• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Special v Vitesse Arnhem

ShrimperJim reports
A much, much better performance than West Ham, and things seem to be getting together nicely.
Players who seemed to shine tonight were: JCR, Gilbert, Bradbury and Hooper.

Tilly reckons he's close at knowing who his strongest 11 are, but he's gonna have problems in deciding whether to pick JCR or Black.

The team I reckon we will see against Orient is:

Flahavan
Gilbert, Clarke, Barrett, Hammell
Black, McCormack, Maher, Gower
Bradbury, MacDonald

Well it finished 3-2 to the Shrimpers and a good work out for the team . The floodlights are already off as the same thing with Gowers hair, now being a new Shrimper Scalped baldy.
This has been a SoL / Zone Sports Special, our thanks to ShrimperJim, Tannis, Bas Shrimper, Lucky B and co and from the Wino see you saturday for Crawley. So long.

Last edited:
ShrimperJim reports
A much, much better performance than West Ham, and things seem to be getting together nicely.
Players who seemed to shine tonight were: JCR, Gilbert, Bradbury and Hooper.

Tilly reckons he's close at knowing who his strongest 11 are, but he's gonna have problems in deciding whether to pick JCR or Black.

The team I reckon we will see against Orient is:

Flahavan
Gilbert, Clarke, Barrett, Hammell
Black, McCormack, Maher, Gower
Bradbury, MacDonald

Tilly is very much a loyalty sort of person. For this reason, I believe we'll probably see:

Flahavan
Hunt, Clarke, Barrett, Hammell
JCR, McCormack, Maher, Gower
Bradbury, Hooper

Subs:
Collis
Liptak
Bailey
Black
Macdonald

You have to feel a little sorry for Harrold. He's had a good pre season but I cant see him breaking into the first team. Its difficult having so many strikers because I cant see Paynter and Harrold being very patiant, not even being in the 16 man squad would be a massive blow for them.

08012051540032.jpg

Half time from the South Upper

Presumably their fans were all queuing up for burgers at the kiosks out of the picture on either side of the goal.

Tilly is very much a loyalty sort of person. For this reason, I believe we'll probably see:

Flahavan
Hunt, Clarke, Barrett, Hammell
JCR, McCormack, Maher, Gower
Bradbury, Hooper

Subs:
Collis
Liptak
Bailey
Black
Macdonald

You forgot Gilbert who must be sure thing for right back. His lob shot tonight was worth turning up for

JCR best player on the pitch tonight

Better than the 0-0 borefest I was expecting

Collis had nothing to do apart from pick the ball out of the net twice

Some people were ranting and raving....it was a meaningless (in the great scheme of things) friendly

Just got back from the game. I quite enjoyed it to be honest. Arnhem were very good technically and played some lovely football, pulling us apart at will. Didn't really do much with it after that though and both of their goals came from bad individual mistakes, from JCR & Liptak for the first and from Bailey & Liptak for the second.

We played alright, especially second half. JCR looked very good, MacDonald worked hard, Gilbert looks one hell of a player and his lob that hit the bar was awesome stuff.

As someone else said, Bradders & Hooper worked really well. Both worked their socks off and seemed to have a very good understanding of where eachother, and the rest of their teammates, were. Wouldn't mind seeing those two against Orient to be honest.

Just got back. 1st half was very dull, 2nd half was better. good goal from a corner for liptak. impressed with foran's and bradbury's, especially hooper taking it round the keeper and finding bradbury completely unmarked for the 3rd.

gilbert looks good, and his shot that came off the bar would have been a peach.

i was impressed with how strong we looked, but i have doubts about bailey. time will tell on him.

zoltan liptak i think will tunr out to be a good signing for us, he looks strong in the air, can pass the ball accurately. however, i think he will get caught out every now and again due to the language barrier. good example was at the corners where he was still trying to communicate with the other players as to who he was marking as the ball was coming in. but given time i think he will do good.

team for orient:

flavs
gilbert clarke barrett hammell
jcr gower maher foran
hooper bradbury

only going by the fact that mccormack must bestruggling to regain fitness and i feel bailey hasn't quite settled in yet. but i would think tilly will play bailey and maher in the centre and gower out left.

That display was several notches up on the stuff served up at the weekend. Thought it was a really enjoyable game and Vitesse are clearly a useful side who play some very good keep ball. We played some really lovely stuff as well, it is just a shame there were only 2,500 there to see it.

Good points:

Foran worked harder than he ever has done before. He was immense and this is coming from myself who thought who he was a waste of space from day one.

JCR didn't look to be affected by his injury and on that performance Black won't be starting next Saturday.

Gilbert looks a great bit of business. Like lightning, always looking to get on the overlap, not bad with the ball and how about a right back of ours chipping the keeper. Class.

Liptak looks a very tidy player. On the downside the communication issue is a problem. The first goal came because he was marking the player Paynter thought he should be marking. Paynter literally shoved Zoltan out the way leaving Zoltan trying to find his man as the corner was taken. Ability wise though he looks a shrewd signing indeed.

MacDonald continues to look useful, although I'd like to see him stuck in the 18 yard box a little more. He could be involved a little less outside the box for me.

Hooper came on and showed the masses of ability and awareness he possesses. There were several very classy touches and Bradders goal summed it up. With a bit of nurturing we've got ourselves a quality player.

Moussa once again showed just how damn good he is. Still 2 years left of being a teenager as well. He is going to be a top player at this rate, he's got everything.

Bailey was far, far better than Saturday. Tonight he showed why we paid the money we did for him. With Macca seemingly having trouble with his fitness, this is Bailey's chance.

Ta. ;)

Funniest moment of the night? Captain Kev completely blanking his former central midfield partner, a certain Mr Guttridge, as he shouted down to the players walking off from the pre match warm up. Brushy acknowledged him with a begrudging wave, but Tilly, like Kev, blanked his presence.

Thought you wanted to get away from the Hall, Luke?

Ta. ;)

Funniest moment of the night? Captain Kev completely blanking his former central midfield partner, a certain Mr Guttridge, as he shouted down to the players walking off from the pre match warm up. Brushy acknowledged him with a begrudging wave, but Tilly, like Kev, blanked his presence.

Thought you wanted to get away from the Hall, Luke?

Whereabouts was he? I didn't notice him! Perhaps he regrets being a c*nt and was thinking of what might have been?

:finger:

He was in the directors area for the whole game. He sat alongside Francis, McCormack and Ademeno.

he was just behind me, i felt like shouting abuse at him but as he was less than a metre from i decided to be a coward and keep quiet(apart from the occasional outburst of ZOLTAN!) i haveto say he seemed to be very friendly with the players and cant have destroyed the spirit too much

He also looked like he had a bit of a double chin too! Obviously too much time p!ssing it up!

cheers for the updates... im glad to hear that hooper and foran did well today because i haven't been impressed with them so far this pre-season.

Back