• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sol thinks he’s managing Southampton...

I don't think there is anyone who does not understand how impossible the task facing Sol Campbell this year is, or I believe who doesn't at least at some level recognise that getting us middle of the form table since New Year is an achievement. Regrettably, there are, however, a number of people who pretend not to understand to suit various agendas.

To some extent this has always been the case- and its a football forum so all views are part and parcel of making it what it is- nonetheless not great...

More ever increasingly desperate hunting for something that the Victor’s and Victoria’s can find to whinge about Sol Campbell- he is not the problem and is going nowhere.

Seems to me some of it seems quite personally motivated which really is quite sad..

Spurs fans enjoying wading in as well. Absolutely tragic and surely a case for mass hard drive checks.

FWIW, a lot of my students also confuse Southampton with Southend,which is precisely why whenever I'm asked where I come from, I always say Southend-on-Sea.That stops the confusion.

FWIW, a lot of my students also confuse Southampton with Southend,which is precisely why whenever I'm asked where I come from, I always say Southend-on-Sea.That stops the confusion.

Er, they're Spanish I imagine?

It was just a slip of the tongue by SC, such a mountain out of a molehill when there's a huge ****ing mountain created by Ronny Martino on the horizon.

Think most of them (but not all) at the LFB would identify as French.I fully agree with your other point, btw.
On a more fun note than that molehill, this reminds me of travelling to one of the games last season. A French family were sitting in the same section of the train as me and were looking at the train map and to see where their destination was.

And the way they pronounced Southend Central was "Sootend Son-TRAHL".

I felt like it sounded so much classier in French. :Smile:

I got talking to them even though we were on a train and therefore it goes against everything I have been brought up to believe. They were lovely people.

A recent Instagram post from sol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200214-105025_Twitter.jpg
    Screenshot_20200214-105025_Twitter.jpg
    756.9 KB · Views: 90
Can we move all this to another part of the site? Its nothing to do with football? Those interested in following his every move on social media can then do so in a specific area to their heart's delight...:-)

Dont laugh the way Southampton are going that could be true come next season

Back