• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

SoL Sports Special v Vitesse Arnhem

just got back....

cant be bothered to write in depth!, so ill just point out a few of my thoughts....

Zoltan - really pleased. good passer, good header = i feel will turn out to be an excellent signing

hooper - definitely looking good(and only 19!)

Baily - better than sat as said before, did some excellant things, yet some poor mistakes/passes. great tackler though....with time, will be good.(allready can see he is a better footballer than gutteridge - who you cannot deny was excellent in league one)

gilbert - classy, quick(very) committed, despite being fairly slight in build. as said before, i think thats quite a coup getting him tbh.

foran - worked his socks off! total commitment, tackled with purpose and also put in a decent performance - and a nice goal.

JCR - why wont you pass it!!! looked good - but NO end product. I think Black will turn out to be much more valuble a player to us(despite being very off when he came on - but i get the impression he will add much more quality/vision in end product)

Conclusion

have to say,our squad is looking most pleasing. quality and skill flows throught the side and having been impressed with liptak/gilbert, i think our defence worries will be sorted! yes! chufed on the whole - its coming together well. the competition in midfiled is fierce, with many skillful AND commited AND tough tackelling players fighitng for places.

....just need that striker dont we - apart from that, we're very close to being a formidable force in legue one. At last i truly feel we have quality, desire and commitment in depth - potentialy we could have a very good season.

....just need that striker dont we - apart from that, we're very close to being a formidable force in legue one. At last i truly feel we have quality, desire and commitment in depth - potentialy we could have a very good season.

I don't think we even need the striker now, either. Bradbury, Hooper, Harrold and MacDonald have all looked like they have something to add to the team from the two friendlies that I've seen, and Paynter, Foran & Ademeno are there to keep them on their toes too. As I said in the other thread, if we can bring in a top quality finisher then brilliant, but I'd rather see us keep faith with the seven strikers we do have than gamble on bringing someone else in.

Yeah there's always the jan transfer window if we need another striker by then. another CB would be nice

just got back....

JCR - why wont you pass it!!! looked good - but NO end product. I think Black will turn out to be much more valuble a player to us(despite being very off when he came on - but i get the impression he will add much more quality/vision in end product)

Can't believe there is any criticism of JCR tonight. He was the best player on the park by a country mile. Every good thing we did came through him. Still you can't please everybody but I think I watched a different match.

You praise Foran and yet, apart from his goal, what did he actually contribute. He slid in for several tackles, which probably would have resulted in bookings during the season and even then didn't win the ball. At one point in the 2nd half, he lost the ball and just stood ther as the Arnhem player walked away with it, what commitment does that show.

I think the Vitesse site got it dead right.(well if i understood it they probably did).

Vitesse heeft woensdagavond de eerste van twee oefenduels op Engelse bodem met 3-2 verloren. In het Roots Hall Stadium, waar de gastheren twaalf jaar lang geen buitenlandse club op bezoek hadden gehad, verloor Vitesse niet eens onterecht.

De Arnhemmers kwamen tot twee keer toe op voorsprong. Eerst was het Fred Benson die de 0-1 liet aantekenen. Vervolgens was het de beurt aan de Engelsen die nog voor rust de gelijkmaker tegen de touwen schoten. Dit was tevens de ruststand.

Na de pauze was het Santi Kolk die Vitesse opnieuw op voorsprong zette. Maar ook nu konden de geelzwarten de voorsprong niet vasthouden. De Engelsen kwamen opnieuw op gelijke hoogte en gingen er uiteindelijk zelfs met de winst vandoor.

Volgens manager Voetbal Jan Streuer, kan Vitesse terugkijken op een redelijke eerste helft, maar was de tweede helft van een bedenkelijk niveau. De vele wissels, Vitesse liet alleen Velthuizen staan en bracht tien nieuwe veldspelers, kwamen het spel volgens hem niet ten goede.

Donderdag meer.

Opstelling Vitesse

Velthuizen, Verhaegh ('82 Van Mourik), Sprockel ('59 Espinoza), Van der Schaaf ('71 Van Diermen), Megrelishvili ('80 Due), Takak ('46 Bruinier), Yakubu ('71 Keizer), Kaya ('71 pryor), Yu Hai ('68 Esajas), Benson ('46 Kolk), Gommans ('80 Junker).

Klik HIER voor de wedstrijdstatistieken

I think the Vitesse site got it dead right.(well if i understood it they probably did).

