• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Special, Live from Park Lane.

The Watermill Wino

Coach Guru⭐
Tilly's back in town.
Live from a grey, overcast Park Lane, our reporter is Tenascious Tannis, Tuppy, Lucky B, Bas Shrimper, etc. In our Basildump studios via satelite I'm Wino and this is a joint SoL/ Zone production.

We are playing in red tonight and the beer was £2.40 per pint for IPA. Team is as follows:-

Collis, Sir Adam of Barrett, Hammell, Maher, Francis, OJI, Gower, JCR, Macca, Harrold and Hooper.

Kick off and it's a cagey start.

Last edited:
cool.. good to see harrold and hooper together, i want hooper to do well today. also will be good to see how Oji does in 442... i thought the trialist (although rubbish) was left out on his own on tuesday in the 343 formation

Is there commentary anywhere on the net .. apart from here?!

No offense to your commentary, it's great .. but I just prefer somewhere which is quick and detailed. =/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOAL FLASH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Canvey Island: 0 Southend United :1 Hooper

A curling freekick sent in by Gower decieved the keeper and spoiled the ball only for Hoops to be the fox in the box preditor and stab it home.

None taken. :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOAL FLASH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Penalty! Harrold recieved the ball and popped it through the defenders legs who inturn promptly brought him down.
Harrold took the kick and a proper keeper may have saved it as he placed it a yard off center.
Don't care as they all count.

Stella's dead for Enders fans.

It's half time at Park Lane and Southend are 2 goals to the good but it could and should have been more. Just before the whistle some neat work by Hooper found him taking the ball around the keeper and shooting only for it to come off the post.

OJI is quite pacey and seems to read the game very well as he is not flash with the ball but plays the simple stuff, a move that he did left the Canvey player spinning, wondering where he was. Francis is having a fantastic game and not treating as a friendly. He is going in with some crunching tackles one of which left one of their players on the deck. Macca took a knock but now seems to have run it off. JCR is running them ragged but still is holding the ball for too long at times. It seemed to take the team 25 minutes to warm up for this encounter but after that Southend are totally dominant in this friendly match at Canvey on Mud.

Canvey Island: 0 Southend United :2 Hooper , Harrold (pen)

"At Canvey on Mud." HAHA. That made me laugh.

Sounds like the teams having a blinder then? I hope we sign Oji, sounds like he'd be a pretty decent signing, to me. So long as he stops the goals being leaked, we don't need someone who can play fancy football. Roll on the second half.

Thanks for the updates, TWW.

Second half's underway, the team has changed again and is as follows:-

Darryl, Wilson, Clarky, Black, Bradders (with no number), Foran, Paynter and Moose.

Francis, Macca and OJI are still on from the first half.

Tuppy spoke on the sidelines with Bailey and he has a slight niggle with a knee injury. He hopes to be training Sunday for the Monday evening kickoff at Daggers. The crowd is around 600 ish and believe it or not, Canvey have unleashed their secret weapon.

Mel Capleton is in goal. Game On.

our depth is squad is starting to show if we can field two pretty strong teams like that and only need to keep 3 players from the first half

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~GOAL FLASH~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Canvey Island: 0 Southend United :3 Hooper, Harrold (pen), Moose

A nice piece of skill for a nice goal. Paynter linking up well with moose, passes from the wing to moose, He let the ball run under his studs to give him some room and shot into the Canvey goal giving Capleton no chance.

Back