• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL SPORTS SPECIAL, Live from Maldon's Park Drive

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Yes good evening and welcome to SoL/ Zone Sports Special with our live Satellite coverage from Maldon town's Wallace Binder Stadium. Our reporters for this evening are Tannis our cheir reporter, PeteJan our North of Essex correspondent while backed up by Shrimper Dan,Tuppy, 2 hour Mick and Wildheart.

In the studio I'm Wino and joined today by a special guest of SoL/ Zone, the one, the only, Jay Shrimper .
And as Bluemoon sets up his WiFi we've had some action already, Steve collis turned up earlier and is reported to have forgot his kit. A puzzled Tilly sent him home to get it and off he roared.

Well Jay welcome to the studio and what do you think of that then?

The weather is slight drizzle, no wind. We are playing in red and the team is as follows:-

Collis, Maher, Liptak, Ademeno, McDonald, Che, Hunt, Foran, Macca, Bailey and a youthy at right back.

Interesting formation, what do you think?

Typical Southend, can't afford to lend him a kit for the match, can they? :D

Thanks for inviting me to the studio, Wino. Although I do have one thing to say; do you report drunk? Theres an awful amount of empty drink bottles around. It also smells like it. Oh my! Look at all them creatures in the corner, this place needs a clear out.

Lets hope todays match isn't as bad as the studio.

So whos playing where?! Not the strongest of teams we could have fielded.

Come on your blues!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOAL FLASH ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maldon Town 0 Southend Utd 1

Straight from kickoff, McDonald tearing off down the end, ball coming over for an easy tap in for Macca

And the crowd gooooooo crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!

Easy, Easy, Easy.

I hadn't even settled in yet, and the first goals gone in.

Here's to many more.

Who needs Harrold, when we've got Macca and McD?

Zoltan's what we needed. A tall player. Hopefully we can start to look dangerous from set pieces.

How do you think he's settling in?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Just to add Jay that reports coming in say that every corner we're getting if Zoltan doesn't get his head to it he shoots instead, is he the new Freddy Eastwood in disguise ?

I thought he was a defender?

Hopefully he'll chip in with some important goals this coming season.

Go on the Zoli!

Honestly? I think a mid-table finish is in order. Finishing mid-table comfortably would, for me, show a good season for us. I can't see us finishing any higher than 8th, but if we do, I'd be more than happy.

Top scorer, I expect/hope to be McDonald, or Harrold.

Go on the Blues!

I'll be hoping for a little high in the play offs really but Harrold ? MaDonald could be a good shout.
PeteJan reports we're playing like donkeys on Southend beach? and that Little Big Ron has just passed them and waved to them as he found his seat in the main stand. Around400is there of the Shrimper following around a 100.

Thought a few more than 100 would have gone, but still, thats quite a few for a non-important match.

Why not Harrold? If he continues to bang in the goals like he has been, he could be the top scorer. I very much doubt he can be, or that he will be, but why not give the lad a chance? LOL.

So Jay who do you think are going to be the dark horses this season and what game you looking forward too?

I think Doncaster could surprise a few people and I'm most looking forward to the first game of the season. It's been ages since I last saw a match. What better way than to kick the season of at home to your rivals?

How about you?

opps technical problems.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOAL FLASH ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Maldon Town 1 Hunt OG :Southend Utd 1 Macca

PeteJan reports a Hunt misunderstanding and the ball trickled into the goal.

Back