• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News SOL Wants More From His Attack

Perhaps playing a young midfielder who can create something would help.

He should be demanding more from 90% of the players, a lot of them just ain’t up to it, harder getting players out of the club now, will be easier at the end of the season.

Perhaps playing a young midfielder who can create something would help.

Its not just the midfield, when the ball gets up there we do very little with it.

Humphrys has a lot of the skills required but he at times is too selfish and to lazy. He needs to up his game, I think a quick kick up the backside by being on the bench would help that personally. Charlie deserves a chance and for me Hopper deserves to play if we are playing 2 up top

Its not just the midfield, when the ball gets up there we do very little with it.

Humphrys has a lot of the skills required but he at times is too selfish and to lazy. He needs to up his game, I think a quick kick up the backside by being on the bench would help that personally. Charlie deserves a chance and for me Hopper deserves to play if we are playing 2 up top
TBH I think Humprhys put in quite a shift on Saturday much more of a shift than Hopper.

TBH I think Humprhys put in quite a shift on Saturday much more of a shift than Hopper.

I said on another post we saw the best and worst of him at times, his energy chasing some balls was incredible (usually only goes for balls within 10 yards of him), his strength on the ball was great. But then we saw the selfish part when not putting Mantom in (led to Milligans terrible freekick) and at times his desire to work a shot from distance which didnt materialise rather than pass.

As I say he has it all the skills but needs to put them together.

Is Andrew Cole not there to improve the strikeforce? Not being funny but Hopper, Humphrys and Kelman have talent between them all. All seemed capable of hitting the target pre-Campbell. Humphrys seems to have been in decline since removing his mask, his confidence looks shot .. on top of that Humphrys and Hopper do not appear to be on the same wavelength at all. Hopefully something new will be tried on Sat .. Kelman looked very keen against Tranmere - Hutch being left in the cold I don't get either, he's obviously p*ssed on Sol's chips.

To be fair Humphrys hasn't scored since late September (maybe very early October) which was pre Sol. I think Hopper has scored under Sol. So maybe he and Kelman should be the front two.

Don't get the hutch thing at all, think he should be in the side personally, Mantom, Hutch and Demi doesn't sound to bad as a midfield on paper

To be fair Humphrys hasn't scored since late September (maybe very early October) which was pre Sol. I think Hopper has scored under Sol. So maybe he and Kelman should be the front two.

Don't get the hutch thing at all, think he should be in the side personally, Mantom, Hutch and Demi doesn't sound to bad as a midfield on paper
Hopper HAS scored but the first was laid on a plate by Cox, something isn't clicking and surely our attacking play should be improving. Hopper needs someone on his wavelength and Humphrys isn't the one .. a solution needs finding quick. Hopper is class .. but he needs the right partner/service.

Hopper HAS scored but the first was laid on a plate by Cox, something isn't clicking and surely our attacking play should be improving. Hopper needs someone on his wavelength and Humphrys isn't the one .. a solution needs finding quick. Hopper is class .. but he needs the right partner/service.

i hate to mention his name but Cox and he at the start of last season were on fire together and when Hopper came back this there seemed a connection

I have no idea why we don't with Hutchinson and Kelman

We are at the stage when only wins are possibly going to be any use.
We have a clutch of good forward options & attack is becoming the only option with a Barry Fry "they score two we will score 4".

We are at the stage when only wins are possibly going to be any use.
We have a clutch of good forward options & attack is becoming the only option with a Barry Fry "they score two we will score 4".
Or we score 1 they score 7....

Keep aiming for clean sheets is the best bet for me and take that into league 2 next season. New midfield and we might be ok next year.

Back