Vitesse heeft woensdagavond de eerste van twee oefenduels op Engelse bodem met 3-2 verloren. In het Roots Hall Stadium, waar de gastheren twaalf jaar lang geen buitenlandse club op bezoek hadden gehad, verloor Vitesse niet eens onterecht.

De Arnhemmers kwamen tot twee keer toe op voorsprong. Eerst was het Fred Benson die de 0-1 liet aantekenen. Vervolgens was het de beurt aan de Engelsen die nog voor rust de gelijkmaker tegen de touwen schoten. Dit was tevens de ruststand.

Na de pauze was het Santi Kolk die Vitesse opnieuw op voorsprong zette. Maar ook nu konden de geelzwarten de voorsprong niet vasthouden. De Engelsen kwamen opnieuw op gelijke hoogte en gingen er uiteindelijk zelfs met de winst vandoor.

Volgens manager Voetbal Jan Streuer, kan Vitesse terugkijken op een redelijke eerste helft, maar was de tweede helft van een bedenkelijk niveau. De vele wissels, Vitesse liet alleen Velthuizen staan en bracht tien nieuwe veldspelers, kwamen het spel volgens hem niet ten goede.

Donderdag meer.

Opstelling Vitesse

Velthuizen, Verhaegh ('82 Van Mourik), Sprockel ('59 Espinoza), Van der Schaaf ('71 Van Diermen), Megrelishvili ('80 Due), Takak ('46 Bruinier), Yakubu ('71 Keizer), Kaya ('71 pryor), Yu Hai ('68 Esajas), Benson ('46 Kolk), Gommans ('80 Junker).

Klik HIER voor de wedstrijdstatistieken

I didn't think Harrold played :) . Lekker report.

Foran was ok, hardly "immense", cant recall him putting a good cross in. Bradbury turned the game really, his link up play was several notches above Paynter who was poor. Macdonald if he was quick he'd be a very good player.
Also mention for Hunt and Wilson, both excellent and will provide good versatility.
Gilbert is gonna be a cracking signing, JCR was superb and great set pieces.

Anyone know where Clarkey and Macca were??

So far, hardly a mention for Che - I thought he was quality thie evening, great passing, strong in the tackle and won his headers & not caught out of position. SIGN HIM UP!!

JCR, Gilbert, Foran, Zoltan and Bradders all looked like they are ready for L1.

Does anyone know who was the guy in black warming up/warming down the players? He was in black managerial kit,blondish hair, looked a bit like Kevin Kean who used to play for the Hamsters.

Also, who was Harvey on the bench? The player warming up I did not recognise looked to be in his mid 20s.

A good night out by the way for a friendly.

Does anyone know who was the guy in black warming up/warming down the players? He was in black managerial kit,blondish hair, looked a bit like Kevin Kean who used to play for the Hamsters.

Also, who was Harvey on the bench? The player warming up I did not recognise looked to be in his mid 20s.

Steve Parmenter? (our new kit-man)

Bradbury came on and gave paynter a lesson in how to hold the ball up/link play etc, I normally have a go at jcr and in the first half I was right cos he was ****, but I will give credit when due and in the 2nd half he played very well, he put plenty of crosses in and looked creative, keep it up please jcr.

Thought we looked a lot better last night, some of the best football I've seen this pre-season. I'm not going to go into detail as there's not much I can say that hasn't been said but overall it was an enjoyable game and - even though it was a friendly - it was heartening that we were creating a fair few good chances against decent opposition.

The guy in black was not Parmenter but don't know who he was.

Harvey is a youth team player who played at right back in the friendly at Maldon.

Call me crazy but my outlandish guess is that Steve Parmenter was the bloke collecting the training balls and cones with "SP" on the front of his shirt.

The woman I took along with me, to lose her Shrimper virginity as it was her first time at the Hall, was wonderfully impressed by McNasty's usage of the name Wim Kok during the match analysis.

Almost as impressed as my suggestion that the reason for Hai's squad number being 68 was that he owed a prostitute one after she had given him something much more memorable than a football shirt.

5 goals in 2 friendlys conceded, is it the class off opponent,or have we still got proplems at the back.

5 goals in 2 friendlys conceded, is it the class off opponent,or have we still got proplems at the back.

Both goals last night came from individual mistakes, when Liptak got confused about who he was marking and Bailey slipping up, practicallty putting their striker clean through.

Great evening out really enjoyed it..Nice to see us win at the Hall again!! Bradbury stood out for me.. and I really like the look of Gilbert

Back