Singh that has refereed at the hall? if so he is bloody useless!!

well we have gilbert for leftback and hunty for right back imo, bad news though

Bad news indeed, let's hope Hammell's injury isn't too serious. I think it will be the other way round regarding Gilbert and Hunt, by the way. Hunt played at left-back for several games last season so I don't see why Tilly would prefer Gilbert there when he's obviously a revelation at right-back.

Having said that, I'd be tempted to play Barrett at LB with Clarke (assuming fit) and Richards in the centre.

Tannis reckons that Hoops and Bradders have to be the starting two up front against Borient as they DO seem to have an understanding with each other. Could it be another Goat and Peanut senario?

What, neither will be playing league football in a year's time?

What, neither will be playing league football in a year's time?

Harsh!

I'd go along with the Bradders/Hoops partnership actually. MacDonald seems to be flattering to deceive at the moment. Bradbury's experience and know how could be just what Hooper needs.

Harsh!

I'd go along with the Bradders/Hoops partnership actually. MacDonald seems to be flattering to deceive at the moment. Bradbury's experience and know how could be just what Hooper needs.

Agreed, of all the various partnerships I've seen this season, Bradbury and Hooper seem to have the better understanding.

can't see bradders and hoops starting against orient. think tilly will go for harrold to start. not my choice but i reckon he will start him.

my choice at the moment would be paynter and hoops/mcdonald

can't see bradders and hoops starting against orient. think tilly will go for harrold to start. not my choice but i reckon he will start him.

my choice at the moment would be paynter and hoops/mcdonald

how can you justify putting paynter in the starting lineup. he has looked crap this pre season and every other striker has looked far much better

but that we had 2 players in the box to start off with. A situation that happened so rarely last season it contributed hugely to our downfall.
But was that because they didnt think they woud get decentball played in?

I've always thought Singh was one of the better refs I've seen at the Hall actually.

He looks remarkably like the Ref from our friendly up at Daggers the other week..If it's him he was ok there and he took the chants of Monty Monty quite well.

Back